Trust AGM 24 Sept 2020 7pm

Trust AGM 7pm 24 Sept 2020 who get's your vote?  

31 members have voted

1. 1. Will/would you vote for Jason Flynn?

• Member Yes
    • Member No
    • Non member Yes
    • Non member No
    • Don't know
  2. 2. Will/would you vote for Mike Halliwell?

• Member Yes
    • Member No
    • Non member Yes
    • Non member No
    • Don't know
  3. 3. Will/would you vote for Mark Harrington?

• Member Yes
    • Member No
    • Non member Yes
    • Non member No
    • Don't know
  4. 4. Will/would you vote for Paul Hughes?

• Member Yes
    • Member No
    • Non member Yes
    • Non member No
    • Don't know
  5. 5. Will/would you vote for Paul Lawson?

• Member Yes
    • Member No
    • Non member Yes
    • Non member No
    • Don't know
  6. 6. Will/would you vote for Mark Lund?

• Member Yes
    • Member No
    • Non member Yes
    • Non member No
    • Don't know
  7. 7. Will/would you vote for Darren Ratcliffe?

• Member Yes
    • Member No
    • Non member Yes
    • Non member No
    • Don't know
  8. 8. Will/would you vote for Tracy Wright?

• Member Yes
    • Member No
    • Non member Yes
    • Non member No
    • Don't know

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 09/24/2020 at 05:00 PM

Now the Trust candidates have been announced, who do you think will be effective, who will get your vote?

Every vote will be crucial.

Their individual statements are here:

https://trustoldham.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2020/09/Candidate-Statement-for-members.pdf

Details of the voting structure.

https://trustoldham.co.uk/2020/09/14/trust-emg-announces-candidates-standing-for-election-at-the-agm/

Nobody can vote unless they understand and accept what they voting for. 

What is the trust currently?

Its a 3% board member with little or no effect because the club (despite what we all think or want) isn’t in crisis or about to be sold. 

What do all the trust personal statements want? 

A co-operative club with a critical friend 😂 oxymoron alert!!!! 

IT. IS. NEVER. GOING. TO. HAPPEN. WITH. THIS. OWNER. 

So what are you voting for?

Well. None of you are voting for who you think will be best placed to get AL onside, because time again two things happen. 1- the ‘critical friend’ pisses him off and he stops talking.  2- The incumbent director gets seduced by a bit of power and after a while starts tickling red fleece’s back and then starts saying ‘what the fans have got to realise is. . ‘ 

So- what is the trust then?

It’s a crisis group that can work in the background and fundraise to help if and when the need arises- who best placed to that- god knows. 

But please, for the love of god can we all stop pretending the owner is going to put his ego away. Or think about fans first. Or stop sacking people. Or listen to a small group of volunteers. 

An before anyone starts. I’ll clarify what I’m saying. I’m not having a go at well meaning people who love the club. I’m pointing out the frankly laughable proposition of what the trust thinks it is, and the harsh reality. 

7 hours ago, League one forever said:

An before anyone starts. I’ll clarify what I’m saying. I’m not having a go at well meaning people who love the club. I’m pointing out the frankly laughable proposition of what the trust thinks it is, and the harsh reality. 

“I’m not having a go” says League One Forever  

Wouldnt like to be a target of your criticism fella 

Be kind people...I visit this board you know..haha.

it is my personal opinion that It really is a last chance to get this right. The members survey will give the new board sense if direction.

IMO the MOU being signed off by the club is the foundation of the club/trust relationship and goes towards the transparency, open-ness and honesty the fans want as part of the 6 expectations

The FSA sustain the game campaign gives trust ideas on partnerships and thinking outside the box when it comes to our club

Remember its a seat at the table and not banging at the door to be let in....its how it effectively uses that seat and legal entitlement as a shareholder..an example being the clubs u-turn on 2017/18 accounts and better practice on the 2018/19 accounts.

So close the poll I am in the lead. I can't remember the last time I was winning something.

Thanks Singe for doing this poll. I will watch it with interest.

Lastly, please members vote when you get your information through to do this.Now is your chance to effect change.

Non-members your feedback is appreciated as well.

You don't have to be a director to help either. You could be a go to person if you have skills the Trust desperatley needs...legal as in ACV, coroprate law, HR, Financial, fundraising...once the new board is in situ i am sure they will look at what they need. 

Thanks everyone and be safe

Am i right in thinking 5 of the 8 candidates have previously been Directors over the years? If so, what is going to change, i understand nobody else has put themselves forward so it is what it is but this seems like a step back in all honesty. What will they do differently, can't help but feel some have had their chance.

