Now former MD Karl Evans

2 minutes ago, oafcmetty said:

Speculating, but perhaps he's been trying to improve things from the inside. Obviously they go hard for anyone who speaks out in the public, so he couldn't say anything to the media if he wanted to continue down this route.

I agree, I think that is what he is doing, but clearly that strategy isn’t going well is it, and we need him on our side.  

• Replies 350
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

Cant think off a single positive contribution he made to our club

Suspect he played a major part in further alienating supporters with the ticketing fiasco and removing banners and flags 

Probably only worth jumping around celebrating if someone better come in. How likely is that.... (no ? to emphasise the rhetorical nature of the question) 

At a time when Dylan Fage is our longest serving player, by a distance, who is our longest serving member of staff of any seniority? 

53 minutes ago, tGWB said:

Suspect he played a major part in further alienating supporters with the ticketing fiasco and removing banners and flags 

That would be an arse-licking move of the highest order.

That's an order that came straight from the top, surely?

Karl Evans has been brought in by owner Abdallah Lemsagam to replace former managing director Natalie Atkinson and is tasked with upping revenues and improving fan engagement at Boundary Park.

“What I’ve got to do is guide people through this difficult period because the fans and the community are the lifeblood.”

“We’ve got to understand what they want and get them back on side.” That’s my job.

He’s been a total failure in every aspect!! 😂😂

38 minutes ago, oafc1955 said:

He’s been a total failure in every aspect!! 😂😂

In the same way that we'd refer to managers is there any fairness mileage in suggesting he's been trying to do a job with one hand tied behind his back?

How many CEOs will this be under AL now? Moisley, Atkinson, Evans, new person.  Was there someone else I'm missing between Moisley and Atkinson? 4 or 5 CEOs in 4 and a half years?! Unbelievable.

15 minutes ago, Dave_Og said:

In the same way that we'd refer to managers is there any fairness mileage in suggesting he's been trying to do a job with one hand tied behind his back?

Hands, feet tied whatever it doesn't excuse replying to fans asking a reasonable question as to when ST's will be available with 

"calm down (there was nothing to calm) there's 2 weeks to go but I guess that's another stick for the fans to bash the club with"

and that's before his drunken social media exploits 

Another with the customer and public relation skills of Vlad the Impaler - good riddance 

Maybe so DaveO, but he said himself that he was brought in to improve fan engagement and has failed spectacularly!!

As CEO he should have had full autonomy. If he hasn’t had that then he should have walked away months ago….

He’s been running the show whilst Abdallah has been away and the last few months has been a complete cluster fuck.

I have no sympathy for him whatsoever!!

2 minutes ago, oafc1955 said:

Maybe so DaveO, but he said himself that he was brought in to improve fan engagement and has failed spectacularly!!

As CEO he should have had full autonomy. If he hasn’t had that then he should have walked away months ago….

He’s been running the show whilst Abdallah has been away and the last few months has been a complete cluster fuck.

I have no sympathy for him whatsoever!!

fair enough, just fostering debate

1 hour ago, JoeP said:

That would be an arse-licking move of the highest order.

That's an order that came straight from the top, surely?

As CEO he was running the place whilst AL was in Dubai

Even if the instruction came down from AL, one of his major roles was to enhance supporter engagement, so why not stand up for the supporters

The ticket office was messed up for weeks with some IT issue and then moved to restricted opening hours. all under his watch

Bottom line is, he simply wasn't very good in the role

20 minutes ago, PeteG said:

Any doubts about this man, speak to sponsors who walked away and the staff who have left in their droves. Of all the mistakes Abdallah has made imo this was the worst one of the lot.

i think putting his brother in situ might rank higher.

30 minutes ago, tGWB said:

Bottom line is, he simply wasn't very good in the role

And that’s the understatement of the year. He totally failed to deliver. 

Who’s next to join this ship of fools?

(*) Ship of Fools by World Party - now there’s a tune to play prematch 😎 

1 hour ago, TheBigDog said:

And that’s the understatement of the year. He totally failed to deliver. 

Who’s next to join this ship of fools?

(*) Ship of Fools by World Party - now there’s a tune to play prematch 😎 

Or just read Plato's allegory about dysfunctional democracy out over the tannoy.  Topical in so many ways

4 hours ago, tGWB said:

Cant think off a single positive contribution he made to our club

Well he seemed to play a big part in getting rid of Barry Owen so their is one positive.

But yeah good riddance for now god knows what kind of gangster they will get in to replace him.

Assuming they do....

Archived