2 days to go - how do you rate our squad?

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Behind Closed Doors said:

Is it only me who questions the efficacy of using the government’s  job retention money to provide contract extensions for 6 players who you have no intention of retaining.  

There's been a lot bigger "fiddles" going on regarding the furlough scheme than we may be guilty of.

2 hours ago, Behind Closed Doors said:

Is it only me who questions the efficacy of using the government’s  job retention money to provide contract extensions for 6 players who you have no intention of retaining.  

Many companies doing that throughout the country. Far bigger ones than Oldham Athletic 

7 hours ago, Behind Closed Doors said:

Jobs for the boys, or should I say 'furlough for the boys'. 

11 hours ago, Behind Closed Doors said:

They did it because they could I suppose.

* Also -  I think you mean ethicality not efficacy 😊

Keeping them on contract - if the gov't is picking up all/most of the tab- offered a few options at little/ no risk

- time to negotiate a contract for this year if both parties wanted it,

-possibility (don't laugh I said possibility) that you could realise a fee for a leaver who otherwise would have been a free agent.

Given the uncertainty for a long time about when/if the season would restart and how it sort of makes sense if the club weren't making much/any contribution for the club to do it.

I think BigDog has a point though. Just because you can doesn't mean you should...

To Behind Closed Doors point Looks like it wasn't very efficacious though and perhaps  this could have been anticipated?

Archived