Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Replies 305
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

When Jack Byrne was being pushed out there were those who said "well he deserves to go if he deliberately broke a teammates leg". When Craig Davies was being pushed out there were those who said "well

Hilarious. Johnsonesque. Spouting utter drivel but trying to give yourself credibility by bringing in Socrates. I'm picturing David Brent looking up Dosdievsky (I'm now picturing BCD looking up h

You're right. There are few things I miss more than Maouche's biannual assist

The most abject pointless performance we've seen for a while, and there have been some whoppers. 

D.K. Dunn looks like he's won a raffle. He's so weak and clueless. Lawlor must be wondering what the hell he's done to deserve this defence. Pidge is too irratic, CBJ shocking, Hamer caught out of position so many times, Jombati, not a CB. Whealan looks promising. The rest... I just don't know what position they are supposed to be playing. 

Kewell looks exactly like our last 6 managers, confused, frustrated, lost. 

The whole system is swimming in toxicity. We all know the common link. Yet he sits in Dubai conning his way through the situation. 

I'm through apathy now. I'm now fucking furious. 

This is not our club. This is not right. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Small players can be exceptional (Rooney, Messi, Milligan) but you don’t put a team together of small players and expect a goal threat in league 2)

is Mo’s rule ‘no one taller than me’ is allowed?

Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

Wow 

 

You run out of words to describe how shit things truely are. Absolutely outclassed by the worst professional team in England last season.

 

Their will still be people who will think that a change in tactics Manager or formation will solve this it won't we are way beyond that.

Beginning to think that the only thing that will keep us up is some combination of Wigan Athletic's administrator, Southend United and coronavirus.

 

And that might not be enough.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, L1onheartNew said:

 

To Stevenage's credit, they have reviewed, analysed and recruited well.

They have identified where they went wrong last season and at the very least have made a concerted effort to correct it.

 

Just sayin.

 

 

Yeah amazing isnt it, looking at your team assessing its strengths and weaknesses and doing some proper research into players and recruiting on whats right for your club.

 

Why not ring up your mate who is a football agent and asking if hes got any players and just signing them regardless more teams should just do that really.

Edited by GlossopLatic
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Stainrod said:

Small players can be exceptional (Rooney, Messi, Milligan) but you don’t put a team together of small players and expect a goal threat in league 2)

is Mo’s rule ‘no one taller than me’ is allowed?

 

I think that's an oversimplification.  Nobody wants to see Sefil or Vera back (the tallest outfield players when they were here), and Missilou would be doing better than Garrity or Grant despite being at least two inches shorter than either.

 

There's something to be said for stronger players, players with aerial ability definitely, but it doesn't always come with height.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Stainrod said:

Small players can be exceptional (Rooney, Messi, Milligan) but you don’t put a team together of small players and expect a goal threat in league 2)

is Mo’s rule ‘no one taller than me’ is allowed?

Their size and ability  is not their only  problem, it's their atitude since the 1st league game. 

After watching the videoed friendly and  the cup game vs Carlisle I thought we had a reasonable team for the 4th Div, but now something has pissed them off, they can't all have become shite -  Could be they hate HK, late payment of wages, AlMo interfering - maybe all those and more.  Whatever is is the coaching staff should know and sort it out.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, SweeperKeeper said:

Beginning to think that the only thing that will keep us up is some combination of Wigan Athletic's administrator, Southend United and coronavirus.

 

And that might not be enough.

Ironic that the Football League incompetence might save us.

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Stainrod said:

Small players can be exceptional (Rooney, Messi, Milligan) but you don’t put a team together of small players and expect a goal threat in league 2)

is Mo’s rule ‘no one taller than me’ is allowed?

 

Weak and half hearted is not a good combination.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, laticsrblue said:

Their size and ability  is not their only  problem, it's their atitude since the 1st league game. 

After watching the videoed friendly and  the cup game vs Carlisle I thought we had a reasonable team for the 4th Div, but now something has pissed them off, they can't all have become shite -  Could be they hate HK, late payment of wages, AlMo interfering - maybe all those and more.  Whatever is is the coaching staff should know and sort it out.

Genuiniely, I think there might be the root of the problem in there.  I do wonder if the owner interfering with Wheater is undermining Kewell's authority. Although, the pre season, and Carlisle was pre season, should never be used as a barometer of course.

Edited by singe
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, SweeperKeeper said:

 

I think that's an oversimplification.  Nobody wants to see Sefil or Vera back (the tallest outfield players when they were here), and Missilou would be doing better than Garrity or Grant despite being at least two inches shorter than either.

 

There's something to be said for stronger players, players with aerial ability definitely, but it doesn't always come with height.

 

You can be small and strong like Milligan, these aren't.

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, GlossopLatic said:

 

Yeah amazing isnt it, looking at your team assessing its strengths and weaknesses and doing some proper research into players and recruiting on whats right for your club.

 

Why not ring up your mate who is a football agent and asking if hes got any players and just signing them regardless more teams should just do that really.

Novel...

Edited by L1onheartNew
Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, Flemboy said:

Dreadful  .Total shambles.No effort no passion no teamwork no tactics no firepower no nothing. 

And this against another poor side.We will get slaughtered against better teams.

Waste  of £10.

Reminiscent of the old days ar County Bob, sad times.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm not throwing another tenner away. I said that after Morcambe, but this time that's it. Somethin has gone on behind the scenes for such a change from the Carlisle game. There's nothing else to explain such a drop in performance. They completely folded when they went behind, and it was only a matter of time before that happened.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, yarddog73 said:

Blameless for me, he is but a puppet.

 

Anyone who still thinks any different is a clown.


He gets the blame for me for putting himself in that position.

 

his self respect and dignity must be non existent as he will hardly be doing it for the money 

Link to post
Share on other sites

3-0 flattered us.

 

Lawlor comes out with some credit.

 

Rowe wasn't dreadful.

 

Whelan at least looks to be trying, but gave the ball away and got caught in possession far too often, as did Garrity.

 

That midfield terrifies me. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...