Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Replies 305
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

When Jack Byrne was being pushed out there were those who said "well he deserves to go if he deliberately broke a teammates leg". When Craig Davies was being pushed out there were those who said "well

Hilarious. Johnsonesque. Spouting utter drivel but trying to give yourself credibility by bringing in Socrates. I'm picturing David Brent looking up Dosdievsky (I'm now picturing BCD looking up h

You're right. There are few things I miss more than Maouche's biannual assist

13 minutes ago, Chris15Arm said:

I want the clowns gone as most of you do. But before the season started everyone was on here sayin how recruitment has gone well and they're surprised and slightly hopeful and that maybe AL has realise that British is best. Now we've lost a few in such a pitiful way, its the clowns fault.... players like missiliou and nepo would walk in to this team. Surridge, iverson, Smith, lang, all signed whilst clowns where here. But obvs they wernt his signings as they were good. No-one knows who signed who. No-one knows who signed the good ones or the bad ones. My point is, you can't all have it both ways. This season my bet is that we have scrimped on wages to have the best chance of stayin afloat. That's why we are shite. Because they have english names from English clubs, everyone thinks its a better strategy. But they are all non league standard signings. But now everyone realises that, its ALs fault for bringing players in that his mates manage. Whereas really we all, including me, where happy looking at the likes of McAleny and grant coming in. But they've proved to be shite. In my opinion AL has probably listened to the fans and made some effort to get english league experience, but because we are skint even without a world pandemic, we cant afford the good ones. That said, even the crap players we had out today, we should have done a lot better. That's where kewell has to answer it. Rowe was spectacularly crap. Everytime he got it he hoofed it over his shoulder or it bounced off him. He's better than that. Defence was so unorganised its unreal, and to think that's only 1 player short of the back 4 we had last season they should have it nailed down by now. AL is at fault over wheater. Not the reasoning as I've said before anyone damanding money when the country is going hungry can do one, but the very fact nothin has come out of the club about the situation is beyond me. AL has made his bed and rightly deserves the hounding he gets, but this few games are not his fault. The club is skint, theyve gone for a recruitment strategy that weve all been screaming for, but just haven't got enough money for a decent set of players. Then the few we have that are good, rowe, dearnley who was crap at morecambe, pierrgianni, jombati should be good at this level, whelan, McAleny, are playing the worst football theyve probably ever played. (Maybe harsh on pierrgianni that tho) so the manager then has to answer for that. In a nutshell AL has to go, but last couple games is down to players and manager because we should be doing better even with this poor squad

 

Ps. Also harsh on whelan as he's tried his best to drag the rest of the team and imo will be our best player this season

I agree with a lot of what you are saying, but our most experienced defender and club captain (if he still is) should be on the pitch. I can’t believe that it’s Kewell’s choice that he’s not even in the match day squads.

Its indicative of how the hierarchy at the club treat people. It’s not right.

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Gary1906 said:

I agree with a lot of what you are saying, but our most experienced defender and club captain (if he still is) should be on the pitch. I can’t believe that it’s Kewell’s choice that he’s not even in the match day squads.

Its indicative of how the hierarchy at the club treat people. It’s not right.

Gary there were still fans giving Wheater grief when he was playing for us and now he's being turned into our savior,  he looked complety disinterested in games, not all but in some.. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Paid for Carlisle and we looked like a team challenging for play offs, Paid for Leyton Orient absolutely toothless. Glad I missed today. What the eff is happening to our club. When you think every season that we must surely get a turn in fortunes and we go lower and lower, The current squad doesn't look too bad on paper but just are not turning up on the pitch. Are they not getting paid again? Worst we have ever been. WTF!

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Frankies6 said:

Gary there were still fans giving Wheater grief when he was playing for us and now he's being turned into our savior,  he looked complety disinterested in games, not all but in some.. 

Don’t get me wrong, I’m not holding him up as the answer to everything. He’s definitely not!
I was underwhelmed when he first came to the club. I do think that he could improve the defence though.

The owner(s) seem to be happy to potentially shoot themselves in the foot though in order to prove a point to anyone who doesn’t do things their way. 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, Gary1906 said:

I agree with a lot of what you are saying, but our most experienced defender and club captain (if he still is) should be on the pitch. I can’t believe that it’s Kewell’s choice that he’s not even in the match day squads.

Its indicative of how the hierarchy at the club treat people. It’s not right.

He should be on the pitch ability wise. But he's off the pitch because of his own doin not the owners. I'm lucky enough to work in a hospital so I've kept my job. But a lot of people didn't. Or had to take pay cuts etc. So him rejecting furlough is disgusting imo and until he sees his wrongs for what they were I agree that he shouldn't play. Can you imagine what your employers would do if you refused furlough? You'd be let go in a heartbeat 

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Chris15Arm said:

He should be on the pitch ability wise. But he's off the pitch because of his own doin not the owners. I'm lucky enough to work in a hospital so I've kept my job. But a lot of people didn't. Or had to take pay cuts etc. So him rejecting furlough is disgusting imo and until he sees his wrongs for what they were I agree that he shouldn't play. Can you imagine what your employers would do if you refused furlough? You'd be let go in a heartbeat 


And you’d have a case for wrongful dismissal as furlough had to be agreed  upon.

