Oldham v Carlisle

20 minutes ago, Clubfootkilkenny said:

Because i believe he will score a bag full of goals at this level in a half decent team. More likely that if he’s not involved it’s because of interference rather than ability. I take your point that he won’t get back in if we keep winning but I’m sure he’ll be needed eventually. 

Fair enough but remember he got just 9 goals in his last 38 National League games ( I think)

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply
28 minutes ago, Clubfootkilkenny said:

Because i believe he will score a bag full of goals at this level in a half decent team. More likely that if he’s not involved it’s because of interference rather than ability. I take your point that he won’t get back in if we keep winning but I’m sure he’ll be needed eventually. 

His record speaks for itself, but I’ve got feeling he won’t be mobile enough for Kewell. I think Dearnley will be next line to play. 

2 hours ago, League one forever said:

His record speaks for itself, but I’ve got feeling he won’t be mobile enough for Kewell. I think Dearnley will be next line to play. 

That’s my issue but I won’t moan if we are winning and he’s not playing. I think he’s brilliant but I do worry that he can’t play up front on his own but I don’t like Dearnley or playing 442 so it’s catch 22.  

1 hour ago, Clubfootkilkenny said:

That’s my issue but I won’t moan if we are winning and he’s not playing. I think he’s brilliant but I do worry that he can’t play up front on his own but I don’t like Dearnley or playing 442 so it’s catch 22.  

What don’t you rate about Dearnley? I thought he was one bright spark last season, scored a few in a god awful side. He’s young, I think there’s loads of potential in him. 

7 hours ago, League one forever said:

What don’t you rate about Dearnley? I thought he was one bright spark last season, scored a few in a god awful side. He’s young, I think there’s loads of potential in him. 

There is lots of potential in him (Dearnley). I think the issue is HK looking for people who will do what is asked of them hence Bobby Grant starting.

15 hours ago, TheBigDog said:

3-0 is a good start. One thing I did notice is that 6 out of 10 Carlisle chances were headers...

I know that I am quoting myself, but having watched the highlights again we do look vulnerable to crosses into the box. Hopefully one of the new boys this week will be a commanding centre back 🤔

What did everyone think of Dylan Fage in centre mid? 
I really don’t think he is ready. He never seems switched on. There is always a delay before he decided to set off to contest a ball or close someone down. So he never closes quite close enough to influence the opponent to stop a pass  or a cross.

7 minutes ago, Pidge said:

What did everyone think of Dylan Fage in centre mid? 
I really don’t think he is ready. He never seems switched on. There is always a delay before he decided to set off to contest a ball or close someone down. So he never closes quite close enough to influence the opponent to stop a pass  or a cross.

He’s keen enough and no where near the worst of the foreign legion but agree with the time delay. There was a free ball he was closest to yesterday and he just stared at it until Carlisle picked it up. When Dearnley is fully fit I see Fage on the bench.

There signs of a potential here, the lad up front Mcleney looks very good, a turn of pace and good finisher. This group have only been together for a short time, so they are still getting to know each others game, as time goes on they will improve, 3 nil and still some want to find fault.

11 minutes ago, hillside blue said:

There signs of a potential here, the lad up front Mcleney looks very good, a turn of pace and good finisher. This group have only been together for a short time, so they are still getting to know each others game, as time goes on they will improve, 3 nil and still some want to find fault.

I don’t think anyone is finding fault. Everyone is pleased with yesterday but you are allowed to have a balanced view. Few teams will play as bad defensively as Carlisle did yesterday bar the big guy Hayden they looked like a team of Sefils and Omranis.

it was a good performance but even Kewell and Garrity said there were things to work on and that is to be expected 

2 hours ago, Chaddyexile84 said:

He’s keen enough and no where near the worst of the foreign legion but agree with the time delay. There was a free ball he was closest to yesterday and he just stared at it until Carlisle picked it up. When Dearnley is fully fit I see Fage on the bench.

Fage does show promise and his attitude is good. Didnt have a great deal of opportunity last season, the big cynical L2 sides have players to knock him about, I recall him being hurt a few times.

Our centre midfield options are too limited, we all see it.

Zach Dearnley struck up a good partnership with Danny, we hope it continues, will be hard to judge if they arent in the 11 of course.

Watching the friendlies so far, HK seems to be insisting on playing with width, which is great, still need a wise head in the middle who can put his foot on the ball.

2 minutes ago, Mayfield said:

Fage does show promise and his attitude is good. Didnt have a great deal of opportunity last season, the big cynical L2 sides have players to knock him about, I recall him being hurt a few times.

Our centre midfield options are too limited, we all see it.

Zach Dearnley struck up a good partnership with Danny, we hope it continues, will be hard to judge if they arent in the 11 of course.

Watching the friendlies so far, HK seems to be insisting on playing with width, which is great, still need a wise head in the middle who can put his foot on the ball.

The best thing about Fage is he can play a number of positions. With a reduced squad that will be valuable to us. 

Archived