Andrea Badan signs for Latics.

3 hours ago, al_bro said:

Agents fees are supposed to be included in the wage cap. What's happened to that, is it enforceable? If not it's a bit late now.

beat me to it....yes I am pretty sure SCMP has this factored in every EFL clubs twice yearly submissions

21 hours ago, Wee Bobby said:

Al-bro and big fat joe. Do you read previous posts. this guy also plays left midfield. Listen and learn. He may well be the ball winning midfielder we need.

I thought I had read that.
A left-footed full back/midfielder could be a useful asset.

21 hours ago, Wee Bobby said:

Al-bro and big fat joe. Do you read previous posts. this guy also plays left midfield. Listen and learn. He may well be the ball winning midfielder we need.

Jordan Barnet also plays LB and LM. LM is not the position a midfielder plays to win he ball. 

Ah Ken Knighton , part of the great tangerine and blue era , getting nostalgic now for Jim Bowie Tommy Bryceland and Alan McNeil 

Also in danger of a degree of optimism for this season based on the Lincoln friendly and the Carlisie game plus the signings this week , I' m sure I will come back to earth  shortly !!!

19 hours ago, Wee Bobby said:

Should have mentioned. A former left back/left sided midfielder  and one of the best we had was Ken Knighton. (played in both posistions) If you are old enough to have seen him play.

My first left-back memory is Ronnie Blair. I thought he was brilliant. Looked hard as nails, but he could play. 

We've had some good ones. John Ryan, Carl Serrant, Neil Pointon and of course pudding' on a muffin Andy Barlow.

51 minutes ago, bigfatjoe1 said:

My first left-back memory is Ronnie Blair. I thought he was brilliant. Looked hard as nails, but he could play. 

We've had some good ones. John Ryan, Carl Serrant, Neil Pointon and of course pudding' on a muffin Andy Barlow.

Going way, way back, Ted West was a tough nut at left back. Predominantly right footed, too, IIRC. For some reason, my Dad called him 'Knocker' West, but I've no idea if that was a common nickname for him or not.

1 hour ago, bigfatjoe1 said:

Ronnie will always be my captain in any Latics 11, but Maurice will always be my left back.

10 minutes ago, L1onheartNew said:

Ronnie will always be my captain in any Latics 11, but Maurice will always be my left back.

And Maurice ousted the World Cup winning Ray Wilson from the left back position.

1 hour ago, bigfatjoe1 said:

I would think of Ronnie as a midfielder?

21 hours ago, bigfatjoe1 said:

We had two England left backs too........and we shouldn’t forget Plummer!

• 2 weeks later...

Archived