Crawley (H)

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Fervid said:

Feckin bottlejobs KEWELL OUT to fuck 

Whether Kewell is the right man or not i don’t know, but if Mo is recruiting - rather than Kewell - and the players are either not good enough, not tough enough, ‘bottle jobs’ - or a combination of all of those, I do wonder how much the manager can be blamed?

I notice that we had 14 shots compared to 6 for Crawley. I know that doesn’t tell the whole story but we had enough chances to win that game, or certainly draw it. Kewell can’t put the ball in the net for them.

2 minutes ago, L1onheartNew said:

Or decide to pass when it would be easier to put your foot on the ball  and choose your spot from six yards out

Having said that, I have seen him hit the crossbar multiple times from that range, someimes, closer. Probably played on his mind.

4 minutes ago, Gary1906 said:

Whether Kewell is the right man or not i don’t know, but if Mo is recruiting - rather than Kewell - and the players are either not good enough, not tough enough, ‘bottle jobs’ - or a combination of all of those, I do wonder how much the manager can be blamed?

I notice that we had 14 shots compared to 6 for Crawley. I know that doesn’t tell the whole story but we had enough chances to win that game, or certainly draw it. Kewell can’t put the ball in the net for them.

A big thing for me is the lack of experience. Individually some of them are looking promising but you cant have a team of mainly promising youths. There are not enough players with 200 games behind them who know what to do in every type of situation because they've been there before. 

8 minutes ago, Gary1906 said:

Too many bottlers is about right though.

Second half was best I've seen us this season (not a high bar I know).

Lawler does not fill me with confidence at all. Badan, pierrgianni and jombati won everythin on floor and air. Hamer could have stopped their third 2 or 3 times. How hes attracted interest i do not know. Whelan class above but should have buried last min. Leeds kid came in to it and him and whelan ran that half. Fage came on and is improving every game, I wish his chance came on his right foot! Blackwood looks like he could b a player! Rowe and mcaleny didn't do much but did what strikers are supposed to do and score. Management terrible as even at 3-1 there was no change in system or style at all

12 minutes ago, astottie said:

Yep. Controlled it perfectly.  Dragged it back onto his left foot, took the defender out of the picture, AND THEN SMASHED THE BLOODY THING WIDE!!

Apart from that Whelan was excellent, by far the best of the recruits, would be even better in a good side.

I think we'd take Dino, Missilou, Sylla, Maouche  and Nepomucimo right now.

Here's my take on the season so far

Lawlor ok, as good as most in the division

Hamer good in the air but doesn't stop crosses , poor passer and crosser of the ball.

Jombati and Pidge - a reasonable combination win headers, Jombati surpisingly athletic

Borthwick Jackson safety first full back offers little going forward

Badan ok offers a bit more the CBJ going forward

DKD Lightweight and poor footballing intelligence

Whelan and McCalmont both very tidy but can they provide the spine in L2

Grant - so slow but can produce odd flashes

Rowe - decent shadow striker with a good eye but a bit one paced

McEleny may score a few but can't hold the ball up at all, needs a big fella up with him and that isn't what we have

Blackwood - nice cameo, we will see over time

Fage a trier, but not much more, could develop yet

Garrity - slow, Blackpool realised their mistake and found a mug to take him

Team as a whole - not much composure, everything done at a pace that outstrips their ability.

Kewell - serial failure, likely to fail again

6 minutes ago, astottie said:

A big thing for me is the lack of experience. Individually some of them are looking promising but you cant have a team of mainly promising youths. There are not enough players with 200 games behind them who know what to do in every type of situation because they've been there before. 

I agree, we are definitely lacking an experienced midfielder. Someone who can lead by example, putting his foot into a tackle, and being able to pick out a pass. Surely there’s somebody out there somewhere!!

4 minutes ago, Gary1906 said:

I agree, we are definitely lacking an experienced midfielder. Someone who can lead by example, putting his foot into a tackle, and being able to pick out a pass. Surely there’s somebody out there somewhere!!

McCann.

Archived