How did it come to this?

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's not how did it, it's when did it? At a rough guess, I'd say around the time The Two Basket Case Dictators rode into town. I don't think either of them would know a decent footballer if they tried from now until Christmas.

If they honestly believe that they're bringing quality players into the club, they need certifying. No manager/head coach will ever succeed with those two looneys pulling the strings.

But it's never their fault; so another manager/head coach bites the dust because he can't turn a bunch of no hopers into a promotion winning team.

For Christ's sake, Lemmys, do the decent thing and piss off, because I'm seriously beginning to believe we will be Conference fodder this time next year if they're still around.

1 hour ago, BP1960 said:

All replies to the owner and his Sporting Director  brother.

Because a crook crippled us, three 'saviours' became one who then wasn't interested and kept digging a big hole and then left at the first opportunity, selling us to a total dickhead who hasn't a clue and is unwilling or incapable of even learning from his own mistakes. 

Either that or someone from Oldham insulted his family years ago and this is part of a vendetta. 

58 minutes ago, Bristolatic said:

It's not how did it, it's when did it? At a rough guess, I'd say around the time The Two Basket Case Dictators rode into town. I don't think either of them would know a decent footballer if they tried from now until Christmas.

If they honestly believe that they're bringing quality players into the club, they need certifying. No manager/head coach will ever succeed with those two looneys pulling the strings.

But it's never their fault; so another manager/head coach bites the dust because he can't turn a bunch of no hopers into a promotion winning team.

For Christ's sake, Lemmys, do the decent thing and piss off, because I'm seriously beginning to believe we will be Conference fodder this time next year if they're still around.

I don't understand what these clowns are getting from this? Because what they are doing is not working, costing them more money, especially as they have no assets to fall back on.  On the bright side I don't think and I hope they won't be around for too much longer. Because they are losing fans at a rapid rate. Meaning they have to put more of their money in, to cover the losses. Which may mean they will run out of money sooner rather than later. Or if the rumours on Twitter are to be believed they are becoming disillusioned with season ticket sales and will be looking for a way out. Going forward once they have gone, we as fans have got to make sure that nobody from the current regime can weasel their way back into the club. 

8 hours ago, LightDN123 said:

After the game on Saturday I asked if there was any interest in kicking up a fuss about the Wheater situation, not a single reply received. 
This to me says we care enough to moan but not enough to act. So it is what it is unfortunately. The clowns have won in my eyes now. 

Did you pay for the game tonight?

8 hours ago, bigfatjoe1 said:

Because a crook crippled us, three 'saviours' became one who then wasn't interested and kept digging a big hole and then left at the first opportunity, selling us to a total dickhead who hasn't a clue and is unwilling or incapable of even learning from his own mistakes. 

First opportunity (as far as we know) or possibly only opportunity.  You have to be bonkers to want to buy a football club.  You have to be idiotic and bonkers to want to buy a football club and not know exactly what you're getting for your money.

Alarm bells started ringing when I heard an agent wanted to buy us.  As agents are not known for being the most scrupulous bunch of people, I thought at worst he'd try and farm his own players through the club, which he obviously did but he's been much worse than that.

The decline under Corney was steady, but there was a base to work with.  It seems like a pipe-dream to even get back to that place.  I don't blame Corney for selling to this chap - I think if I'd got the abuse Corney got, I'd have gone back on my "only sell to the right person" line, but also if some mug was willing to offer me millions for something which is effectively worthless, as a businessman (rather than a fan) you'd be an idiot not to take it.

4 minutes ago, oafcmetty said:

Anyone putting money into the club is enabling them. Boycott now - it's the only power we have.

Im certainly not paying for Stevange after that - especially when Harry thinks it was excellent.

Ive also amended my prediction league - 1-0 Stevenage nailed on 

2 minutes ago, Chaddyexile84 said:

Im certainly not paying for Stevange after that - especially when Harry thinks it was excellent.

Ive also amended my prediction league - 1-0 Stevenage nailed on 

Stevenage would be my closest match. I'm happy that the decision on whether to go is our of my hands

1 hour ago, oafcmetty said:

Anyone putting money into the club is enabling them. Boycott now - it's the only power we have.

Appealed for this over 12 month ago, unfortunately the apologists won the day, smoke the fuckers out and let them fund the shit show if that is their preference, if you contribute your part of the problem.

1 hour ago, frizzell54 said:

Adopting "Mouldy Old Dough" as the anthem was the start of the decline.  It set the wrong tone.

50 minutes ago, Magic Mikey said:

In 1973?

Fanfare to the Common Man was the entrance music in the 1990's, the Lived the Dream Years.  The decision to change it was made via a vote in 2008.

Goal Celebration And Entrance Music

•  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

24 minutes ago, frizzell54 said:

Fanfare to the Common Man was the entrance music in the 1990's, the Lived the Dream Years.  The decision to change it was made via a vote in 2008.

Goal Celebration And Entrance Music

•  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

So you meant readopting. 

Archived