Macc Gone

3 hours ago, youngen said:

The article about Macc cant even be seen on the BBC website.

2 hours ago, Worcester Owl said:

That (in bold) is shocking.

But it isn't true though. In fact it was trending a little after lunch time.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 hours ago, oafcmetty said:

Isn't youngen in Scandinavia? Pretty sure the beeb serves up different articles if you're not in the UK.

Aye, the BBC sport and football page didnt even so much as glimpse it. I saw Kowenickis post, but assumed that was from a local BBC page or the lower league page.

19 hours ago, al_bro said:

Southend also given a bit more time to pay the tax man just short of £500,000. If they can't pay it now, they aren't going to be able to pay in a months time.

It's £1.75m. for Lineker and £490,000 for Shearer, plus all the other ridiculous salaries. They have plenty of sports presenters who can do Lineker's job for much less. Why they they think he's so great I don't know. He earns more from outside the BBC.

Hasn't Lineker accepted a pay cut from £1.75m? Or is £1.75m his new wedge after the cut? I stand corrected on Shearer. What a waste of money the pair of them are.

4 hours ago, Worcester Owl said:

Hasn't Lineker accepted a pay cut from £1.75m? Or is £1.75m his new wedge after the cut? I stand corrected on Shearer. What a waste of money the pair of them are.

You are correct. He may earn less than Zoe Ball now, who's pay has gone up by £1m FFS.

4 minutes ago, al_bro said:

You are correct. He may earn less than Zoe Ball now, who's pay has gone up by £1m FFS.

It’s obscene isn’t it - Gary Lineker and Alan Shearer get paid those vast amounts for literally sitting and talking about their greatest passion.

Vast amounts for doing what each and every fan does up and down the country in the boozer - a lot of it after slogging away for 40 plus hours a week for a pittance that just about pays the bills and leaves them a bit for the pint

4 minutes ago, Chaddyexile84 said:

Vast amounts for doing what each and every fan does up and down the country in the boozer - a lot of it after slogging away for 40 plus hours a week for a pittance that just about pays the bills and leaves them a bit for the pint

Yeah, but you wouldn't turn the box on to get Tom O'Dea's views on Palace v Leicester, would you?

45 minutes ago, Chaddyexile84 said:

It’s obscene isn’t it - Gary Lineker and Alan Shearer get paid those vast amounts for literally sitting and talking about their greatest passion.

Its the going rate for football pundits ITV Sky (which costs significantly more than the BBC) and BT all pay those kinds of salaries great work if you can get it. None of those channels had anything on Maccs demise either more interested in regurgitating the same old drivel.

I also quite like the BBC mainly for the type of people that they upset. Although granted whoever was responsible for commissioning Mrs Browns Boys onto the public should get in the sea 

13 hours ago, GlossopLatic said:

I also quite like the BBC mainly for the type of people that they upset.

I like the BBC too, I think it does a great job of offering a lot of different entertainment genres on the various platforms. It does seem to piss off a certain group of folk, and I have no idea why - however that's not why I like it.

On Sky, they've just got rid of Charlie Nicholas - thought that was a move long overdue, the others were okay though - Phil Thompson was probably one of the best in my opinion. They've got a great new team on there now, and it's probably reinforced Sky Soccer Saturday's hold on the Saturday afternoon teleprinter crown. Elsewhere I could listen to Micah Richdards and Roy Keane go back and forth all day long, great duo.

Yes I quite like the Banter between Keane and Richards. Elsewhere alot of pundits seem fairly generic as are alot of the discussions and few if any know about the world outside the premier league. I doubt any of them will discuss anything that has gone on at Macclesfield.

Recently I watched a few old episodes of Saint and Greavsie on youtube both seemed to understand the game and have a proper knowledge of what was going on outside the top flight doused with a good layer of banter and not taking the whole thing too seriously. Maybe it was me being nostalgic but it just seemed refreshing.

This week the FSA published two articles on the Sustain the Game! campaign.

As you all know your Trust firmly supports this initiative. 

One Article is on the sad demise on Macclesfield, the second is how you as an individual fan, can help to make a difference

https://trustoldham.co.uk/2020/09/18/this-weeks-fsa-articles-on-sustain-the-game-campaign/

Thanks

On 9/18/2020 at 6:54 AM, Matt said:

Yeah, I read that - but it looked like you were really angry about something so I just left it.

Ha, no mate, I get really angry about what the Chuckle Brothers and Inspector Knacker are doing to our club.

Lineker and Shearer on the other hand just irritate me intensely. As does the BBC's relatively low level of coverage of lower league football. If you take away their annual patronising look at FA Cup "minnows", they don't really seem to give the lower leagues that much air time.

31 minutes ago, Worcester Owl said:

Ha, no mate, I get really angry about what the Chuckle Brothers and Inspector Knacker are doing to our club.

Lineker and Shearer on the other hand just irritate me intensely. As does the BBC's relatively low level of coverage of lower league football. If you take away their annual patronising look at FA Cup "minnows", they don't really seem to give the lower leagues that much air time.

Do you read a Daily? and did you vote for Brexit?

53 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

The type of people that get irrate about The BBC and imparticularly Gary Linekar tend to answer yes to those questions.

I’m not a fan of the BBC - not too bothered about Gary Linekar just his salary which he gets for doing pretty much cock all.

I don’t read the mail and I voted remain 😁

2 hours ago, GlossopLatic said:

The type of people that get irrate about The BBC and imparticularly Gary Linekar tend to answer yes to those questions.

Not sure who Gary Linekar is. As for Gary Lineker, he was a great player but in my humble view is spectacularly mediocre as a football presenter/pundit and is ridiculously overpaid by the BBC, even after his pay cut.

I was struggling to understand the link between a view of Lineker and the BBC's football coverage on the one hand and reading habits and voting preference in a four year old referendum on the other, but your sweeping generalisation above means I don't need to worry. Have a good day!

15 hours ago, Worcester Owl said:

Not sure who Gary Linekar is. As for Gary Lineker, he was a great player but in my humble view is spectacularly mediocre as a football presenter/pundit and is ridiculously overpaid by the BBC, even after his pay cut.

I was struggling to understand the link between a view of Lineker and the BBC's football coverage on the one hand and reading habits and voting preference in a four year old referendum on the other, but your sweeping generalisation above means I don't need to worry. Have a good day!

Well you have managed to turn the demise of Macclesfield Town into finding a way to blame it all on the BBC and Gary Linekerp's salary which is very much the type of thing people like that do. 

The other people who can't stand the BBC are people who think Jeremy Corbyn was somekind of saint. Another reason to like the BBC.

47 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

Well you have managed to turn the demise of Macclesfield Town into finding a way to blame it all on the BBC and Gary Linekerp's salary which is very much the type of thing people like that do. 

The other people who can't stand the BBC are people who think Jeremy Corbyn was somekind of saint. Another reason to like the BBC.

I was reading a decent interview by Gary Lineker in The Times yesterday.  He actually said if the BBC are able offend the far left and far right at the same time, they are doing a good job. 

53 minutes ago, oafc 123 said:

I was reading a decent interview by Gary Lineker in The Times yesterday.  He actually said if the BBC are able offend the far left and far right at the same time, they are doing a good job. 

If the BBC are getting up the noses of the left and right, it doesn't necessarily mean that the BBC is correct.

The BBC has an existential problem in this era for sure, personally I think they should remove their rolling news coverage - to be fair, all rolling news is bad - but the BBC shouldn't play ball.

Archived