League Tables 19.09.2020

Bristolatic

The disastrous performance and result at Stevenage has produced the following update to the tables. If you appear highlighted in red on the prediction sheets, it means that you have posted more than once and your last prediction has been used. As you will see, there have been some predictions which could not be right, but points are scored for the bits you do get right. 

Premier League

@Ex_pat was top scorer with 4 points and retains 1st place, but @SAV, @singe and @oafcmetty all climbed 3 places to hang on his coat tails. The big climber was @JohnnyPimp (up 6), whilst the biggest drop was @aidan_latics (down 7). @milnrow latics failed to post a prediction.

ImAqwVg.jpg

Championship

@Dave_Og forgot all about it as @Handsy and @Latics_Fanatic did the best with 5 points, climbing 8 and 9 places respectively into 1st and 2nd place. @Harry Bosch also went up 9 places, but @Brisbaneblue fell by 11 places. There some misplaced predictions by @Handsy (predicted a 0-2 loss with Dearnley scoring), Lawman (a 2-0 win but no scorer) and @Harry Bosch (a 0-2 defeat with Keillor-Dunn scoring)

1I4kaxA.jpg

League 1

Five oints was also the best in League 1, by @alien who takes over the top spot from @CoreyECFC as @the_mighty_bosh moves up 9 places to 3rd and @Sparkleking up 6 places to 4th. There were no predictions from @dannyboy55555, @Londonboy and @tGWB. There was one incorrect prediction, from @jbroyton who predicted a 1-0 win, but losing 0-1 at half time.

ryM4l7J.jpg

League 2

Once again, 5 points was the top score, by @mackin89 (who stays top) and newcomer @Mdireland88 who rockets up 11 places into 2nd. Two other new players, @RobinsDuckEgg and @Chaddyexile84 also did well, both moving up 4 places into 3rd and 4th respectively. The bottom four have yet to get off the mark. @RobinsDuckEgg predicted the defeat, but went for 0-2 with Rowe scoring!

DFRvzyY.jpg

11 minutes ago, Bristolatic said:

The disastrous performance and result at Stevenage has produced the following update to the tables. If you appear highlighted in red on the prediction sheets, it means that you have posted more than once and your last prediction has been used. As you will see, there have been some predictions which could not be right, but points are scored for the bits you do get right. 

Premier League

@Ex_pat was top scorer with 4 points and retains 1st place, but @SAV, @singe and @oafcmetty all climbed 3 places to hang on his coat tails. The big climber was @JohnnyPimp (up 6), whilst the biggest drop was @aidan_latics (down 7). @milnrow latics failed to post a prediction.

ImAqwVg.jpg

Championship

@Dave_Og forgot all about it as @Handsy and @Latics_Fanatic did the best with 5 points, climbing 8 and 9 places respectively into 1st and 2nd place. @Harry Bosch also went up 9 places, but @Brisbaneblue fell by 11 places. There some misplaced predictions by @Handsy (predicted a 0-2 loss with Dearnley scoring), Lawman (a 2-0 win but no scorer) and @Harry Bosch (a 0-2 defeat with Keillor-Dunn scoring)

1I4kaxA.jpg

League 1

Five oints was also the best in League 1, by @alien who takes over the top spot from @CoreyECFC as @the_mighty_bosh moves up 9 places to 3rd and @Sparkleking up 6 places to 4th. There were no predictions from @dannyboy55555, @Londonboy and @tGWB. There was one incorrect prediction, from @jbroyton who predicted a 1-0 win, but losing 0-1 at half time.

ryM4l7J.jpg

League 2

Once again, 5 points was the top score, by @mackin89 (who stays top) and newcomer @Mdireland88 who rockets up 11 places into 2nd. Two other new players, @RobinsDuckEgg and @Chaddyexile84 also did well, both moving up 4 places into 3rd and 4th respectively. The bottom four have yet to get off the mark. @RobinsDuckEgg predicted the defeat, but went for 0-2 with Rowe scoring!

DFRvzyY.jpg

I submitted and got an acknowledgement. Not overfussed but would have had points for correct at half time. Definitely did it though 

9 minutes ago, Dave_Og said:

I submitted and got an acknowledgement. Not overfussed but would have had points for correct at half time. Definitely did it though 

Took a bit of finding, but I've got there. You predicted for Match 1 again at 08:14 on 18/09/2020 instead of Match 2. You have to use the drop down menu for the match number corresponding to the fixture.

Edit: Snap. @oafcmetty beat me to it.

Just now, Bristolatic said:

Took a bit of finding, but I've got there. You predicted for Match 1 again at 08:14 on 18/09/2020 instead of Match 2. You have to use the drop down menu for the match number corresponding to the fixture.

Double post

9 minutes ago, laticsrblue said:

@Bristolatic

Hmm , I see my prediction didn't register again - I let it go last week but it's happened again !