1 hour ago, underdog said:

Be kind people...I visit this board you know..haha.

It really is a last chance to get this right. The members survey will give the new board sense if direction.

IMO the MOU being signed off by the club is the foundation of the club/trust relationship and goes towards the transparency, open-ness and honesty the fans want as part of the 6 expectations

The FSA sustain the game campaign gives trust ideas on partnerships and thinking outside the box when it comes to our club

Remember its a seat at the table and not banging at the door to be let in....its how it effectively uses that seat and legal entitlement as a shareholder..an example being the clubs u-turn on 2017/18 accounts and better practice on the 2018/19 accounts.

So close the poll I am in the lead. I can't remember the last time I was winning something.

Thanks Singe for doing this poll. I will watch it with interest.

Lastly, please members vote when you get your information through to do this.Now is your chance to effect change.

Non-members your feedback is appreciated as well.

You don't have to be a director to help either. You could be a go to person if you have skills the Trust desperatley needs...legal as in ACV, coroprate law, HR, Financial, fundraising...once the new board is in situ i am sure they will look at what they need. 

Thanks everyone and be safe

The list doesn’t really fill me with confidence (Underdog aside), as someone else has said most have been directors before so hardly new and fresh ideas coming through.

we already know that Ratcliffe has been woeful in his role and when he goes on about connecting with the fan base does he forget he has apparently blocked the vast majority of people who ask him anything like a searching question on social media platforms.

coupled with his recent resignation - what’s changed? Just another parasite wanting to have some sort of name for himself - Not forgetting he is minuted by Underdog as not being trusted by the then board including herself - he’s a tool.

”Be a critical friend” - yeah as that has worked so well to date.  The moment you get critical with CoCo Lemsagem he cuts you out or makes your existence as difficult as possible and that is not going to change whatever Trust board exists or Pawn that gets a club tie and a seat next to Bazza 

On 9/15/2020 at 9:18 AM, PeteG said:

Am i right in thinking 5 of the 8 candidates have previously been Directors over the years? If so, what is going to change, i understand nobody else has put themselves forward so it is what it is but this seems like a step back in all honesty. What will they do differently, can't help but feel some have had their chance.

It is a valid point and I have genuinely have thought about it as I am one of those. I usually say never go back, but I believe the share holding is worth salvaging. Or I can at least walk away and say, I did my best. I left with stuff still needing signing off. I would like the MOU sorted with the club that will set the foundation of a Trust/club new start. That is my focus.

Again, it is my personal opinion that It literally is the last chance for it to change as an organisation, literally rip it up and start again. Remember it was 16 years it started and its been stuck supporting those objectives when  they needed to be yearly reviewed.

Remember the Trust was alone for a until the last few years, we absorbed a lot and did not really have anywhere to turn to when stuff was going on at our club. Now we have the weight of the FSA behind us, we are stronger because of this and a route to the EFL. With the FSA we can network see/ share good practice. Grimsby is a good example of good owner/Trust relationship, then you have to look at Charlton Trust (CAST) and there fight and learn from what they are going through. Look at the marker flags.

There was lots of work done last season mostly with the FSA. 

FSA review of the Trust

We were reviewed last September by the FSA as an organisation and they approved the key marker questions we should be asking the club on a bi-monthly basis. I did build this into the Trust Rep job spec - yet to be approved. Those questions that would Flag any issues at the club

MOU - again based on good practice and in place at other EFL clubs and embeds the 6 fan expectations. I believe after I left it was approved by the Club MD but COVID put it on the back burner. I am sure it will be looked at with the new CEO

Sustain the game campaign - We could adapt the good ideas that would strengthen some of the 6 fan expectations and build outside relationships

The bricks are there, they just need laying correctly as a foundation to kick on from and by the right people in the right roles at the Trust.

It needs a good support network around it too. There might be fans out there that might be able to be on hand/go to people. Rather than us relying on the FSA. Its a chance for fans to get involved and change it to what we are all proud to support.

The other option is that it ceases and that can still happen.

On 9/15/2020 at 9:36 AM, Chaddyexile84 said:

The list doesn’t really fill me with confidence (Underdog aside), as someone else has said most have been directors before so hardly new and fresh ideas coming through.

we already know that Ratcliffe has been woeful in his role and when he goes on about connecting with the fan base does he forget he has apparently blocked the vast majority of people who ask him anything like a searching question on social media platforms.

coupled with his recent resignation - what’s changed? Just another parasite wanting to have some sort of name for himself - Not forgetting he is minuted by Underdog as not being trusted by the then board including herself - he’s a tool.

