How did it come to this?

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, TheBigDog said:

And that’s where the shadow falls - there is no guarantee, if supporters stop putting money in, that the club will be sold and survive. Going through the courts will almost certainly mean points deduction and inevitable relegation. It could also mean extinction. A slow death or a quick one? Either way it won’t be a painless death. 

We’ve had two recent offers according to Adam at PTB. To much money involved for to us fail.

We may go down the leagues. But there’s absolutely no chance we will go bust. 

1 hour ago, longtimeblue said:

Too much slack mate. The decline was steady initially but was increasing daily (to the point we were close to admin if some sources are believed). We'd have been no better off with Corney at the helm. The damage was done and this charlatan was too self absorbed to realise. It needed root and branch. All under one umbrella. Wrong seller, wrong buyer.

I think we'd be better off with me, you or the neighbour's cat at the helm rather than the Lemsegams, to be honest..

Any damage done by Corney has been accelerated by Abdallah. On top of continuing financial uncertainty, we've had a relegation, bizarre player recruitment, owner interference in team affairs, an unhealthy turnover of staff and have lost the use of the North stand (amongst other things which I've forgotten).  A few sources claiming we were on the verge of administration under Corney has now been replaced by dozens of full on detailed accounts of how badly things are going within the club.

It's not a popular opinion as Corney's the man everyone loves to hate, but I think we'd be better off now if Corney was still in charge, in spite of his draw-backs.

All ifs, buts and maybes, like..

6 hours ago, Chaddyexile84 said:

Without the state we were in pre 2000 we wouldn’t have been landed with Moore we can go back and back till World War 1 fucked up our 2nd in the country standing, it has no bearing on the present.  Corney was a crook no doubt but he is not the reason we are languishing at the arse end of the football league not getting a single shot on target against pissing Morecambe 

No, if Gavrilo Princip had just chilled out in Sarejevo instead of starting WW1 we'd probably still be in the top tier with a couple of Champions League victories under our belt 

I blame him and always will 😉

.... and of course the asset stripping 3 Amigos are also complete c***s

4 minutes ago, Ritchierich said:

I truly hope this post is not re quoted in the coming months 😔

When Blitz took AL to court he said he had an contingency in place in case he didn’t pay. That could only mean one thing- that he would fund the club or help facilitate someone getting control of the club. Why? Because if we go bust, how does he ever get his money back for the north stand. In addition who on earth would rent office space  in a white elephant stand on a former football league club?  Nobody would touch it- and blitz loses his investment. The only other alternative is he sells the lot, - but again do you think any buyer will give him 6/7 million to recoup his losses on top of what he wants for the land. Not going to happen- especially in the current economic climate. Plus what crisis club in the lower leagues has offers going in when they’re not in admin? They’re is obviously strong interest in the club. 

I said it at the time, that North Stand secured our future. Only trouble is, if AL doesn’t sell that future looks like conference north. 😩

14 minutes ago, League one forever said:

When Blitz took AL to court he said he had an contingency in place in case he didn’t pay. That could only mean one thing- that he would fund the club or help facilitate someone getting control of the club. Why? Because if we go bust, how does he ever get his money back for the north stand. In addition who on earth would rent office space  in a white elephant stand on a former football league club?  Nobody would touch it- and blitz loses his investment. The only other alternative is he sells the lot, - but again do you think any buyer will give him 6/7 million to recoup his losses on top of what he wants for the land. Not going to happen- especially in the current economic climate. Plus what crisis club in the lower leagues has offers going in when they’re not in admin? They’re is obviously strong interest in the club. 

I said it at the time, that North Stand secured our future. Only trouble is, if AL doesn’t sell that future looks like conference north. 😩

He could see it as a choice between losing it now or losing as much over a period of time and getting a load of grief in the interim. 

15 minutes ago, Dave_Og said:

He could see it as a choice between losing it now or losing as much over a period of time and getting a load of grief in the interim. 

Either way he still loses Dave, and if he was a cut his losses man I think he would been gone a long time ago.   His track record suggests he’s extremely savvy/clever with his money. 

12 minutes ago, League one forever said:

Either way he still loses Dave, and if he was a cut his losses man I think he would been gone a long time ago.   His track record suggests he’s extremely savvy/clever with his money. 

I guess we'll find out 

53 minutes ago, League one forever said:

That's a very good and valid point. That's why I think boycotting could be the way to go. Because it hurts the lemmies and the people we want out. Rather than the club as a whole. It could make the club better in the long run. 

31 minutes ago, Canada_latic said:

That's a very good and valid point. That's why I think boycotting could be the way to go. Because it hurts the lemmies and the people we want out. Rather than the club as a whole. It could make the club better in the long run. 

Totally agree. 

It will get a lot worse before it gets better, but if any new owner can pay Blitz off from the start they’ll have a great opportunity to turn us around. 

5 hours ago, unsworth blue said:

I have no idea what the Lemmies are there for, what motivates them, what they think and how they think they are running the club. 

1 hour ago, TheBigDog said:

Agree - I cannot fathom what it is they get out of running the club 🤔

Is it perhaps more a culture that cannot accept/won't or can't admit they're in the wrong? So they carry on in the belief that their way is the right way.

2 minutes ago, Bristolatic said:

Is it perhaps more a culture that cannot accept/won't or can't admit they're in the wrong? So they carry on in the belief that their way is the right way.

I think it is Bristol - to me it looks like this whole thing is a power-trip/ vanity project. They also seem to want to surround themselves with sycophants who will praise them at every turn, it seems that all and sundry have to praise the owner, say he is more sinned against than sinner etc.  Any who choose not to do their bidding are banished (many managers, MD, a few players frozen out) and they no longer even acknowledge the media in this country although interestingly they court the media in Australia. 

