1 minute ago, oafc 123 said:

That's fair enough.  I'm surprised to read people writing Keilor-Dunne off already. I haven't watched any football yet but people were rating him as a good signing last week.

He’s dump. No professional footballer should mis place the amount of passes he does. 

• Replies 246
  • Created
  • Last Reply
18 minutes ago, Chaddyexile84 said:

Whilst he did not have the best of games I assume you both missed the pass to create one of our 2 best chances - That Mceleney took a heavy touch to push him wide 

I accept that and McAleny should have done better there. 

I can handle bad games but come on, what professional footballer passes like that? He looks slow for a wide man too (as does grant). 38 year old Jobi mcanuff showed DKD and CBJ a clean pair of heels at the end as well.  

14 minutes ago, LightDN123 said:

He’s dump. No professional footballer should mis place the amount of passes he does. 

He's got to keep it up for a full season to match Iacovitti though

The only player I've seen go through an entire half and not find a team mate with the ball.  Including with 7 throw ins.

The guy was a phenomenon.  If he'd shut his eyes and punted it he'd have probably got lucky once.

Talk of any player being one thing or another at this stage is ridiculous.

Dunn had a poor game but he also put four away in pre-season so I’m willing to give him more than one league game to prove himself. 

McAleny will be a good player for us as will Dearnley and Rowe if we’re able to play to their strengths. Hoping this new Aussie lad is the type to not move from the 6 yard box because a couple of crosses today were met by no one in the box.

In general though our crossing was woeful and unfortunately Hamer appears to be going backwards in terms of his ability on the ball. Jombati to right back and Wheater in at centre half has to be priority. It’s a joke that we’ve started the season with our best defender frozen out. Make up or get a suitable replacement. 

I think we’ll have enough to stay up but the fact I’m thinking that way already is bloody depressing. 

42 minutes ago, oafc 123 said:

That's fair enough.  I'm surprised to read people writing Keilor-Dunne off already. I haven't watched any football yet but people were rating him as a good signing last week.

Can't think of a player in all my time who gave the ball away as much as him today.

6 minutes ago, south east latic said:

Talk of any player being one thing or another at this stage is ridiculous.

Dunn had a poor game but he also put four away in pre-season so I’m willing to give him more than one league game to prove himself. 

McAleny will be a good player for us as will Dearnley and Rowe if we’re able to play to their strengths. Hoping this new Aussie lad is the type to not move from the 6 yard box because a couple of crosses today were met by no one in the box.

In general though our crossing was woeful and unfortunately Hamer appears to be going backwards in terms of his ability on the ball. Jombati to right back and Wheater in at centre half has to be priority. It’s a joke that we’ve started the season with our best defender frozen out. Make up or get a suitable replacement. 

I think we’ll have enough to stay up but the fact I’m thinking that way already is bloody depressing. 

The Aussie lad plays deep.

Ok, I’ve seen the three games, Lincoln, Carlisle, Orient, so in words of Jeremy Clarkson, here’s what I think;

Lawlor, early days, not had a great deal to do, he’ll be fine.

Hamer, gets way too much criticism on here but I’d agree his strength is in the air, everything else needs work, still young though.

Jamboti, will be fun to watch, heart in mouth moments and pieces of quality in equal measure. Probably better at full back but good in the air. Late free kick passed too hard to Pidge but probably harsh to judge that it led directly to their goal. He’ll be ok.

Pidge, yep, still like him at this level. Committed, nuff said.

CBJ, give this lad a chance will be useful for us the more the season progresses. Looks laid back but suspect he has enough pace for this level.

Garrity, quieter game but two earlier good displays suggests some promise. Perhaps lacks a bit of pace will get stuck in.

Whelan, reason he is at this level is lack of height and weight, nice touch seen little bits of excellent skill in each game, bit too easy to go past so needs to work on tackling and holding up the play when out of possession.

Grant, could be ok for us, the squad needs experience.

keiler Dunn, way to much stick on this thread, showed promise in first half but lost his way in the second and I agree, gave the ball away too easily. Let’s not judge this early though.

Mceleney, very small but will get a few for us, looks an intelligent footballer but will not win any headers!

Fage, again I may be glass half full but I think he causes problems, a bit of tenacity but very much still learning.

Rowe, if he creates chances for others and bags a few he’ll keep his place, if he doesn’t then we don’t get much from him, down to him.

Dearnley, I like him, willing runner and we know he can play, Mceleys place under threat.
overall, didn’t deserve to lose and I think home support would have got us the win. That said we didn’t create much either. One plus, I thought we created very good crossing opportunities, some were woeful but others were good but needed bodies flying in. We lack height but with additions we will be alright this year.

5 minutes ago, OneSizeFitz said:

Overall, we were mediocre. So were Leyton Orient. 

Didn't deserve to lose. Didn't deserve to win. 

0-0 would've been fair. 

Yeah, but we did lose...

It's a mediocre league. Mediocre teams that know how to win games like that do well. Mediocre teams that lose games like that don't. 

Smash and grabbed in our own back yard for the 3 millionth time in a quarter of a century...

9 minutes ago, OneSizeFitz said:

Some pretty hyperbolic reactions on here... 

No individual performances were great. None were terrible.

0-0 would've been fair. 

Mediocre, not what I want from any Oldham Athletic player.

9 minutes ago, JoeP said:

Yeah, but we did lose...

It's a mediocre league. Mediocre teams that know how to win games like that do well. Mediocre teams that lose games like that don't. 

Smash and grabbed in our own back yard for the 3 millionth time in a quarter of a century...

Last week we were mediocre and won 3-0.

35 minutes ago, OneSizeFitz said:

Some pretty hyperbolic reactions on here... 

No individual performances were great. None were terrible.

0-0 would've been fair. 

I’m sorry but Keillor-Dunn was terrible, beyond terrible in fact. I don’t understand how anyone can say he wasn’t. Doesn’t matter if it was his first game or not, a shit performance is a shit performance.

I’ll be the first to come on here next week and praise him if he plays well, but the topic of this thread is today’s  game, and today he was fucking shite!

We have a squad full of 6/10 players and that was a 6/10 performance. Unfortunately we don’t have the 8/10 attacker to win us a game we’ve played below par in. And we don’t have the 8/10 defender (on the pitch) to stop shitty late goals. 

We’ll win some of those type games so it’s not all doom and gloom but there’s nothing much so far to suggest a big upturn in form from recent seasons. 

One positive is that a lot of these players are young so could progress from 6/10 given time. 

Archived