Now former MD Karl Evans

• Replies 350
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

New Md Karl Evsns

Anyone know anything about him?

Well known at Bury FC during their turmoil, left Bury FC before Steve Dale but word is that he is not very approachable and is arrogant. 

He claimed to know nothing of the state of affairs at Bury FC under Stewart Day but surely it was his business as CEO to have an idea that their club was being run abysmally? 

Sadly looks a shoe-in for OAFC     

1 minute ago, unsworth blue said:

Well known at Bury FC during their turmoil, left Bury FC before Steve Dale but word is that he is not very approachable and is arrogant. 

He claimed to no nothing of the state of affairs at Bury FC under Stewart Day but surely it was his business as CEO to have an idea that their club was being run abysmally? 

Sadly looks a shoe-in for OAFC     

Well his LinkedIn profile says he was an accountant for 9 years at Man united so the idea he didn't know whats going on is laughable.

5 minutes ago, unsworth blue said:

He claimed to no nothing of the state of affairs at Bury FC under Stewart Day but surely it was his business as CEO to have an idea that their club was being run abysmally? 

Seriously, would you admit to that in this day and age and expect to get another job in football?

2 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

Well his LinkedIn profile says he was an accountant for 9 years at Man united so the idea he didn't know whats going on is laughable.

Just a look at their accounts suggests there was a massive problem ongoing Glossop. 

Seem to recall his actual role at MUFC was completely different 

2 minutes ago, whittles left foot said:

Seriously, would you admit to that in this day and age and expect to get another job in football?

Just the fact that he was CEO / MD whatever at Bury FC under recent owners should really have warning signs though? 

How have the Board at OAFC decided that Mr Evans has the requisite knowledge, skills and experience to be a CEO at OAFC when his previous club basically crashed due to total mismanagement? 

I despair    

Can't believe we're employing red cunts now!!!

***********ABDALLAH OUT**********

Only joking. It seems a good appointment.  Maybe we should start being a bit more positive with the owners and start believing they do want to take us forward?  The new head coach, MD and recruitment process all seem to be an improvement.  Come on Latics, lets start believing. 

He's quoted as saying on the fishal "I'm delighted to be a part of Oldham Athletic. How we conduct ourselves as a club is extremely important and I am committed on making sure as a team we continue to make a positive impact in the town."

The Chuckle Brothers haven't a bloody clue how to conduct themselves as a club or as human beings. When did our glorious leaders ever make a positive impact?

And Natalie just "left", did she? She wasn't "relieved of her duties" as has been reported, then.

Complete joke. 

21 hours ago, Bristolatic said:

He's quoted as saying on the fishal "I'm delighted to be a part of Oldham Athletic. How we conduct ourselves as a club is extremely important and I am committed on making sure as a team we continue to make a positive impact in the town."

The Chuckle Brothers haven't a bloody clue how to conduct themselves as a club or as human beings. When did our glorious leaders ever make a positive impact?

And Natalie just "left", did she? She wasn't "relieved of her duties" as has been reported, then.

Complete joke. 

hey must have hired the new one before there was a vacancy. I know it's done with managers, but it's the first time I've heard of it being done to a CEO.

A positive slant on Karl Evans: 

All of us want our Club to succeed

Top priorities for any incoming CEO have to be:

1. Providing the infastructure for the team to be successful

2. Build an engaged fanbase

The Bury FC announcement of Mr Evans as their new CEO highlights his previous achievements and experience within football which to be fair, makes him a good fit for our Club

https://www.buryfc.co.uk/news/2017/january/statement--karl-evans-appointed-new-ceo/

Mr Evans needs to hit the ground running and deliver a few positives for our supporters

5 minutes ago, tGWB said:

A positive slant on Karl Evans: 

All of us want our Club to succeed

Top priorities for any incoming CEO have to be:

1. Providing the infastructure for the team to be successful

2. Build an engaged fanbase

The Bury FC announcement of Mr Evans as their new CEO highlights his previous achievements and experience within football which to be fair, makes him a good fit for our Club

https://www.buryfc.co.uk/news/2017/january/statement--karl-evans-appointed-new-ceo/

Mr Evans needs to hit the ground running and deliver a few positives for our supporters

He may well be “a good fit” but if he is any good he will soon realise what working for the Fuckwit twins is like and will either leave or fall on the same sword as all before him 

40 minutes ago, Worcester Owl said:

I suppose given the Bury experience at least he knows that another disaster won't look good on his CV.

He was part of a rotten regime that fobbed off their fans whilst Day was leading Bury FC to the financial abyss.  He was to be seen stood in front of fans with Day and Glenn Thomas (another to be avoided) telling fans that all was fine and there was nothing to worry about. 

Who from our club tapped him up? Not difficult to see why the owners would want him as another tier of administration to get past for fans.  I can only think they could think that he is well in at United and could get some favours from there in the short term (as thats all they look at), I suspect they may end up disappointed.  

I think what i expect and what he will achieve at our club are going to be a perfect match   

2 hours ago, Chaddyexile84 said:

He may well be “a good fit” but if he is any good he will soon realise what working for the Fuckwit twins is like and will either leave or fall on the same sword as all before him 

You may well be right but . . 

I have not met AL but judge him I think fairly off the continuing demise of our team results and the continuing erosion of the goodwill within our fanbase 

However, I am most definitely on the side of wanting our Club to find itself and make us all proud to be a small part of it again 

Am comfortable in at least giving new appointments a chance to help get us on the road to recovery 

Our Club has been on a life support machine for some time to keep it functioning and help from anywhere is welcomed if it makes us better 

At the very least I would hope the new CEO will get us in better health to make the Club more attractive to potential buyers 

1 hour ago, unsworth blue said:

He was part of a rotten regime that fobbed off their fans whilst Day was leading Bury FC to the financial abyss.  He was to be seen stood in front of fans with Day and Glenn Thomas (another to be avoided) telling fans that all was fine and there was nothing to worry about. 

Do you not think it would be hard to find a Bury supporter who had anything good to say about the previous owners and their staff? It hard enough on here to find a good word for our club and it has not folded. (who will be first to add yet)

If it is of any comfort this was posted about the previous MD before she was appointed.

On 5/14/2019 at 9:38 PM, adamoafc said:

She is hated at Southport caused a lot of issues. 

Would be a disaster her being involved. 

13 minutes ago, whittles left foot said:

Do you not think it would be hard to find a Bury supporter who had anything good to say about the previous owners and their staff? It hard enough on here to find a good word for our club and it has not folded. (who will be first to add yet)

If it is of any comfort this was posted about the previous MD before she was appointed.

Have you just tried to use my comment about Natalie (Passed from a life president of the club at Southport) To show that she did a good job???

16 minutes ago, whittles left foot said:

So what did she achieve? 

57 minutes ago, whittles left foot said:

My other half is a Bury fan who was powerless to stop the disaster unfolding as it did at Bury and sadly she is scarred by the memories of those who fiddled while Rome burned so to speak. Karl Evans was instrumental in trying to keep the truth of the impending demise from the fans and on one occasion laughed as someone queried another winding up order..... "I can categorically state that there will be no more winding up orders whilst I am here "  followed by the inevitable flood of unpaid bills/ winding up orders etc. 

I have no knowledge of NA being good, bad or indifferent and I know she has had to tow the partyline so to speak but to sack her three days before the season and immediately replace her with someone in power tainted by the Bury regime is bewildering to say the least.       

Archived