EFL trophy Latics V Wolves U21’s

23 minutes ago, TheBigDog said:

@BP1960 mentioned the body language of certain players recently - Danny Rowe is a prime example. Look at his reaction to scoring against Wolves - very muted and only pausing to thank Barnett for his interchange. He obviously is still unhappy with the way he has been treated and that probably comes through in training.

Having said that, I agree that he should be starting every game and   be allowed to play to his strengths.

If he celebrated a goal against any team in the opening match of the EFL trophy I would never speak in his favour ever again 😂😂

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply
22 minutes ago, oafcmetty said:

None of the goals were really celebrated on Tuesday

I've noticed that a few times in a variety of matches - with stadiums empty players understandably don't always bother to celebrate too much. I wouldn't read too much into Rowe's body language.

In a similar vein, there seems to be generally less disputing of referees' decisions, whether because there are no fans to play up to or VAR at the top level is working better (though I still don't like it) who knows.

42 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

I don't think he's celebrated a goal in his whole career.

Actually think you could be right with this - I just checked out a couple of his previous goals on YouTube and even the stunner he scores in the FA Trophy final is only greeted with a large smile 😃 

He seems to let his teammates do the celebrating for him.

Archived