I've just predicted Sat game vs Crawley

Latics to win 7-6 (4-2) Badan

I got the "Entry Submitted" pop-up.  Can you see it at your end?

Since you’re in my league I suggest it’s your fault and no retrospective action should be taken 

1 hour ago, laticsrblue said:

@Bristolatic

Hmm , I see my prediction didn't register again - I let it go last week but it's happened again !

Sorry, mate. It's not there. Daft questions now - are you sure you're completing all the fields? Is your user name correct?

I'll get DCI @oafcmetty involved in the investigation as well.

1 hour ago, laticsrblue said:

@Bristolatic

Nope nothing there. Strange. Can you try with a different browser and post in here straight after you've predicted, so I can compare timestamps?

@Bristolatic

Pretty sure I've been filling everything in correctly.

@oafcmetty

I've noticed that my "no-script" add-on might have had hidden restrictions, even though I'd set the prediction site as trusted. I've now set the site as totally unrestricted (a newish feature on no-script that I've just found)

Has that fixed it?

New prediction is Latics 8 Crawley 6 (3-1) Barnett

Same browser atm, if this fails I'll try another.

8 hours ago, laticsrblue said:

@Bristolatic

Pretty sure I've been filling everything in correctly.

@oafcmetty

I've noticed that my "no-script" add-on might have had hidden restrictions, even though I'd set the prediction site as trusted. I've now set the site as totally unrestricted (a newish feature on no-script that I've just found)

Has that fixed it?

New prediction is Latics 8 Crawley 6 (3-1) Barnett

Same browser atm, if this fails I'll try another.

Nope, not got that one either, Good tip about NoScript though - I'll add a warning to the page

17 hours ago, Bristolatic said:

As you will see, there have been some predictions which could not be right, but points are scored for the bits you do get right. 

@Harry Bosch also went up 9 places, but @Brisbaneblue fell by 11 places. There some misplaced predictions by @Handsy (predicted a 0-2 loss with Dearnley scoring), Lawman (a 2-0 win but no scorer) and @Harry Bosch (a 0-2 defeat with Keillor-Dunn scoring)

The rule's always been no hedge betting - complete predictions have to be a possible outcome of the game.  In the past, these would have been voided - are we changing the laws of the game?

24 minutes ago, Stevie_J said:

The rule's always been no hedge betting - complete predictions have to be a possible outcome of the game.  In the past, these would have been voided - are we changing the laws of the game?

A bit of leniency for the new system as we had one or two problems that needed sorting after everyone had posted. Pretty certain none of them were a deliberate attempt to screw the system, but I just wanted to get it done. I'm going to post a reminder about contacting by PM and I'll include the complete prediction rule.

Many thanks @Bristolatic and @oafcmetty.  Using Chrome fixed my problem.

I''d like to complain that I'd missed out on max points but the reality is I would have had 0 points for Orient and 1 point for the Stevenage game,  Mind you if I miss out on promotion by 1 pt I'll be writing to the Prediction League Ombudsman

6 minutes ago, laticsrblue said:

Many thanks @Bristolatic and @oafcmetty.  Using Chrome fixed my problem.

I''d like to complain that I'd missed out on max points but the reality is I would have had 0 points for Orient and 1 point for the Stevenage game,  Mind you if I miss out on promotion by 1 pt I'll be writing to the Prediction League Ombudsman

No point, mate, he's been relieved of first team duties. :devilish:

5 hours ago, Hometownclub said:

I'm a bit confused.

I thought I'd predicted us to lose 1-0 at Stevenage, it looks like I'd actually predicted us to win 1-0.

I'll have to be more careful in future, as I would never knowingly predict us to win any game currently.

I've just checked back. You had predicted a 1-0 win, but didn't name a scorer. That should have nullified your prediction, but we've let it slide for that game.

See Rule reminder here

12 hours ago, Bristolatic said:

I've just checked back. You had predicted a 1-0 win, but didn't name a scorer. That should have nullified your prediction, but we've let it slide for that game.

See Rule reminder here

Now you've really got me confused.

I thought I'd predicted a 1-0 win for Stevenage, hence I didn't predict a Latics scorer.

5 hours ago, Hometownclub said:

Now you've really got me confused.

I thought I'd predicted a 1-0 win for Stevenage, hence I didn't predict a Latics scorer.

You've just got to make sure that you use the correct drop down boxes. It's always Latics in left hand box, opposition in the right box irrespective of whether it's a home or away game.

On 9/22/2020 at 10:37 AM, Bristolatic said:

A bit of leniency for the new system as we had one or two problems that needed sorting after everyone had posted. Pretty certain none of them were a deliberate attempt to screw the system, but I just wanted to get it done. I'm going to post a reminder about contacting by PM and I'll include the complete prediction rule.

You're too good to 'um, Pete!

Archived