Who Do You Hold Responsible For The Closure Of The Joe Royle Stand?

Who do you hold responsible for the closure of the Joe Royle Stand?  

108 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you hold responsible for the closure of the Joe Royle Stand?

• Blitz
    • Lemsagam
    • Both

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 09/04/2020 at 02:30 PM

5 minutes ago, League one forever said:

You seem to know an awful lot and nothing at the same time. It’s almost as though you’re choosing what you do know to suit your argument. .

Like most people do. You tend to know things about what you have been involved in and less so about things you haven't. They say a little knowledge is a dangerous thing.

• Replies 244
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, PeteG said:

Like most people do. You tend to know things about what you have been involved in and less so about things you haven't. They say a little knowledge is a dangerous thing.

😂😂😂

I’ll meet you under the clock tower at 12, I’ll be wearing a black jacket and flat cap. 

I’ll put it another way, you talk in detail about the ongoing issue, but when challenged then say I don’t know.

So. You either have first hand knowledge given the detail you go into. - In which case you’re being disingenuous saying I don’t know. 

Or

You’re just guessing - In which case you’re talking with authority on issues that you have no clue about. 

Which one is it? 

3 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

Aye and Barry Knows fuck all.

I set that one up for you! However, i disagree, as a former match commander i'd have thought he's got a fair bit of knowledge on this topic to be fair to him. You don't have to agree with him but i'd be inclined to think he's fairly knowledgeable in this area

1 minute ago, League one forever said:

😂😂😂

I’ll meet you under the clock tower at 12, I’ll be wearing a black jacket and flat cap. 

I’ll put it another way, you talk in detail about the ongoing issue, but when challenged then say I don’t know.

So. You either have first hand knowledge given the detail you go into. - In which case you’re being disingenuous saying I don’t know. 

Or

You’re just guessing - In which case you’re talking with authority on issues that you have no clue about. 

Which one is it? 

Are you Mo? 😂

I don't say i don't know when challenged at all. I'm saying what i know from experience, what i did say i didn't know about was why it's only come to light recently and gave a possible reason why regarding the fans bar but said i didn't know if that was the case or not. You obviously blame the club and i won't change your mind, like others on here who try to bring balance to the argument they tend to be shot down because in some people's eyes the OEC/FLG can do no wrong and you believe everything they say.

1 minute ago, PeteG said:

I set that one up for you! However, i disagree, as a former match commander i'd have thought he's got a fair bit of knowledge on this topic to be fair to him. You don't have to agree with him but i'd be inclined to think he's fairly knowledgeable in this area

Oh come on, you’re not even hiding it well now. 

Just now, PeteG said:

Are you Mo? 😂

I don't say i don't know when challenged at all. I'm saying what i know from experience, what i did say i didn't know about was why it's only come to light recently and gave a possible reason why regarding the fans bar but said i didn't know if that was the case or not. You obviously blame the club and i won't change your mind, like others on here who try to bring balance to the argument they tend to be shot down because in some people's eyes the OEC/FLG can do no wrong and you believe everything they say.

Hey up Baz - challenge accepted!

CAA02154-4EEE-4055-A7F3-F1F7AD896707.jpeg

9 minutes ago, PeteG said:

He probably is far more knowledgeable than me on it. Trouble is I trust him about as far as I could throw him.

5 minutes ago, Chaddyexile84 said:

Hey up Baz - challenge accepted!

CAA02154-4EEE-4055-A7F3-F1F7AD896707.jpeg

I suppose you still believe the share purchase they claimed was with the solicitors 10 months ago and the deal to buy the ground was still going ahead. They put out bold statements that people seem to lap up but never question again when nothing materialises

1 minute ago, PeteG said:

I suppose you still believe the share purchase they claimed was with the solicitors 10 months ago and the deal to buy the ground was still going ahead. They put out bold statements that people seem to lap up but never question again when nothing materialises

That was just before the highly dilutive share issue was it not? 

2 minutes ago, PeteG said:

Bold statements like saying you have 6 million to buy the lot Ala Abdallah? When are expecting that to “materialise”?

Just now, PeteG said:

Are you Mo? 😂

😂

Well you’d know if I was, you see me most days. . 

