How did it come to this?

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply
52 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

I don't know I'm not a legal eagle but I'm pretty sure a good lawyer could easily build a case against Abdullah based on the last 2-3 years on behalf of Corney.

They're not libel lawyers so one might assume it is financial

29 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

Their was a rumour floating around social media that as part of the sale of the club Corney was going to take a cut in player sales for the first 2 years so perhaps hes owed money on George Edmondson and others. But again that's speculation and hearsay.

I remember this now. Also Could be the shares dilution too.  I may have dreamt it but fairly sure Al could have said he was suing Corney mid 2019 so maybe in relation to that too.

Is this historic then?

Sadly this is what our great club has succumbed to time and again, their troubles on the pitch where successive managers/ coaches (far too many) have failed to halt the slide into oblivion is actually just symptom of a club and its owners at war with itself/themselves. 

I am desperately trying to think of something permanently positive that exists within the club to counter all this off the field shenanigans but I can't find anything coming to mind. 

I see loads of heartwarming stuff from the Dale, Stanley, FCUM and Bury AFC about what is happening at their club, all I see about Latics is this sort of stuff and Barry going on about Project Big Picture. 

No wonder fans are so disillusioned 

25 minutes ago, unsworth blue said:

Sadly this is what our great club has succumbed to time and again, their troubles on the pitch where successive managers/ coaches (far too many) have failed to halt the slide into oblivion is actually just symptom of a club and its owners at war with itself/themselves. 

I am desperately trying to think of something permanently positive that exists within the club to counter all this off the field shenanigans but I can't find anything coming to mind. 

I see loads of heartwarming stuff from the Dale, Stanley, FCUM and Bury AFC about what is happening at their club, all I see about Latics is this sort of stuff and Barry going on about Project Big Picture. 

No wonder fans are so disillusioned 

It will be toxic until Barry leaves. He says he’s genuinely a fan of the club, okay great then do right by the club and just leave. 

2 hours ago, GlossopLatic said:

Their was a rumour floating around social media that as part of the sale of the club Corney was going to take a cut in player sales for the first 2 years so perhaps hes owed money on George Edmondson and others. But again that's speculation and hearsay.

Surley it would be illegal for an individual to take a cut in player sales?

18 minutes ago, LaticsPete said:

It’s been standard practice for years and nothing illegal nor unlawful. 

Just another sad indictment of the amount of money flowing out of the game, players, agents, managers and I daresay other acolytes all taking money out of the game. 

3 hours ago, underdog said:

I remember this now. Also Could be the shares dilution too.  I may have dreamt it but fairly sure Al could have said he was suing Corney mid 2019 so maybe in relation to that too.

Is this historic then?

1 hour ago, BP1960 said:

Surley it would be illegal for an individual to take a cut in player sales?

Again don't take this as a given its merely a rumour on social media with no actual evidence to back it up. But it maybe a possibility.

Archived