Stevenage (A)

• Replies 305
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, Behind Closed Doors said:

Already successful at premier league level 5 years ago with 2 clubs . No comparison 

I know, it's a ridiculous comparison. But it's also ridiculous to rank Rowe as our seventh most prolific goalscorer. 

1 hour ago, Behind Closed Doors said:

Hamer has scored 6 league goals, Jamboti has scored 10   Macaleny 26 Dearnley 5  Grant 80  Wheater 30 that makes Rowe’s  3 league goals the 7 th best at the club.....even CBJ has got 2.   
His national league record is relevant to the national league ( Pidge has got 20 odd in that league) ....we play in the EFL

Troll. 

19 minutes ago, Dave_Og said:

You're about as comparable to Socrates as Bale is to Rowe. 

Endorsing Socratic questioning is hardly claiming to be Socrates any more than than a doctor taking the Hippocratic  oath is claiming  to be Hippocrates......it is merely an endorsement of the processes and values of them both

5 hours ago, Behind Closed Doors said:

Jamboti Dearnley CBJ Grant Garrity DkD Whelan Baden Barnet MacAleney Blackwood

by my reckoning those 11 summer signIngs played just  22 games of league football between them last season.....must be some sort of record and is far from ideal?

Well McAleny played 17 and CBJ 9 for a start, so think you need to check your sums... 

8 hours ago, Behind Closed Doors said:

Endorsing Socratic questioning is hardly claiming to be Socrates any more than than a doctor taking the Hippocratic  oath is claiming  to be Hippocrates......it is merely an endorsement of the processes and values of them both

Hilarious. Johnsonesque. Spouting utter drivel but trying to give yourself credibility by bringing in Socrates. I'm picturing David Brent looking up Dosdievsky

(I'm now picturing BCD looking up how to spell Dostoevsky and itching to tell me I've got it wrong.) 

As I believe Fyodor himself once said: "Barry Shitpeas, what a cunt". 

Having done a Classics degree far too many years ago it's good to see issues such as Socratic dialogue getting an airing on owtb. Further proof if any were needed of the encyclopaedic reach of these threads.

Disappointed not to see a mention of the great man's performances in the 1982 World Cup though.

As for Rowe, if he's fully match ft, why wouldn't you start him? Jamie Vardy and Charlie Austin are just a couple of examples of strikers who came from non-league and have scored loads of goals at every level of the game. I'm not suggesting Rowe is in their class, but we'll never know how good he is if we don't pick him! I really don't understand what BCD is getting at.

18 hours ago, LaticMark said:

I was going to watch the match, but after the last two results I'm not sure if I can be bothered!

https://www.oldhamathletic.co.uk/news/2020/september/18092020-stevenage-match-pass/

I’ve decided to watch the paint dry in my lounge then just before full time poke myself in the eye, which is exactly the same as the usual pain of watching ALMO’s Latics

20 hours ago, LaticMark said:

I was going to watch the match, but after the last two results I'm not sure if I can be bothered!

https://www.oldhamathletic.co.uk/news/2020/september/18092020-stevenage-match-pass/

Ive done what I’ve done for the last 20 years - spent all week saying

“not wasting anymore money on that crap”

then this morning bought my pass whilst muttering 

“last one if it’s the same today”

Archived