Who Do You Hold Responsible For The Closure Of The Joe Royle Stand?

Who do you hold responsible for the closure of the Joe Royle Stand?  

108 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you hold responsible for the closure of the Joe Royle Stand?

• Blitz
    • Lemsagam
    • Both

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 09/04/2020 at 02:30 PM

1 hour ago, PeteG said:

I suppose you still believe the share purchase they claimed was with the solicitors 10 months ago and the deal to buy the ground was still going ahead. They put out bold statements that people seem to lap up but never question again when nothing materialises

I'm glad we longer pay players late any more.

• Replies 244
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, singe said:

Year 4 of the 5 year plan to get us into the Championship is on target.

We are 1 year into that aren't since that was put out last summer. The current regime hasn't even been here 3 years yet have they

Just now, PeteG said:

I'm sure he does since he started our last league game and also our last friendly

Our last league game , only a few weeks ago, and most of those players are still contracted to the club aren't they.

I'm glad he is getting game time with his fellow first teamers, should really help to gel as a squad and hit the ground running at the start of the League campaign.

21 minutes ago, unsworthlatic said:

You have stated about acting in the interest of balance. There is certainly no balance in this regard at all is there? 

The share issue still doesn’t make any sense whatsoever. Still racking my brains trying to work out when these shares were handed back/given to Corney whether that be 22% or 0.02%.

You state above that ‘They put out bold statements that people seem to lap up but never question again when nothing materialises’

Absolutely fine to have that view. Perfectly reasonable to have that view. But in the interest of balance, by the same token then, you surely have to question the Club on things like this. Two examples:

1. New training facility - Club Statement on 03 May 2019...in there states we’ll keep supporters updated. Not heard a bean since officially. That’s 15 months ago.

2. North Stand Police Investigation - Club stated for months that they had forensic accountants on the case. That’s up to them. They then tell supporters in a statement in January that they have referred the case to GMP and that ‘the truth will come out’. This was then concluded by the GMP that they will not be investigating further. To date; the club have yet to conclude that this was the outcome of the case and advise supporters of the result of their allegation. Why?

Once more, I’m not fussed really who’s fault it is why the stand isn’t open. As usual though, the fans are being treated in disdain. Whichever way it happens, whoever has to make the first move to get the bloody stand open, please do so because a lot of supporters (including myself) are sick to the back teeth of our best and newest facility being closed. The whole debacle is saddening and quite frankly wearying from the point of view of a supporter.

This response is in line with your post however about adding balance. You failed to mention about the two examples above where the club have failed to respond/update when (Un)surprisingly nothing materialises

I believe there was an update on the new training facility at a fan's Q&A that you attended where the MD said it was an area where she had a lot of experience and was still something that was ongoing. Grant you, it would be good to get another update but it hasn't been 15 months since we had an update and i'm sure there are more pressing issues now.

My understanding on the GMP complaint was that the club hadn't had any communication from the GMP to say they had closed any potential investigation but it would be good to hear one way or another. 

5 minutes ago, PeteG said:

I'm sure he does since he started our last league game and also our last friendly

Just out of interest, subject to everybody being fit, do you believe he will start against either Carlisle United at home in the Carabao Cup and/or Leyton Orient at home for the first League game?

1 minute ago, unsworthlatic said:

Just out of interest, subject to everybody being fit, do you believe he will start against either Carlisle United at home in the Carabao Cup and/or Leyton Orient at home for the first League game?

No idea, i've no idea how Harry Kewell will line up his team being unable to go and watch any pre-season games this year. I'd have thought he will be in the matchday squad though.

1 minute ago, PeteG said:

I believe there was an update on the new training facility at a fan's Q&A that you attended where the MD said it was an area where she had a lot of experience and was still something that was ongoing. Grant you, it would be good to get another update but it hasn't been 15 months since we had an update and i'm sure there are more pressing issues now.

My understanding on the GMP complaint was that the club hadn't had any communication from the GMP to say they had closed any potential investigation but it would be good to hear one way or another. 

Again then, if we're being kind, that was an update back in January so still 8 months ago. If we're being critical that was stated to a room of a maximum of 30 people. The club never updated supporters beyond that nor released minutes. We did. Bit ridiculous don't you think that the only update provided on this facility has been done to a room of 30 instead of to its wider fan base. If its on hold now and not going ahead, tell supporters.

Its well-known that it isn't being investigated. GMP issued a statement of their own. As such, that's concluded no? Do you seriously believe that the club are sat there now thinking it is still ongoing?

4 minutes ago, PeteG said:

No idea, i've no idea how Harry Kewell will line up his team being unable to go and watch any pre-season games this year. I'd have thought he will be in the matchday squad though.

Given that we currently have 13 professional players signed on (excluding Covid extensions, presume they're gone? Again, no reporting of that from the club once again) i'd fully expect he'd be in a squad of 18.

12 minutes ago, PeteG said:

It's been 10 days short of 16 months since the announcement.

Not one update.

Saying you have a lot of experience, and it is onoing is not an update under any definition of the word, and zero progress.

3 hours ago, PeteG said:

Not defensive at all, i've nothing to defend. I apologise if i jumped to the wrong conclusion about what you think. There just seems to be a lot of people who just believe the club are at fault for everything regardless

It would be nice if the people who run the club weren’t constantly in a race to the bottom of who to blame. The lack personal responsibility is astonishing- it’s always somebody else’s fault. (Sometimes this has merit, a lot of time it doesn’t) There is no galvanising of the fans, there is positivity coming from the club. Instead it’s very adversarial- for to long there has been a culture of them and us.  

It’s incumbent on the owner to give the fans something to get behind. 

Something more than - just be grateful I’m here. 

4 hours ago, PeteG said:

Are you Mo? 😂

I don't say i don't know when challenged at all. I'm saying what i know from experience, what i did say i didn't know about was why it's only come to light recently and gave a possible reason why regarding the fans bar but said i didn't know if that was the case or not. You obviously blame the club and i won't change your mind, like others on here who try to bring balance to the argument they tend to be shot down because in some people's eyes the OEC/FLG can do no wrong and you believe everything they say.

Not necessarily, but I believe them more than AL who is proven serial liar. His latest lie was after hiring HK, when he told the Aussie press he was employed by other clubs previously.

2 hours ago, PeteG said:

Wheater did indeed start in the last friendly, but that team apart from Rowe, has been the reserves full of youths and trialists.

49 minutes ago, Latics and England said:

It is great that someone from the club is finally communicating with the fans here. It's a very weird way of doing it via an anonymous account on a forum but I actually think it is a big step forward. Long may it continue.

We do things properly.

Archived