Oldham v Carlisle

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply
19 minutes ago, League one forever said:

I know it’s one game. 

But things feel a bit better don’t they? 

Like there’s a bit of hope we might actually win a few games and score a few goals. Who knows- we play our cards right and we could finish 12th. 🕺🏻

cheer up. 

😉

I expect top half for us. Carlisle looked very ordinary aside from Toure... despite some in-the-know pundits lofty predictions. 

Sat back at 2-0 and better teams would have taken advantage. Carlisle were very poor up front, and for the first time in ages, it's a problem we don't have. Just need a bit more accuracy when clearing up field and we would have doubled the score line. Two or three to come in next week according to Roy. If they are loanees from the Championship, it should strengthen us and give more options off the bench. Decent performance, but we need to keep possession more.

2 minutes ago, kowenicki said:

cheer up. 

😉

I expect top half for us. Carlisle looked very ordinary aside from Toure... despite some in-the-know pundits lofty predictions. 

Are we not allowed to quote you at the end of the season this time? 

14 minutes ago, kowenicki said:

cheer up. 

😉

I’d take that after the last few years. 

Just some decent attacking football (especially at home) and a few goals. Maybe a little cup run. 

If we win the next two though I reserve the right to change my mind and convince myself we’re going up. 😎

Seems we have a manager that acfually does his homework and after attending Carlisle's game against Fleetwood, came away with a plan which was executed well. Identified Toure as the strength and Anderton as the weakness.

Passed the ball well and could have, probably should have scored more.

All this with no Wheater, Rowe and Dearnley until he came on late.

Things are looking up if we can win 3 zip with our main strikers on the bench.

55 minutes ago, Clubfootkilkenny said:

How did we look today? I didn’t watch on ifollow as I just see this as another friendly before the serious stuff starts next week. 3nil however makes a refreshing change. Did he play grant and Keillor-Dunn either side of a McAleny or did he go 4-4-2? 

4-3-3 but the front 3 did a lot of switching about. We looked inventive going forward and (say it quietly) pretty solid at the back. Let's hope Carlisle finish 2nd in the league 😉

56 minutes ago, L1onheartNew said:

Seems we have a manager that acfually does his homework and after attending Carlisle's game against Fleetwood, came away with a plan which was executed well. Identified Toure as the strength and Anderton as the weakness.

Passed the ball well and could have, probably should have scored more.

All this with no Wheater, Rowe and Dearnley until he came on late.

Things are looking up if we can win 3 zip with our main strikers on the bench.

Not sure you can class the lads on the bench as the main strikers. Just 2 strikers this season who are gonna have to get into what looks like a decent front line that’s been pulled together. 

8 minutes ago, Behind Closed Doors said:

ummm

“ it is the club’s intention to use the third kit where possible for designated cup competition fixtures when it is appropriate to do so”

From OAFC website

perhaps “where appropriate to do so” means away ties - that’s usually when third kits get worn (when home and away clash with the host side) 

7 minutes ago, Behind Closed Doors said:

Why ? Surely if he can’t find a way to get him involved that can only be good news as we would be doing well ?

Because i believe he will score a bag full of goals at this level in a half decent team. More likely that if he’s not involved it’s because of interference rather than ability. I take your point that he won’t get back in if we keep winning but I’m sure he’ll be needed eventually. 

Archived