Who Do You Hold Responsible For The Closure Of The Joe Royle Stand?

Who do you hold responsible for the closure of the Joe Royle Stand?  

108 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you hold responsible for the closure of the Joe Royle Stand?

• Blitz
    • Lemsagam
    • Both

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 09/04/2020 at 02:30 PM

• Replies 244
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am completely cheesed off with the seeming paralysis of what i see is a reasonably trivial matter given the potential cost of rectification of Health & safety issues whoever ends up bearing the cost. 

My only concerns are

1. The effect closing the North Stand on matchdays has on an already increasingly disillusioned support base 

2. The seeming lack of progress at conciliation between the parties to date in resolving the issue(s) doesn't fill us the supporters with much confidence about the potential for Abdallah to complete his purchase of the ground from Brassbank - if that is what has been agreed when Administration was avoided.

Just get it sorted either way, do the repairs or whatever and open the North Stand to fans OR close the North Stand  permanently for OAFC and let us all get on with the rest of our lives without being drawn into constant bickering  

5 minutes ago, whittles left foot said:

We all had to start somewhere. What is strange about someone joining?

It isn’t the fact they have joined. It’s the timing of joining and then only commenting on one topic from the many on here and seemingly having very detailed knowledge of that topic. It’s almost like they have purely joined to post that.

5 minutes ago, unsworth blue said:

I am completely cheesed off with the seeming paralysis of what i see is a reasonably trivial matter given the potential cost of rectification of Health & safety issues whoever ends up bearing the cost. 

My only concerns are

1. The effect closing the North Stand on matchdays has on an already increasingly disillusioned support base 

2. The seeming lack of progress at conciliation between the parties to date in resolving the issue(s) doesn't fill us the supporters with much confidence about the potential for Abdallah to complete his purchase of the ground from Brassbank - if that is what has been agreed when Administration was avoided.

Just get it sorted either way, do the repairs or whatever and open the North Stand to fans OR close the North Stand  permanently for OAFC and let us all get on with the rest of our lives without being drawn into constant bickering  

I totally agree. It will be a big failure if this isn't resolved for when crowds can return. I just wonder in who's best interest is it for that to succeed or fail in the parties involved.

I really want to see it succeed 

50 minutes ago, boshell4eng said:

It isn’t the fact they have joined. It’s the timing of joining and then only commenting on one topic from the many on here and seemingly having very detailed knowledge of that topic. It’s almost like they have purely joined to post that.

Or is it that they have presented a contrarian opinion, one you and another don't seem to like?

8 hours ago, LaticMark said:

From a usually ITK source on twitter:

Don't forget that the club "expects to issue a detailed statement" about the closure of the Joe Royle stand by the end of this week.

This particular Twitter account is usually correct with his/her information - so this, if true, puts the onus firmly back on the club. 

I think we should be grateful that Abdallah, Mo and Barry have the safety of true Oldham fans as their top priority. Doesn't bare thinking  about that all  those past seasons when the OEC was open these problems were causing such risk to lives. As the rest of the ground shows, safety is their number one priority.

13 hours ago, LaticMark said:

From a usually ITK source on twitter:

Don't forget that the club "expects to issue a detailed statement" about the closure of the Joe Royle stand by the end of this week.

I've seen his posts and whilst he gets somethings right he's not always correct, i know for a fact he's way off the mark with a particular player he's touted as being on his way and i also know he's wrong on this as the CCTV issue hasn't been rectified

5 minutes ago, PeteG said:

I've seen his posts and whilst he gets somethings right he's not always correct, i know for a fact he's way off the mark with a particular player he's touted as being on his way and i also know he's wrong on this as the CCTV issue hasn't been rectified

Who is responsible for it and why hasnt the CCTV been rectified then? It's a a quick, cheap and simple job

1 minute ago, BP1960 said:

I believe the OEC are responsible, i don't know whether it is a quick, cheap and simple job it's not my line of work but i'd imagine there is a fair amount of cable to run to the control box and i have been involved in numerous large scale events and i know that cctv needs to be relayed to whoever is in control of the event ie. police, stewards etc. Also the cctv needs to be in all areas that are accessible by the public. I think this is where people get confused and say the NS is safe Monday - Friday, it is i don't doubt for one moment the stand is safe but it needs to comply with different regulations for a football match  

3 minutes ago, PeteG said:

I believe the OEC are responsible, i don't know whether it is a quick, cheap and simple job it's not my line of work but i'd imagine there is a fair amount of cable to run to the control box and i have been involved in numerous large scale events and i know that cctv needs to be relayed to whoever is in control of the event ie. police, stewards etc. Also the cctv needs to be in all areas that are accessible by the public. I think this is where people get confused and say the NS is safe Monday - Friday, it is i don't doubt for one moment the stand is safe but it needs to comply with different regulations for a football match  

Presumably there was an inspection prior to the thing originally opening, was it not flagged up or noticed then? Have rules changed in the meantime? The other three stands have it but this new build doesn't?

3 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

Presumably there was an inspection prior to the thing originally opening, was it not flagged up or noticed then? Have rules changed in the meantime? The other three stands have it but this new build doesn't?

I don't know, i know the other 3 stands have cctv. Perhaps the NS has cctv but not in the fans bar that is relayed to the control box and wasn't an issue when there wasn't a fans bar?

32 minutes ago, PeteG said:

What makes you think your source is any more accurate than his/hers?  Unless of course you are the source

Experience of large scale events... hmmm like most ex Superintendents 

6 minutes ago, PeteG said:

I don't know, i know the other 3 stands have cctv. Perhaps the NS has cctv but not in the fans bar that is relayed to the control box and wasn't an issue when there wasn't a fans bar?

So if the OEC are responsible it's not AL holding up the opening of the stand?

3 minutes ago, PeteG said:

You seem to know an awful lot and nothing at the same time. It’s almost as though you’re choosing what you do know to suit your argument. .

5 minutes ago, Chaddyexile84 said:

What makes you think your source is any more accurate than his/hers?  Unless of course you are the source

Experience of large scale events... hmmm like most ex Superintendents 

I just know that one of the players he's touted as arriving is not! No i've never been in the police force but yes, i've experience of events involving crowds as member of other emergencies services

Archived