Stevenage (A)

1 hour ago, mcfluff1985 said:

Lawlor MOTM

Rest of them were terrible. How you can't coach a team to have midfield link up with defence to pick ball up instead of resorting to hoofing it I've no idea. Embarrassing 

But doesn't like catching the ball, to many occasions were he punches,palms the ball out, and im interested to know how many goals we have conceded from set pieces? 

• Replies 305
  • Created
  • Last Reply
18 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

Blameless for me, he is but a puppet.

Anyone who still thinks any different is a clown.

The managers under this regime have all been puppets, except a couple, the owners should be glad fans are not allowed in the stadium. 

1 minute ago, disjointed said:

The managers under this regime have all been puppets, except a couple, the owners should be glad fans are not allowed in the stadium. 

To be honest there hasn’t been a protest of note in the ground. I could think of a few other clubs if this was going on their fans would be tearing the place down on a match day.  

1 minute ago, Fervid said:

To be honest there hasn’t been a protest of note in the ground. I could think of a few other clubs if this was going on their fans would be tearing the place down on a match day.  

Come on mate, the trust need to be nice and sit on the board. Have you not seen the difference it’s making ? No need to protest, all is good and well with our 3% ! 

39 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

Blameless for me, he is but a puppet.

Anyone who still thinks any different is a clown.

A puppet who can't motivate a team, or get them playing anything close to attractive or potentially game winning football in games that count. You have to get some cohesion. He's at fault for the way he sets the team up

24 minutes ago, Fervid said:

Most people protested with their feet pre lock down, I would have thought that we would have seen some sort of protests by now if it hadn't been for covid. 

18 minutes ago, Clubfootkilkenny said:

Not sure, what a scout though. 

Hate to say it, but I’ve put it on here previously that as soon as MM departs, we’ll be moaning about lack of creativity. We’ve  got a British core though haven’t we, we’ll be fine.

Be carful what you wish for folks

You're right. There are few things I miss more than Maouche's biannual assist

3 minutes ago, bigfatjoe1 said:

When you look at today’s midfield, could they have been any less effective? For those of us old enough to remember names like Liddell, Warne, Eyres, Duxbury, Sheridan, Redfearn, Milligan and Henry it’s so depressing to watch this lot hardly able to put a decent tackle in, never mind actually create anything! 
Simply not good enough!! 👎

28 minutes ago, Clubfootkilkenny said:

Not sure, what a scout though. 

Hate to say it, but I’ve put it on here previously that as soon as MM departs, we’ll be moaning about lack of creativity. We’ve  got a British core though haven’t we, we’ll be fine.

Be carful what you wish for folks

None of the above. I've no aspirations to 17th in L2.

Some of us were not creaming about the new crop either.

What I wish for is a new owner, removal of the entire abject Board  to start with. If the new people have vrey little money then Invest in youth, experienced manager or a known leader such as Peter Clarke with a mix of experience and youth with proper set up loking into the charachter of the players rather than who is avaialble. Put some temp buildings at chapel Rd to make something of it, with a view to further expaning it as we can afford. Relationship building with local companies, sarting smaller if needs be. Community based, building ont he work of the OACT.

I want the clowns gone as most of you do. But before the season started everyone was on here sayin how recruitment has gone well and they're surprised and slightly hopeful and that maybe AL has realise that British is best. Now we've lost a few in such a pitiful way, its the clowns fault.... players like missiliou and nepo would walk in to this team. Surridge, iverson, Smith, lang, all signed whilst clowns where here. But obvs they wernt his signings as they were good. No-one knows who signed who. No-one knows who signed the good ones or the bad ones. My point is, you can't all have it both ways. This season my bet is that we have scrimped on wages to have the best chance of stayin afloat. That's why we are shite. Because they have english names from English clubs, everyone thinks its a better strategy. But they are all non league standard signings. But now everyone realises that, its ALs fault for bringing players in that his mates manage. Whereas really we all, including me, where happy looking at the likes of McAleny and grant coming in. But they've proved to be shite. In my opinion AL has probably listened to the fans and made some effort to get english league experience, but because we are skint even without a world pandemic, we cant afford the good ones. That said, even the crap players we had out today, we should have done a lot better. That's where kewell has to answer it. Rowe was spectacularly crap. Everytime he got it he hoofed it over his shoulder or it bounced off him. He's better than that. Defence was so unorganised its unreal, and to think that's only 1 player short of the back 4 we had last season they should have it nailed down by now. AL is at fault over wheater. Not the reasoning as I've said before anyone damanding money when the country is going hungry can do one, but the very fact nothin has come out of the club about the situation is beyond me. AL has made his bed and rightly deserves the hounding he gets, but this few games are not his fault. The club is skint, theyve gone for a recruitment strategy that weve all been screaming for, but just haven't got enough money for a decent set of players. Then the few we have that are good, rowe, dearnley who was crap at morecambe, pierrgianni, jombati should be good at this level, whelan, McAleny, are playing the worst football theyve probably ever played. (Maybe harsh on pierrgianni that tho) so the manager then has to answer for that. In a nutshell AL has to go, but last couple games is down to players and manager because we should be doing better even with this poor squad

Ps. Also harsh on whelan as he's tried his best to drag the rest of the team and imo will be our best player this season

Archived