Wheater

1 hour ago, Chaddyexile84 said:

League two team of the week in a loss to Port Vale and a draw to Carlisle - let me go for a cold shower 

I have just seen the 90 second highlights on Sky

Can somebody tell me why he is tackling with the wrong foot for their second goal.....then he misses from 5 yards with a free header....then number 4 makes a muppet of him on the touch line and his attempt to get back into the game was like watching somebody running in diving boots 

3 basic errors in 90 seconds of highlights. He is a non league player who has played 35 EFL games for us and Salford...in those 35 games his teams have conceded 62 ( SIXTY TWO)....ffs Stevenage who finished 92 with 22 points only conceded 50 in 36 games last season

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He was steady-away in the games he played for us last season along side Wheater, in a side that finished bottom half of League 2. However our standards get worse every season and we’ve gone into 20/21 with him as our first choice CB.

Wheater wasn’t mind blowing last season but he’d walk into this team, no worries.

4 hours ago, Behind Closed Doors said:

I have just seen the 90 second highlights on Sky

Can somebody tell me why he is tackling with the wrong foot for their second goal.....then he misses from 5 yards with a free header....then number 4 makes a muppet of him on the touch line and his attempt to get back into the game was like watching somebody running in diving boots 

3 basic errors in 90 seconds of highlights. He is a non league player who has played 35 EFL games for us and Salford...in those 35 games his teams have conceded 62 ( SIXTY TWO)....ffs Stevenage who finished 92 with 22 points only conceded 50 in 36 games last season

If he hadn't played on Saturday and we had to rely on Jombati or Hamer in there, we would have lost by 6 or 7.

1 hour ago, Behind Closed Doors said:

So with him we lost and without him we would have lost? Better pick him every week then 

I think he is making the point that he is the best that we have available in that position. Shame is with Wheater reinstated and a decent centre midfielder we could aspire to being decidedly average.

22 minutes ago, Whitts said:

I think he is making the point that he is the best that we have available in that position. Shame is with Wheater reinstated and a decent centre midfielder we could aspire to being decidedly average.

The Wheater and Pidge combination took us to 19th last year...or have I missed something ?

On 9/30/2020 at 8:38 AM, Monty Burns said:

Still wants to play for us according to his agent(s).

I'm not his biggest fan...that is reserved for Clarke who was shabbily treated  but we need his experience badly

21 hours ago, Behind Closed Doors said:

The Wheater and Pidge combination took us to 19th last year...or have I missed something ?

That was mainly due to the fact we couldn't score in a brothel last season.

Archived