Crawley (H)

33 minutes ago, oafcmetty said:

We lost the first three league games last season. 

Haha did we? 

Remember the 70s,80s and 90s like yesterday, don't remember the real yesterday! 

I know we lost to FGR 0-1 and at Bradford 0-3, who else? 

Was Exeter 0-0 our first point then? That was the first time I have seen Latics bottom of the Football League in my lifetime, had seen them second bottom before. 

I think we would have actually finished lower than 19th if the 2019-20 season had gone to its conclusion but I am sure we would have escaped relegation.     

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply
31 minutes ago, unsworth blue said:

Haha did we? 

Remember the 70s,80s and 90s like yesterday, don't remember the real yesterday! 

I know we lost to FGR 0-1 and at Bradford 0-3, who else? 

Was Exeter 0-0 our first point then? That was the first time I have seen Latics bottom of the Football League in my lifetime, had seen them second bottom before. 

I think we would have actually finished lower than 19th if the 2019-20 season had gone to its conclusion but I am sure we would have escaped relegation.     

Between FGR and Bratfud, Crewe dicked us 2-1 at home.

On 9/27/2020 at 11:30 AM, hillside blue said:

Even though the result was not good, I thought yesterdays performance was an improvement on the Orient and Morecombe games.

If there could be a few more additions, for example an experienced CD to steady the ship and perhaps a Jonny Smith type with a bit of pace, then we would not be far away.

There are some good players in there, remember teams need time to gel and most of this team are quite young.

The midfield looked good at times yesterday, the sucker punch goal clearly affected moral and heads dropped for a while, tighten up the defence and things will improve.

Not sure about Hamer as a fullback, looks good going forward, although his crosses at times lack precision, perhaps try him in a role further forward.

Rowe is a good player, but he likes to sit outside the box, so not really a CF, perhaps Blackwood and Mcaleny will be a good front line, Blackwood looked decent yesterday and has a fair amount of skill. Rowe would be more effective playing behind the front two as he is dangerous on the edge of the box and will be harder for the oppositions centre backs to mark. Long balls up to Mcaleny yesterday were a waste of time, especially against two big defenders.

Baddan for me also looks a good signing, a bit of pace, decent defending, good going forward, did well with the cross yesterday which led to the goal, I also noticed that he isn't afraid to mix it with the opposition, got in a few faces yesterday.

Given a bit of patience and a couple more signings, there is the nucleus of a decent team.

Agree entirely, 

Archived