Its the underhanded way that they dispose of staff/ managers etc. that really underlines how despicably the employees are treated though.  

Not for me I am afraid, as i have said many times before "It's not the status of the club, it's the state of it that really offends"  

8 hours ago, unsworth blue said:

They also seem to want to surround themselves with sycophants who will praise them at every turn, it seems that all and sundry have to praise the owner, say he is more sinned against than sinner etc.

Probably why they don't seem to give a fuck about the fans or seem articularly arsed that we've only shifted 600 season tickets..

Everyone has had their part to play who's had ownership of the club. Pinpointing the blame at this point doesn't solve anything nor does it make it any clearer when exactly the cogs started grinding to a halt; we've been poorly managed by a collective. The club is depressing. Everything about it just reeks and it feels like a very distant, toxic cousin of what it once was. 

I'm in my mid-twenties: I haven't seen us win any silverware, I've seen us lose 2 play-off semi-finals, I've never seen us promoted, I've never seen us play higher than League One BUT I have seen us relegated and I have seen us nearly drop out of the EFL. The only decent memories are the cup games, Everton away in 2008 being one. That's it. Problem is my generation and below are meant to be the future of the club having witnessed all of that and the current situation. I've mentioned this time and time again on here on here but does the current ownership really think that fans my age will be coming to BP? Not a chance. That's future revenue down the drain and once-potential supporters now joining the waiting list for season tickets at Old Trafford - sounds OTT but this is the reality of football in Oldham; the majority of Oldhamers don't appear to care about the club.

Sounds blunt and very pessimistic but the writing is on the wall for our club. The current ownership could have a change of heart and/or sell up and I'd be happily accept being wrong but I highly doubt that will happen without it going to court. Looking at what happened to Bury and now Macclesfield. With the utter incompetence of the EFL added into the mix, I'm saying within the next 2-3 years we'll be a has-been. There's no future in the repeating the same thing each season and expecting a different outcome. There's no future in ignoring the next generation.

Nobody can work out the motive as to why the current ownership is holding on to us so I think that sentiment needs to be matched: if they don't care, neither should we - no more money to OAFC. I'm having much more joy seeing Bury AFC come to life, the success FC United are having at their new ground, etc. If you feel you can still relate to the club then please... Answers on a postcard as to how. Sure, a lot of people have great memories watching Latics but this is our current situation and those are memories - even if they are great ones.

I won't clap us into the National League - or non-existence.

14 minutes ago, No Pyro No Party said:

Everyone has had their part to play who's had ownership of the club. Pinpointing the blame at this point doesn't solve anything nor does it make it any clearer when exactly the cogs started grinding to a halt; we've been poorly managed by a collective. The club is depressing. Everything about it just reeks and it feels like a very distant, toxic cousin of what it once was. 

I'm in my mid-twenties: I haven't seen us win any silverware, I've seen us lose 2 play-off semi-finals, I've never seen us promoted, I've never seen us play higher than League One BUT I have seen us relegated and I have seen us nearly drop out of the EFL. The only decent memories are the cup games, Everton away in 2008 being one. That's it. Problem is my generation and below are meant to be the future of the club having witnessed all of that and the current situation. I've mentioned this time and time again on here on here but does the current ownership really think that fans my age will be coming to BP? Not a chance. That's future revenue down the drain and once-potential supporters now joining the waiting list for season tickets at Old Trafford - sounds OTT but this is the reality of football in Oldham; the majority of Oldhamers don't appear care about the club.

Sounds blunt and very pessimistic but the writing is on the wall for our club. The current ownership could have a change of heart and/or sell up and I'd be happily accept being wrong but I highly doubt that will happen without it going to court. Looking at what happened to Bury and now Macclesfield with the utter incompetence of the EFL added into the mix, I'm saying within the next 2-3 years we'll be a has-been. There's no future in the repeating the same thing each season and expecting a different outcome. There's no future in ignoring the next generation.

Nobody can work out the motive as to why the current ownership is holding on to us so I think that sentiment needs to be matched: if they don't care, neither should we - no more money to OAFC. I'm having much more joy seeing Bury AFC come to life, the success FC United are having at their new ground, etc. If you feel you can still relate to the club then please... Answers on a postcard as to how. Sure, a lot of people have great memories watching Latics but this is our current situation and those are memories - even if they are great ones.

Sad to say it but great post 👏

1 hour ago, No Pyro No Party said:

I'm in my mid-twenties: I haven't seen us win any silverware, I've seen us lose 2 play-off semi-finals, I've never seen us promoted, I've never seen us play higher than League One BUT I have seen us relegated and I have seen us nearly drop out of the EFL. The only decent memories are the cup games, Everton away in 2008 being one. That's it. Problem is my generation and below are meant to be the future of the club having witnessed all of that and the current situation. I've mentioned this time and time again on here on here but does the current ownership really think that fans my age will be coming to BP? Not a chance. That's future revenue down the drain and once-potential supporters now joining the waiting list for season tickets at Old Trafford - sounds OTT but this is the reality of football in Oldham; the majority of Oldhamers don't appear to care about the club.

Sounds blunt and very pessimistic but the writing is on the wall for our club. The current ownership could have a change of heart and/or sell up and I'd be happily accept being wrong but I highly doubt that will happen without it going to court. Looking at what happened to Bury and now Macclesfield. With the utter incompetence of the EFL added into the mix, I'm saying within the next 2-3 years we'll be a has-been. There's no future in the repeating the same thing each season and expecting a different outcome. There's no future in ignoring the next generation.

This could end up being post of the day

Archived