Short term future of OAFC

Latics immediate short term future   

68 members have voted

1. 1. In the event of the owners leaving OAFC in the immediate future, would you pledge financial support to secure its short term future?

• No
    • Yes - I would be prepared to pledge £1-100 to help secure the club's short term future
    • Yes - I would be prepared to pledge £100-£500 to help secure the club's short term future
    • Yes - I would be prepared to pledge £500-£1000 to help secure the club's short term future
    • Yes - I would be prepared to pledge £1001-£5000 to help secure the club's short term future
    • Yes - I would purchase a season ticket for 2020/21 that i would otherwise have not if the owners remained in situ
    • Yes - I would purchase season tickets for 2021/22 and beyond if that would help stabilise the club's short term future

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 09/22/2020 at 05:47 PM

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, unsworth blue said:

Apparently a meeting today with PL/ EFL clubs at which a "bailout" will be discussed  

I read the EFL were hoping to get a £200m bailout from the PL, but weren't optimistic. They were going to consider other options.

1 hour ago, disjointed said:

Football is fucked at our level after the latest government announcement, they might as well wrap up now before it becomes a farce. Clubs will be dropping out all over the place, the league will be rendered useless. 

There will be a hand out from the EPL, whether it will be enough remains to be seen.

Thanks to everyone who participated in the poll, whilst in itself, it doesn't mean that much, it is heartening that 94% of respondents would consider pledging funding or buying season tickets for 2020/21 or beyond that they would not otherwise have done if the owners stayed. 

Taking the mean average within each range of funding quoted, I estimate that £35,000 could be raised from the respondents (68), whilst accepting that actually making payment rather than pledging is different, it is heartening that maybe we, as a fanbase, still care enough about the club that we would raise a significant amount in the event of us needing short term funding

Thanks very much for participating        

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, LaticMark said:

"Football's cash crisis outside the Premier League is grave and could result in "historic" clubs shutting down within the month unless the government steps in to help, Sunderland's co-owner Charlie Methven has warned."

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/efl-clubs-could-stop-playing-22758792

I'm sure Boris and his Eton/Oxford Uni chums will be very concerned 

If we're going to bring politics into it, it might be as well to acknowledge that the government has agreed a grant of £10m to the National League to allow their season to go ahead.

Perhaps we should await developments between the PL and EFL. As with the signing of Bahamboula, a rush to judgement is not always necessarily wise.

Archived