Right come on then, how do we get rid of them?

I'm guilty of it myself, constantly screaming from the rooftops that Almo must go, but other than not go to home games I'm not doing much if I am honest.

But then I ask myself, what can we actually do to get these pricks out of the Club before we are nothing but dust & history?

I'm all ears, because just typing #AbdallahOut on Twitter wont get us anywhere.

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We only have 2 options protest or withdraw support. We can't do a protest right now due to covid(not that enough people would bother anyway) so we are going to have to just withdraw our support no more money from anyone and then basically just hope. Because their is nothing else the ordinary fan can do.

Wait until they leave and at some point they will.

Then when they do we must all return and support the club like never before.

Stop paying money into the club, no season tickets,no match day tickets,no I Follow,no pies,no programmes. I know some of these are not on the agenda currently, but lets not all rush back when/if they become accesible. PTB now need to start getting more agressive, lets shut down comunication with new chief executives etc etc and tell it like it is to the press.

I know people have said that fans boycotting didnt force the oystens out of Blackpool and they didnt.

But long term it made it impossible for them and even had they not have lost that court battle at some point they would have had to sell up anyway. 

The best thing we can do is withdraw our support and wait, because it will be impossible for them to do anything other than have to sell the club at some point.

All they own is the name and at the moment it isn’t worth very much. How long will Abdallah want to continue to fund the club that’s generating no income and no one apart from a select few want him there?

Save some dosh Abdallah, sell up and move on.

1 hour ago, sjk2008 said:

I'm guilty of it myself, constantly screaming from the rooftops that Almo must go, but other than not go to home games I'm not doing much if I am honest.

But then I ask myself, what can we actually do to get these pricks out of the Club before we are nothing but dust & history?

I'm all ears, because just typing #AbdallahOut on Twitter wont get us anywhere.

I have said it many times before on this forum, stop spending money that goes into their pockets. The less sales, tickets and match passes. The more they themselves have to spend. Meaning more than likely they will miss payments on things such as the north stand. Meaning they will be forced into administration. 

Some of us stopped funding the club in March last year, the rest need to follow. No more tickets, ifollow, merch etc. 

For me there are two ways out of this sorry mess, forced administration and hopefully a new owner or liquidation and we start again in the NW Counties. Either way, better than all of this current nonsense. 

Just fuck off AL...now! 

Not putting any more money into the club should be a no brainer.

In normal times I can see how some would say they'd rather support the team, but surely paying for a stream (which is pretty much the club's only revenue source) has no effect on the XI and cannot be an enjoyable way to spend an afternoon/evening. 

Owning the club needs to be an unattractive proposition to AL. There's a lot that could be done in normal times that can't be done now, but starving of any revenue is very straightforward. 

The problem is, I think a lot of the fans feel a bit defeated.  Even if we were allowed in the ground at the moment, I'm not sure the owners/board members would get the rough ride they deserve.

Back in the 90s there were spontaneous protests from a fair number after matches purely because Graeme Sharp was a shit manager.  That level of spontaniety just doesn't seem to exist anymore.

Sky used us to build their Premier League empire back in the day, so they owe us one and we should draw their attention to our plight at every opportunity. "Founder Members of the Premier League being mismanaged to oblivion".  That detestable Jim White would cream his pants over that headline...

No offence intended to fellow supporters but . . 
You are feeding him by buying season tickets, stuff from the club shop, streaming games etc

When you think it through, we have nothing else to fight him with except depriving him of our £money 

He’s beyond any common sense

It was difficult at first not going to games but when you think it through there really isnt anything else we can do to stand proud for our colours.

I just couldnt look at myself in the mirror if I’d kept feeding him and keeping him there one minute more.

#notapennymore💙

Although minuscule, I’ve cancelled my iFollow subscription so that’s a few quid a month less in their pockets. 

There was talk on Twitter about the plans for FLG to buy the stadium still being on the cards, with a fan share issue. I would absolutely pledge whatever I could to that.

Time for the niceties to end and a more aggressive approach be taken to try and force the owners out.  

The end of Abdallah’s ownership will probably be the end of the club in its current form. Buying a L2 football club was hardly an attractive proposition before Covid, now it’s completely nonsensical. Look how long it took Corney to sell to Abdallah after years of meeting potential buyers. 

It’s all good wanting Abdallah out, but at this point in time Abdallah out probably means the end of Oldham Athletic and our league status.

31 minutes ago, PlayItLivo said:

The end of Abdallah’s ownership will probably be the end of the club in its current form. Buying a L2 football club was hardly an attractive proposition before Covid, now it’s completely nonsensical. Look how long it took Corney to sell to Abdallah after years of meeting potential buyers. 

It’s all good wanting Abdallah out, but at this point in time Abdallah out probably means the end of Oldham Athletic and our league status.

I would suggest that if the season runs it course, if the fuckwit is still in charge our league status is very much in doubt. 

1 hour ago, disjointed said:

I would suggest that if the season runs it course, if the fuckwit is still in charge our league status is very much in doubt. 

Agree 100% Alan, there is no sign that the owners will ever start making the right calls regarding recruitment at the club - both players and other staff - and each one is a step nearer the exit. Coupled with a very high likelihood of financial default with not paying HMRC, staff, players on time then I would suggest a 12 point deduction is in the offing this side of Christmas. 

If Latics are to survive within the EFL this season, then new owners need to found ASAP and fans will have to rally round to support any alternative owner at least in the short term to save our immediate future.   

If AL & co. stay in situ, we are going into non-league and possibly worse as sure as eggs is eggs.  

1 hour ago, PlayItLivo said:

Like I have said before, I don't think it will be the end. Because the people that own the north stand won't let that happen. Because the whole point of having the OEC would be gone. They will put us into administration because AL can't pay the rent on the stand. They have gone on record saying that they can pay our administration. That to me is our best option to get rid of AL. Starve him of income from fans to the point where he can't afford the rent on the North stand. 

6 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

Not much scope for starvation given they've had the ST money and there's little prospect of fans in grounds for a while.

Plus our 'plight' doesn't really compare to what other clubs have gone through.

Correct. Which makes it all the more baffling why folks stumped up for STs.

It saddens me to say it but our fall into non league football is almost inevitable 

16/17 L1 17th

17/18 L1 21st Relegated 

18/19 L2 14th

19/20 L2 19th

20/21 L2 joint bottom with 0pts 

We are being mismanaged both on and off the field and it simply isnt going to change under the current owner

We are a football club in a poor rather run down town sat in the shadows of two of the richest clubs on the planet 

Its becoming increasingly about our clubs survival not necessarily about what league we play in 

45 minutes ago, oafcmetty said:

Correct. Which makes it all the more baffling why folks stumped up for STs.

Can you provide me with some evidence that AL will fuck off because he’s losing shitloads of money?  He has shown no sign of that despite allegedly being offered the chance to cut his losses.  You’re in the know and seem convinced you’re right so spill the beans and give me facts as to why I’m wrong.

I’ve got valid reasons for buying STs this year. Personal reasons that go way beyond football.

Yes it’s a shit show.  Yes I want him out and if there was something that I could do to make that happen then sign me up.  I remain to be convinced about the “starve him out” approach though and for now, I cannot see that happening.  

I’m happy to be convinced otherwise but in the current circumstances, other than a white knight coming along and buying us (and that would be truly baffling), I don’t see an alternative should I want to support the team that I’ve followed for 50-odd years.

Over to you.

Archived