Macc Gone

1 hour ago, GlossopLatic said:

Well you have managed to turn the demise of Macclesfield Town into finding a way to blame it all on the BBC and Gary Linekerp's salary which is very much the type of thing people like that do. 

The other people who can't stand the BBC are people who think Jeremy Corbyn was somekind of saint. Another reason to like the BBC.

When you can point to where I blamed the demise of Macclesfield on the BBC and Lineker's salary, feel free to do so. Another ridiculous assertion.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If we get a points deduction by going into admin. I can't see this bunch of lightweight players and management getting us out of the relegation slots. It will be hard enough without more recruits as it is. Unless the person who may be causing problems is no longer here that is.

• 2 weeks later...

The sad thing is Macclesfield Supporters Trust wrote a letter to the owner suggesting 3 things

1) Sell up to someone else please

2) Sign over your majority shares to the Trust, for them to manage and work out a plan with the exiting owner.

3) Give them a price to sell the whole thing to the Trust. So they had a starting point.

I am off work so I am doing some research on what is going on in other EFL clubs and getting a grip of some good practice. the FSA document published in July called "clubs in crisis" is giving me a start.

2 minutes ago, underdog said:

The sad thing is Macclesfield Supporters Trust wrote a letter to the owner suggesting 3 things

1) Sell up to someone else please

2) Sign over your majority shares to the Trust, for them to manage and work out a plan with the exiting owner.

3) Give them a price to sell the whole thing to the Trust. So they had a starting point.

I am off work so I am doing some research on what is going on in other EFL clubs and getting a grip of some good practice. the FSA document published in July called "clubs in crisis" is giving me a start.

I'd keep a copy as I imagine you will to send one to Cirque du Latics soon

1 hour ago, Chaddyexile84 said:

I'm no engineer but doesn't look massively different to our blueprint - 6,000,000 the price for BP isn't it?

I thought it was £11M. Probs £20M now bc Blitz lost money in the pandemic so it would make obvious logical sense to him to add that on here. Then sell another car park and put the price up again.

5 hours ago, Chaddyexile84 said:

I'm no engineer but doesn't look massively different to our blueprint - 6,000,000 the price for BP isn't it?

Macclesfield is a bugger to get to by road. The ground isn't easy to get to from Macclesfield centre. 

But it is Macclesfield, not Oldham. 

IIRC The Landlords paid about £3.5 million for the B.P. land footprint back in 2004. Although I think that was artificially low due to the arrangements with the council. 

Since then a lot of the land has been built on or otherwise sold off to other concerns. The Landlords should reflect that in their asking price but as @Monty Burnshinted I bet they don't.

That being said any auditors etc will may use Macclesfield as a guide price for BP given the costs of demolishing the existing structures. 

6 hours ago, Chaddyexile84 said:

I think as soon as macc were dissolved and kicked out of the league, the stadium then becomes just land. Atm BP can still make money (obvs not now) in ticket sales food and drink and the oec and gym etc. Club shop. If latics were dissolved then I'd say 80% or so of the money the stadium makes disappears, therefor the value would fall to match. My guess anyway

7 hours ago, Ackey said:

Is that a piss take? Why the shit would you sell a football club on Rightmove?

6 hours ago, Dave_Og said:

It's the land, not the club

It does say commercial sports facilities/business for sale, is this how it works? I suppose it doesn't matter either way...

5 hours ago, rudemedic said:

IIRC The Landlords paid about £3.5 million for the B.P. land footprint back in 2004. Although I think that was artificially low due to the arrangements with the council. 

Since then a lot of the land has been built on or otherwise sold off to other concerns. The Landlords should reflect that in their asking price but as @Monty Burnshinted I bet they don't.

That being said any auditors etc will may use Macclesfield as a guide price for BP given the costs of demolishing the existing structures. 

£4.6 million according to the Manchester Evening News.

• 2 weeks later...

Tell you what, I just couldn't help being slightly overwhelmed by envy reading this interview with Robbie Savage about the new takeover by a local businessman at Macclesfield Town. Sure, it's all plans and "in the pipeline" at the moment but with a slate wiped clean and building blocks for a sustainable future put in place with a 4G pitch planned, you can't help think Macc will be in a far better place soon than they ever were in the past decade. It should also serve to weaken the constant "Oh, but if the owner leaves it's the end for us!" piss-poor argument that has divided our fanbase since Blitz and Gazal pulled out. It's never the end, just the beginning of a new future, albeit a few runs down the ladder.

Good luck to Macc. Abdallah and his fucking cronies out!

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/54539884

• 2 weeks later...

See Burnley are rumoured to be the subject of a £200 million buyout.

Then you read who is behind the deal. What a CV to present to the Premier Lge or FA or whoever adjudicates over the PL clubs. From the BBC. My bold highlights.

Burnley are the subject of a £200m takeover bid from Egyptian businessman Mohamed El Kashashy and lawyer Chris Farnell.

It had been thought American sports investment firm ALK Capital were in pole position to buy the Clarets.

However, BBC Sport understands that Farnell and El Kashashy are in talks with major shareholders at the club.

Farnell recently had a ban from owning a club in England overturned by the Football League.

The Cheshire-based lawyer was handed a ban after issues arose during an attempt to buy Charlton earlier this year.

Farnell subsequently appealed against the decision and the ban was withdrawn, although he did serve a a five-week disqualification period which ended on 14 September.

He is now free to pursue his bid with El Kashashy, which it is believed will be about £200m.

Farnell was previously involved in talks over the future of Bury and was briefly a director at Wigan.

On 10/28/2020 at 6:41 PM, SweeperKeeper said:

If you have a pulse, you'll pass the "fit and proper person test". What a joke.

He was only disqualified on a minor technicality to do with filling a form in and his association with Bury was right at the end trying to put together a rescue. 

5 hours ago, Dave_Og said:

He was only disqualified on a minor technicality to do with filling a form in and his association with Bury was right at the end trying to put together a rescue. 

So just a coincidence he turns up at 3 clubs who have had recent ownership/survival issues. He is a solicitor I suppose.

Sharks sense blood in the water?

7 minutes ago, whittles left foot said:

So just a coincidence he turns up at 3 clubs who have had recent ownership/survival issues. He is a solicitor I suppose.

Sharks sense blood in the water?

Would anyone wish he turned up here with £200m?

Archived