Now former MD Karl Evans

• Replies 350
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, 100milesaway said:

On the official site was an interview with Karl Evans, which was put on 17 hours ago.  Then after being on for a very short time has been locked for some reason  .    Anyone know why ?

Probably said he wants the North Stand open and a new Safety Director 

4 hours ago, 100milesaway said:

On the official site was an interview with Karl Evans, which was put on 17 hours ago.  Then after being on for a very short time has been locked for some reason  .    Anyone know why ?

Don't say he's gone already?

On 9/17/2020 at 4:49 PM, al_bro said:

The Trust meet with the new CEO. PTB meet with the new CEO. So far he thinks it's all ok but PTB will no doubt make sure he knows it isn't. What can he do about it? He's AL's employee, and if he steps out of line we all know what happens. 

Having read above comments about how Karl Evans' interview on the official site has mysteriously disappeared, surely he hasn't stepped out of line already and gone (either pushed or of his own volition)? 

Alternatively, it couldn't have contained any reference to how/when Karl Evans was approached and appointed could it? Just wondering whether Ms Atkinson's dismissal and her successor's appointment on the same day may be subject to scrutiny by any party? 

Maybe nothing to see here but after the debacle of the Royton CC Forum filming and its subsequent pulling from official's site............    

I emailed the new CEO last night, I explained concerns the fans have and asked why Harry Kewell had lied to media and fans by saying Wheater had COVID.

he replied, out of hours and was very courteous. Unsurprisingly he ignored the Wheater question and said his job is to rebuild bridges.

I said that is not going to happen with Abdallah and if he was truly his own man he would follow Wheater et al out the door - I also asked again about Harry Kewell lying to media and fans and got this

Thank you for your response.

I respect your view, that you are completely entitled to.
Personally, I have just got to do what I can and try and take the Club forwards.

I hope in time you will be back at Boundary Park watching your team.

Regards

Karl

18 minutes ago, Chaddyexile84 said:

I emailed the new CEO last night, I explained concerns the fans have and asked why Harry Kewell had lied to media and fans by saying Wheater had COVID.

he replied, out of hours and was very courteous. Unsurprisingly he ignored the Wheater question and said his job is to rebuild bridges.

I said that is not going to happen with Abdallah and if he was truly his own man he would follow Wheater et al out the door - I also asked again about Harry Kewell lying to media and fans and got this

Thank you for your response.

I respect your view, that you are completely entitled to.
Personally, I have just got to do what I can and try and take the Club forwards.

I hope in time you will be back at Boundary Park watching your team.

Regards

Karl

To be fair what else could he have said, he works for the owner of the club, he needs to say the right things or else he will be looking for work. 

Just now, disjointed said:

To be fair what else could he have said, he works for the owner of the club, he needs to say the right things or else he will be looking for work. 

i agree - and it was in response to me saying he would go the way of all before him.  I guess I was highlighting it to say we have no chance when the owner can not be subjected to criticism 

4 hours ago, Chaddyexile84 said:

Comes across really well on his interview I thought.

Seems a decent guy

Sacked by Christmas

Agreed. Openly admits he may be Marmite to some, but says that's ok. He's right when he says he can't please everyone. He has his work cut out with the NS, only hoping it will be sorted, which sounds ominous.

Probably not a surprise, not sure what else he can say, but evasive on every question put to him.

Says whether Wheater and Woods play or not is purely down to the manager and simply depends whether he wants to play them. 

The fans are “just a little bit upset” he says. “It’s a little bit of a rocky period.”

🥴

14 minutes ago, Luis Enrique said:

Probably not a surprise, not sure what else he can say, but evasive on every question put to him.

Says whether Wheater and Woods play or not is purely down to the manager and simply depends whether he wants to play them. 

The fans are “just a little bit upset” he says. “It’s a little bit of a rocky period.”

🥴

What a master of the understatement.

36 minutes ago, Luis Enrique said:

Seriously, he said that?! Depends who he thinks is the manager I guess. 

New people, same old shit. Treat the fans like complete idiots. 

A right back at centre back and on the bench a youth team goalie and no centre backs. Of course it’s Kewell’s decision not to have them in the squad. Disgrace. 

We don't have a manager. Kewell was very clear on that in one of his interviews - we have a head coach. He's responsible for coaching them, and has a say in transfers.

“First and foremost, I coach, that’s my role,” said the 41-year-old.

“When the owner (Abdallah Lemsagam) and sporting director (Mohamed Lemsagam) ask me for my opinion (on potential transfers), we’ll talk about it."

https://www.theoldhamtimes.co.uk/sport/18699230.harry-kewell-outlines-role-oldhams-recruitment/

1 hour ago, oafcmetty said:

We don't have a manager. Kewell was very clear on that in one of his interviews - we have a head coach. He's responsible for coaching them, and has a say in transfers.

“First and foremost, I coach, that’s my role,” said the 41-year-old.

“When the owner (Abdallah Lemsagam) and sporting director (Mohamed Lemsagam) ask me for my opinion (on potential transfers), we’ll talk about it."

https://www.theoldhamtimes.co.uk/sport/18699230.harry-kewell-outlines-role-oldhams-recruitment/

He coaches and then Mo picks the team.

• 3 weeks later...

If anyone is interested Karl has agreed to a call with me on Friday morning. This comes following his (very good) podcast last week with the Boundary Park alert system - I had some questions to his responses that weren’t asked by the lads so thought I’d reach out to his wanting to engage stance.

I’m not Push the Boundary, I’m not looking to step on their toes , I’m just another depressed supporter who is sickened at where we are as a club.

I am also looking to be firm but not antagonistic to Karl as I believe he has the right thoughts and ideas and if allowed to implement them without upsetting the Third Reich he could be a very good appointment.

If anyone has any questions or points they would like raising DM me and I will report back on here. 

Archived