Stevenage (A)

2 minutes ago, Chris15Arm said:

I'll call people out when they think footballers are entitled to more than the rest of us. People who have lost their lives to this virus, people have lost their homes and jobs, people can't afford their bills because of furlough, yet people on here say its OK to demand full pay when he's earnt millions in his career? That's off. I apologise for causing offence to anyone but wheater shud b missing bills like the rest of the hard workin folk that have been furloughed or worse lost a member of their family. But its OK for a footballer to demand a top up because he can't pay his Mercedes payments

how many have lost their lives from cancer especially when referrals and appointments have been cancelled?

0.06 have this virus and guess what? We are carbon based life forms - we have to die eventually and of something 

• Replies 305
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Chris15Arm said:

and would that articulate bloke be happy with someone cryin about losing a couple months wages when his world has fallen apart? Has he got hundreds of people backing him up and going to his boss saying sort his job out? No he hasn't. So like I said people who genuinely can't help signing on wouldnt be happy seeing footballers whinging about money

You are full of shit 

3 minutes ago, Chaddyexile84 said:

You are full of shit 

Really? OK so hypothetically (and I wouldn't wish harm to anyone) if God forbid you lost someone close, then lost your job and had to sign on, struggled to pay bills and mortgage, struggled to eat on the pittence you get from the dole, you would then come out and support a footballer who's earnt millions over 10-15 years, who is now saying he can't cope with 2 grand a month? When your living on 90 quid a fortnight or whatever it is now? 

3 minutes ago, Chris15Arm said:

Really? OK so hypothetically (and I wouldn't wish harm to anyone) if God forbid you lost someone close, then lost your job and had to sign on, struggled to pay bills and mortgage, struggled to eat on the pittence you get from the dole, you would then come out and support a footballer who's earnt millions over 10-15 years, who is now saying he can't cope with 2 grand a month? When your living on 90 quid a fortnight or whatever it is now? 

that has been the situation for as long as time - when I was in that position I was interested in my position only - Gareth Bale or similar didn’t come into it and anyway if you done like your wage resign and experience what you turn your nose up at 

23 minutes ago, Chris15Arm said:

You seem very angry at people who have done well for themselves, and very angry at ‘dole dossers’. If only we all had your moral compass. . . 👀

1 hour ago, Chris15Arm said:

Why are u soooo angry ?

2 hours ago, latics22 said:

Let's keep it simple, he earns say 5 k a week, that's 20k a month. He will have outgoing Bill's of say 8k a month. How does he pay these Bill's? He said himself he accepted furlough. The rest is speculation, the rumour is he was offered the top up then it was pulled. He isnt to blame for wanting to provide for himself and his family.

What bills is he likely to have? Loans?  Well banks were instructed to give payment holidays during furlough.  There was nothing to spend money on, so I’m sure he could have survived on the maximum furlough amount.

3 minutes ago, Pidge said:

What bills is he likely to have? Loans?  Well banks were instructed to give payment holidays during furlough.  There was nothing to spend money on, so I’m sure he could have survived on the maximum furlough amount.

😂

I heard he’s up to his eyeballs in debt due to a secret drug habit and he lives  in a tent just off the A627. 

1 hour ago, League one forever said:

😂

I heard he’s up to his eyeballs in debt due to a secret drug habit and he lives  in a tent just off the A627. 

tent tent ! wi used to dream o living in a tent we lived in shoe box int middle ot Road 

10 hours ago, Bobledgersheart said:

I don't pretend to know the ins and outs of this case but it's a bit annoying when footballers and others who are best placed to financially manage through this particular crisis think they're some sort of "special  case" and  should be treated accordingly.

I wouldn't go into work if they didn't pay me. And if I was contracted in a way where I couldn't get another job, I would be suing the company for breach of contract. Why should Wheater be any different? 

When Jack Byrne was being pushed out there were those who said "well he deserves to go if he deliberately broke a teammates leg". When Craig Davies was being pushed out there were those who said "well he was trying to get himself a move away, well done Abdallah".

Lets face it, as others have said, we do not know the facts.  We have no idea what was said or promised to Wheater or even what he's asking for, so no one can judge him one way or the other.

But what we do know is there is a pattern of behaviour with AL and the club's high earners.  Usually to the detriment of the team.

1 hour ago, BP1960 said:

Nail the head on!!! 

4 relatively easy wins in there that could be applied with the right leadership - we have not got the right leadership sadly!! 

Desperate to see the seeming decline in player morale as well as fan morale at OAFC 

Archived