 

Anyway he didn’t refuse it - the club told him they would top up and then didnt. If they said they would and then went back on that they are in the wrong whether you like it or not 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Behind Closed Doors said:

Anybody know why we played in our “ special cup kit”?

I’m sure they said in the Morecambe commentary we will play in it for away games when the red and white kit clashes and not use the blue kit.

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Chris15Arm said:

He should be on the pitch ability wise. But he's off the pitch because of his own doin not the owners. I'm lucky enough to work in a hospital so I've kept my job. But a lot of people didn't. Or had to take pay cuts etc. So him rejecting furlough is disgusting imo and until he sees his wrongs for what they were I agree that he shouldn't play. Can you imagine what your employers would do if you refused furlough? You'd be let go in a heartbeat 

The problem is furlough only pays a maximum of £2000 a month, which I'm guessing is a lot less than his basic salary.  

 

If I had a contract saying I was on x amount a week. I'd expect to be paid that.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Rick6742 said:

I’m sure they said in the Morecambe commentary we will play in it for away games when the red and white kit clashes and not use the blue kit.

Ok but they originally said it was cup ties only......as I have asked somewhere else how many teams can we play in red against....I reckon it’s 2 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, disjointed said:

Most people protested with their feet pre lock down, I would have thought that we would have seen some sort of protests by now if it hadn't been for covid. 

Agreed not donating over £500 of my family budget to the tixic brothers is a pretty good protest on my part. Hope more follow suit and at least stop contributing through i follow.

Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Behind Closed Doors said:

Ok but they originally said it was cup ties only......as I have asked somewhere else how many teams can we play in red against....I reckon it’s 2 

 

Surely we play in red for every away game where it doesn't clash...? 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Chris15Arm said:

I want the clowns gone as most of you do. But before the season started everyone was on here sayin how recruitment has gone well and they're surprised and slightly hopeful and that maybe AL has realise that British is best. Now we've lost a few in such a pitiful way, its the clowns fault.... players like missiliou and nepo would walk in to this team. Surridge, iverson, Smith, lang, all signed whilst clowns where here. But obvs they wernt his signings as they were good. No-one knows who signed who. No-one knows who signed the good ones or the bad ones. My point is, you can't all have it both ways. This season my bet is that we have scrimped on wages to have the best chance of stayin afloat. That's why we are shite. Because they have english names from English clubs, everyone thinks its a better strategy. But they are all non league standard signings. But now everyone realises that, its ALs fault for bringing players in that his mates manage. Whereas really we all, including me, where happy looking at the likes of McAleny and grant coming in. But they've proved to be shite. In my opinion AL has probably listened to the fans and made some effort to get english league experience, but because we are skint even without a world pandemic, we cant afford the good ones. That said, even the crap players we had out today, we should have done a lot better. That's where kewell has to answer it. Rowe was spectacularly crap. Everytime he got it he hoofed it over his shoulder or it bounced off him. He's better than that. Defence was so unorganised its unreal, and to think that's only 1 player short of the back 4 we had last season they should have it nailed down by now. AL is at fault over wheater. Not the reasoning as I've said before anyone damanding money when the country is going hungry can do one, but the very fact nothin has come out of the club about the situation is beyond me. AL has made his bed and rightly deserves the hounding he gets, but this few games are not his fault. The club is skint, theyve gone for a recruitment strategy that weve all been screaming for, but just haven't got enough money for a decent set of players. Then the few we have that are good, rowe, dearnley who was crap at morecambe, pierrgianni, jombati should be good at this level, whelan, McAleny, are playing the worst football theyve probably ever played. (Maybe harsh on pierrgianni that tho) so the manager then has to answer for that. In a nutshell AL has to go, but last couple games is down to players and manager because we should be doing better even with this poor squad

 

Ps. Also harsh on whelan as he's tried his best to drag the rest of the team and imo will be our best player this season

 

Whelan covered every played of grass trying to do the work of others who were shirking responsibility, only 21yo with no previous  league experience he's been the one shining light in these last 3 games. 

He desperately needs a McCann alongside him asap.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Behind Closed Doors said:

Yes and I reckon that is 2 

 

Well off the top of my head... 

 

Southend

Cambridge

Forest Green

Harrogate

Barrow

Newport

Carlisle

Colchester

Mansfield

Bradford

Scunthorpe

Port Vale

 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, OneSizeFitz said:

 

Well off the top of my head... 

 

Southend

Cambridge

Forest Green

Harrogate

Barrow

Newport

Carlisle

Colchester

Mansfield

Bradford

Scunthorpe

Port Vale

 

 

 

I think you will find that we can’t play in red and white with black shorts  against maroon , blue and white stripes , green and white strips  white, black and white or teams with black shorts 

 

happy to be corrected but up I think that rules out the majority of those ?

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Behind Closed Doors said:

I think you will find that we can’t play in red and white with black shorts  against maroon , blue and white stripes , green and white strips  white, black and white or teams with black shorts 

 

happy to be corrected but up I think that rules out the majority of those ?

Nowt better to do?

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Behind Closed Doors said:

I think you will find that we can’t play in red and white with black shorts  against maroon , blue and white stripes , green and white strips  white, black and white or teams with black shorts 

 

happy to be corrected but up I think that rules out the majority of those ?

 

Well, you'll find out for sure soon enough. 

 

Something to look forward to eh. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...