Who Do You Hold Responsible For The Closure Of The Joe Royle Stand?

Who do you hold responsible for the closure of the Joe Royle Stand?  

108 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you hold responsible for the closure of the Joe Royle Stand?

• Blitz
    • Lemsagam
    • Both

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 09/04/2020 at 02:30 PM

• Replies 244
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 8/26/2020 at 5:28 PM, PeteG said:

I didn't pay anything or search anybody, it was actually sent to me and i don't know anyone called Gladwin??

Are you sure you don't know anyone called Gladwin Pete? 

I mean telling porkies is not going to help your friend Mike Halliwell when it comes to his coup  application to join the Trust Board. 

22 minutes ago, Chaddyexile84 said:

Considering the paper quote GMP it would suggest they have spoken to them. Perhaps you could share proof that they are still investigating this as no doubt on seeing the “leaks” you contacted them with your log number for an update.... Barry?

I haven't said they are still investigating it, i said i haven't seen an official GMP quote and i saw somewhere on twitter, think it was Dmaarms who said the club hadn't been officially informed that was the case

43 minutes ago, PeteG said:

Can you please point me to where GMP have officially announced this, i haven't seen anything. I did see Simon Brooke tweet something about that which i found strange as why would the police tell him when he wasn't involved in anyway? I might well have missed it but i haven't actually seen an official police statement but just various leaks. I also haven't seen the council confirm this and i'm sure they would be interested as wouldn't they be one of the injured parties if there was any wrongdoing. 

:lol:

More spectacular mental gymnastics

You're embarrassing yourself the quote is directly from a statement from GMP.  

3 hours ago, PeteG said:

I haven't said they are still investigating it, i said i haven't seen an official GMP quote and i saw somewhere on twitter, think it was Dmaarms who said the club hadn't been officially informed that was the case

So a quote appeared in the press saying that the case would not be followed up and knowone at the club has noticed this in over 2 months! and knowone has contacted GMP for clarification.

All you are highlighting there is how utterly useless the hierarchy of the football club actually are, assuming you are telling the truth here which is at best questionable.

Put the shovel down mate your just digging yourself a hole and we are all laughing at you.

23 minutes ago, singe said:

I mean telling porkies is not going to help your friend Mike Halliwell when it comes to his coup  application to join the Trust Board. 

The last thing the Trust needs is Mike Halliwell as a director!

1 hour ago, Chaddyexile84 said:

All should become clear at some point this afternoon - after all the club informed the trust they were “hoping” to release a “detailed statement“ for the end of this week...

Call me a grammar school educated pedant, but I understand the calendar week to end at 11:59* pm on Saturday night. There's still time!

:computer:

* and 59 seconds!

Still not statement!

The delay is all very interesting when you realise that the main stand, because everything is so narrow in there, will probably take less then 100 people when present corona safety advice is applied. They will need the extra space offered by the newer stand. It would seem urgent to work out how to make matches earn the club money as soon as possible this season.

8 minutes ago, Pidge said:

The delay is all very interesting when you realise that the main stand, because everything is so narrow in there, will probably take less then 100 people when present corona safety advice is applied. 

Wow 😮 that’s some statement there @Pidge

A stand with a capacity of around 2.5k will only be accommodating 100 fans... let me try and get my head around that one 🤔

1 hour ago, oafc1955 said:

Didn’t they say the statement

re: North Stand would be made by ‘next week’ ....which would be this coming week?

Fuck knows it doesn't matter if we have a statement or not He is going to have work out that their are only 2 solutions here for the Abdallah.

1. He buys the land/stadium off Blitz.

2. He accepts the terms and works with them and tries to work with the FLG to buy the stadium and possibly redevelop it.

1 hour ago, oafc1955 said:

Didn’t they say the statement

re: North Stand would be made by ‘next week’ ....which would be this coming week?

Week commencing 17/8

The club confirmed that it recognises the fans’ disappointment with the continuing closure of the North Stand,  is striving to resolve this situation and expects to issue a detailed statement by the end of this coming week. 

As someone else pointed out, the language used (striving & expects) is a classic delaying tactic 😮

Anticipate an announcement this week .... 😎

6 hours ago, TheBigDog said:

Week commencing 17/8

The club confirmed that it recognises the fans’ disappointment with the continuing closure of the North Stand,  is striving to resolve this situation and expects to issue a detailed statement by the end of this coming week. 

As someone else pointed out, the language used (striving & expects) is a classic delaying tactic 😮

Anticipate an announcement this week .... 😎

They are probably waiting for the SAG report.

12 minutes ago, al_bro said:

They are probably waiting for the SAG report.

Quite possibly true. As they inspected Wednesday, you'd hope that was imminent.

Very furstrating lack of transparency as there are no SAG report, for any event, on Oldham Council websire unlike other Council websites.

8 hours ago, TheBigDog said:

Wow 😮 that’s some statement there @Pidge

A stand with a capacity of around 2.5k will only be accommodating 100 fans... let me try and get my head around that one 🤔

Ok ok, slight exaggeration,  but only slight.  The lower tiers are given to the substitutes one side for each team.  People have to be accommodated 1.5 m apart,  so every other row closed. Already cuts capacity by half.  Then only every 3rd or fourth seat occupied, plus none near the isles.  So I’m estimating less then 150 in the centre “blue” section and maybe 50 each in the grey and white.  
Maybe not 250 in the whole main stand!

The other possibility is of course there is something that SAG want clearing up before ticking the box. Simon brooke took time out to comment on OWTB but choose the diplomatic option on the report being a positive. 

It maybe just some remedial or other. Unless anyone else knows the box as indeed been ticked. 

6 hours ago, Pidge said:

Ok ok, slight exaggeration,  but only slight.  The lower tiers are given to the substitutes one side for each team.  People have to be accommodated 1.5 m apart,  so every other row closed. Already cuts capacity by half.  Then only every 3rd or fourth seat occupied, plus none near the isles.  So I’m estimating less then 150 in the centre “blue” section and maybe 50 each in the grey and white.  
Maybe not 250 in the whole main stand!

One image form the Brighton / Chelsea friendly showed fans sitting in every other row and every other seat, which would reduce capacity to around 25%. 

This would mean BP to would hold a maximum of 3.375 - as long as the Joe Royle stand was open!

47 minutes ago, LaticMark said:

One image form the Brighton / Chelsea friendly showed fans sitting in every other row and every other seat, which would reduce capacity to around 25%. 

This would mean BP to would hold a maximum of 3.375 - as long as the Joe Royle stand was open!

So normal capacity for us. 😩

7 hours ago, LaticMark said:

That estimate may not be far off LaticMark.  I’m sure they have to work on 1.5 m spacing though. I can’t see that being only one seat.  People from the same family could sit together.  So if logistics can work that out it may help. Clearly you can’t sit next to walkways, and that will be one maybe two vertical rows lost.

Archived