”Be a critical friend” - yeah as that has worked so well to date.  The moment you get critical with CoCo Lemsagem he cuts you out or makes your existence as difficult as possible and that is not going to change whatever Trust board exists or Pawn that gets a club tie and a seat next to Bazza 

Thanks Chaddy

Its about getting the right people in the right roles and at the right time. If we have to wait for the right candidate for a role then so be it. Rushing to appoint has been part of the unravelling of the Trust.

I remember Andy B who no longer posts on here, suggesting we do what other organisations do when there is a job vacancy, we have a job spec, we advertise, there is a selection process. Applicants do not  necessarily have to be a fan first, its more the right skills/experience. The key roles should be on a probationary period too. 

For example myself, I am admin I am not a key role person like Chair, secretary, treasurer....yet last season I was doing a but of everything and not doing it so well so I have to take some responsibility of the mess the Trust is in.

So what will change? it is my personal opinion that Having strong Trust  leadership with the back up of procedures/policies signed off by all the new board and a clear line of sight that if you do something wrong what the consequences are. Code of conduct, social media policy, disciplinary policy, complaints policy. Being right at the very beginning of a new board and clear. I am confident that there will be more decisive decisions.

Its about being professional like in any job role, job description and if you do something wrong then there are consequences.

The membership survey have spoken with regards to direction of the new Trust board team and that has to be taken on board with a clear strategy built around the feedback and the overall 6 fan expectations.

FSA involvement - They are aware of the Trust/club relationship. They are aware of the advice they gave the Trust at Christmas time to still attempt a dialogue. They are knowledgeable when it comes to saying, okay you have done all you can as a Trust to get some comms going and now you need to look at other options. Our membership with them is essential as our go to people.

As we know action speak louder than words and the AGM is next week. From then on its like a pre-season, judge the new team based on  10 games in...well 10 weeks maybe as my footballing days are over.

Cheers

It is a valid point and I have genuinely have thought about it as I am one of those. I usually say never go back, but I believe the share holding is worth salvaging. Or I can at least walk away and say, I did my best. I left with stuff still needing signing off. I would like the MOU sorted with the club that will set the foundation of a Trust/club new start. That is my focus.

It literally is the last chance for it to change as an organisation, literally rip it up and start again. Remember it was 16 years it started and its been stuck supporting those objectives when  they needed to be yearly reviewed.

Remember the Trust was alone for a until the last few years, we absorbed a lot and did not really have anywhere to turn to when stuff was going on at our club. Now we have the weight of the FSA behind us, we are stronger because of this and a route to the EFL. With the FSA we can network see/ share good practice. Grimsby is a good example of good owner/Trust relationship, then you have to look at Charlton Trust (CAST) and there fight and learn from what they are going through. Look at the marker flags.

There was lots of work done last season mostly with the FSA. 

FSA review of the Trust

We were reviewed last September by the FSA as an organisation and they approved the key marker questions we should be asking the club on a bi-monthly basis. I did build this into the Trust Rep job spec - yet to be approved. Those questions that would Flag any issues at the club

MOU - again based on good practice and in place at other EFL clubs and embeds the 6 fan expectations. I believe after I left it was approved by the Club MD but COVID put it on the back burner. I am sure it will be looked at with the new CEO

Sustain the game campaign - We could adapt the good ideas that would strengthen some of the 6 fan expectations and build outside relationships

The bricks are there, they just need laying correctly as a foundation to kick on from and by the right people in the right roles at the Trust.

It needs a good support network around it too. There might be fans out there that might be able to be on hand/go to people. Rather than us relying on the FSA. Its a chance for fans to get involved and change it to what we are all proud to support.

The other option is that it ceases and that can still happen.

The worrying thing looking at this poll, nobody except yourself will get elected! What happens then, the Trust folds? I don't know any of the potential new guys so why is everyone against them, genuine question as i've never heard of some of them.

On 9/15/2020 at 11:21 AM, PeteG said:

The worrying thing looking at this poll, nobody except yourself will get elected! What happens then, the Trust folds? I don't know any of the potential new guys so why is everyone against them, genuine question as i've never heard of some of them.

then my world domination is complete and I do all the roles..ha, ha harrrrrrrrrr.......that is my best evil laugh by the way. I can see myself sat at the club board table now and I do like prawn sandwiches and I have not seen Barry for over a year now I bet he would be glad to see me. "guess whose back..."....Only joking I have a gutter level sense of humour sorry.