It’s got nothing to do with what I believe, I think Blitz is a c**t. It’s got everything to do with the fact that you’re second person to talk about ‘balance’ in as many days. And you‘ve just gone to say you know what I believe after a 3 post exchange. Really?? You then go onto say the OEC and FLG can do no wrong. Who mentioned that? 

It’s all got very defensive. . 

Just now, Chaddyexile84 said:

Bold statements like saying you have 6 million to buy the lot?

Is that what the FLG said? I just know that they said they were purchasing the ground and also purchasing shares in the club A shares giving them full voting rights etc.

Just now, PeteG said:

Is that what the FLG said? I just know that they said they were purchasing the ground and also purchasing shares in the club A shares giving them full voting rights etc.

No It’s what the national press reported your boss agreeing with Blitz  - but you already know that 

2 minutes ago, League one forever said:

😂

Well you’d know if I was, you see me most days. . 

It’s got nothing to do with what I believe, I think Blitz is a c**t. It’s got everything to do with the fact that you’re second person to talk about ‘balance’ in as many days. And you‘ve just gone to say you know what I believe after a 3 post exchange. Really?? You then go onto say the OEC and FLG can do no wrong. Who mentioned that? 

It’s all got very defensive. . 

Not defensive at all, i've nothing to defend. I apologise if i jumped to the wrong conclusion about what you think. There just seems to be a lot of people who just believe the club are at fault for everything regardless

2 minutes ago, Chaddyexile84 said:

No It’s what the national press reported your boss agreeing with Blitz  - but you already know that 

I haven't seen anything saying that at all, i saw a deal in principle was agreed, nothing about having £6 million to buy the lot. There's a big difference, about 35 years ago i agreed a deal to buy my first house for £45k. I didn't have £45k i had about £3k but guess what? The deal still went ahead and i purchased it.

2 hours ago, oafcmetty said:

Well they're hoping to play at BP on Saturday, but as things stand I don't believe they have the right approvals to do so.

I would imagine that club only needs the Main Stand to be compliant with COVID requirements (distanced seating, sanitisation stations, one-way signage). This would be for the respective teams and coaching staff plus tv crew only - so not too onerous a job 😉

1 hour ago, PeteG said:

Your Chapel Road redevelopment is an outstanding asset.

1 hour ago, PeteG said:

You have stated about acting in the interest of balance. There is certainly no balance in this regard at all is there? 

The share issue still doesn’t make any sense whatsoever. Still racking my brains trying to work out when these shares were handed back/given to Corney whether that be 22% or 0.02%.

You state above that ‘They put out bold statements that people seem to lap up but never question again when nothing materialises’

Absolutely fine to have that view. Perfectly reasonable to have that view. But in the interest of balance, by the same token then, you surely have to question the Club on things like this. Two examples:

1. New training facility - Club Statement on 03 May 2019...in there states we’ll keep supporters updated. Not heard a bean since officially. That’s 15 months ago.

2. North Stand Police Investigation - Club stated for months that they had forensic accountants on the case. That’s up to them. They then tell supporters in a statement in January that they have referred the case to GMP and that ‘the truth will come out’. This was then concluded by the GMP that they will not be investigating further. To date; the club have yet to conclude that this was the outcome of the case and advise supporters of the result of their allegation. Why?

Once more, I’m not fussed really who’s fault it is why the stand isn’t open. As usual though, the fans are being treated in disdain. Whichever way it happens, whoever has to make the first move to get the bloody stand open, please do so because a lot of supporters (including myself) are sick to the back teeth of our best and newest facility being closed. The whole debacle is saddening and quite frankly wearying from the point of view of a supporter.

This response is in line with your post however about adding balance. You failed to mention about the two examples above where the club have failed to respond/update when (Un)surprisingly nothing materialises

1 hour ago, PeteG said:

I'm glad we no longer rely on loanees.

1 hour ago, PeteG said:

Good to see the investment in Youth paying off.

1 hour ago, PeteG said:

Year 4 of the 5 year plan to get us into the Championship is on target.

1 hour ago, PeteG said:

The lack of interference in team affairs has been a welcome change.

Archived