In my personal opinion that There are some good skills and experiences listed by the candidates. We all bring something to the table if those skills and experiences are used well. 

If it does cease, then I am sure the FSA legal team and the membership will be consulted. There is also the monies in the bank to consider.

I think it is a case of just watching what happens at the AGM and seeing what happens immediately after....the first statement should set the tone and strategy in my opinion.

Am I still in the lead? whoop!

1 minute ago, underdog said:

then my world domination is complete and I do all the roles..ha, ha harrrrrrrrrr.......that is my best evil laugh by the way. I can see myself sat at the club board table now and I do like prawn sandwiches and I have not seen Barry for over a year now I bet he would be glad to see me. "guess whose back..."....Only joking I have a gutter level sense of humour sorry.

There are some good skills and experiences listed by the candidates. We all bring something to the table if those skills and experiences are used well. 

If it does cease, then I am sure the FSA legal team and the membership will be consulted. There is also the monies in the bank to consider.

I think it is a case of just watching what happens at the AGM and seeing what happens immediately after....the first statement should set the tone and strategy in my opinion.

Am I still in the lead? whoop!

What are your thoughts on the new candidates, like i said i don't know them so wondering why people would be voting no whereas i could understand don't know. 

On 9/15/2020 at 11:47 AM, PeteG said:

What are your thoughts on the new candidates, like i said i don't know them so wondering why people would be voting no whereas i could understand don't know. 

It would be wrong for me to say and influence any member on how they should vote. 

Thanks

1 minute ago, underdog said:

It would be wrong for me to say and influence any member on how they should vote. 

All I ask is that members and fans in this poll,  make decisions based on the candidates statements and previous actions.

Thanks

Appreciate that, but it's very difficult if we don't know who they are. All the statements are very similar in my opinion so if we are to go on past actions it looks a lost cause. Sorry to be defeatist but it does seem nothing will change. Quite a few statements talk about increasing the shareholding, where would the funds come from and if the major shareholder doesn't want to sell you can't do that. Also, increasing the shareholding would surely mean funding some of the deficit on a monthly basis.

On 9/15/2020 at 12:00 PM, PeteG said:

Appreciate that, but it's very difficult if we don't know who they are. All the statements are very similar in my opinion so if we are to go on past actions it looks a lost cause. Sorry to be defeatist but it does seem nothing will change. Quite a few statements talk about increasing the shareholding, where would the funds come from and if the major shareholder doesn't want to sell you can't do that. Also, increasing the shareholding would surely mean funding some of the deficit on a monthly basis.

Don't forget there are two other shareholders besides the Trust both could be approached. One which was confirmed by the trust exercising its legal right to know and the club submitting the updated paper work at companies house...I had forgotten about that. What do you think a share would be worth in our club? Just curious.

and yes you are right, might need the cash for it too. There are fundraising options. For example the FSA themselves contributed to a supporter organisation crowdfunding to buy their ground (think it was wimbledon). Think it was a £5k for a share.

But you are right as well, one or the other shareholder would want to sell some too. Who knows in Covid times either one might welcome the cash.

Increasing the shareholding gives additional shareholder rights 5%, 10%, 25% and above.

It may also give fans a sense of "being" if we owned more of our club. Our Identity

Don't forget there are two other shareholders besides the Trust both could be approached. One which was confirmed by the trust exercising its legal right to know and the club submitting the updated paper work at companies house...I had forgotten about that. What do you think a share would be worth in our club? Just curious.

and yes you are right, might need the cash for it too. There are fundraising options. For example the FSA themselves contributed to a supporter organisation crowdfunding to buy their ground (think it was wimbledon). Think it was a £5k for a share.

One of the candidates comes from a strong financial background that could advise Trust on options of finances.

But you are right as well, one or the other shareholder would want to sell some too. Who knows in Covid times either one might welcome the cash.

Increasing the shareholding gives additional shareholder rights 5%, 10%, 25% and above.

It may also give fans a sense of "being" if we owned more of our club. Our Identity

You say 2 other shareholders, the other being Simon Corney who has 0.11% so it would be Abdallah that you would need to persuade to sell. I could be wrong but i doubt he would be willing to say give up 25% whilst still financing 100%. So if the 200k per month needed to run the club is correct, and the Trust wanted to own 25% you are looking at having to find 50k a month, every month. An absolute non-starter.

Archived