The Owners

The Owners  

133 members have voted

1. 1. Are you confident that the current Owner(s) can turn the club around?

• Yes
    • No

47 minutes ago, League one forever said:

I think someone said (metty?) the other day. It was bought more for his brother to have a go at, which when you look at it makes a lot of sense. 

Im sure their would have been far better far less stressful and far cheaper ways of getting Mo ajob in football. I think we can file this under the idea of buying the club to fund his other brother recruitment agency. Possible but far fetched.

I still think the most plausible answer to this is that he had abit of success as an agent and thought that he could then buy a football club and do a good job with it.

He didn't prepare himself properly didn't understand at all what the realities of his actions would be. Like Boris Johnson he thought he could go in and wing it and he has proved to be hopelessly out of his depth to deal with the situation hes inherited.

I do wonder how people would react to him if he turned round and said you know what this hasn't turned out how I would like and I want to sell. Id respect him for it.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, mikeroyboy said:

Just a worry, like I'm worried about stating something without facts to back it up.

Maybe something else but plenty on here have said money laundering. It's a subject I have some knowledge of and with all due respect to them it's bollocks. 

23 minutes ago, Dave_Og said:

Maybe something else but plenty on here have said money laundering. It's a subject I have some knowledge of and with all due respect to them it's bollocks. 

Well they have nothing to worry about then. 
I’m still worried. 

50 minutes ago, Dave_Og said:

Can you say for certain the Queensy Menig loan didn't have financial foul play? 

1 minute ago, oafc 123 said:

Can you say for certain the Queensy Menig loan didn't have financial foul play? 

No, I can't. I'm completely unaware of the specific details. Lots of people seem to just say it hasn't work so it must be dodgy. My rule of thumb is that incompetence is much more common than criminality. 

8 minutes ago, Dave_Og said:

No, I can't. I'm completely unaware of the specific details. Lots of people seem to just say it hasn't work so it must be dodgy. My rule of thumb is that incompetence is much more common than criminality. 

Wouldn't a football club be good for money laundering?  False attendees at a football match? False season ticket numbers (would tie in with the plummet down the leagues), programs, food. Might even explain why he doesnt want to use the north stand. 

1 minute ago, latics22 said:

Wouldn't a football club be good for money laundering?  False attendees at a football match? False season ticket numbers (would tie in with the plummet down the leagues), programs, food. Might even explain why he doesnt want to use the north stand. 

A big club might be. How much can you inflate receipts when crowds are where ours are in normal times without attracting attention?  Sorry but it's a nonsense theory based on nothing. 

42 minutes ago, mikeroyboy said:

Incompetence is easy to judge in their case - but on they go. 

Maybe because they have been so incompetent it's easy to excuse their behaviour with anterior motives?   

It's like saying Joe Colbeck wasn't actually a footballer but just did some moonlighting by playing football at the weekends etc.

37 minutes ago, oafc 123 said:

Maybe because they have been so incompetent it's easy to excuse their behaviour with anterior motives?   

It's like saying Joe Colbeck wasn't actually a footballer but just did some moonlighting by playing football at the weekends etc.

Which manager signed Colbeck?

22 minutes ago, mikeroyboy said:

Worryingly so. 

Why does it bother you??

Even it's complete bollocks, to say it's money laundering is a much more interesting perspective than just admitting we're shit.

I say fuck it, and just go along with it 🙂   

15 hours ago, Dave_Og said:

A big club might be. How much can you inflate receipts when crowds are where ours are in normal times without attracting attention?  Sorry but it's a nonsense theory based on nothing. 

Might not be money laundering, but there's something fishy going on - they certainly do business in unconventional ways, at best.

15 hours ago, Dave_Og said:

You make a sound case Dave.... and any laundering - if indeed it is/was ever a consideration - isn’t going to net them much given our turnover.... but, they (all 3 brothers) stand to earn directly/indirectly if they place their clients with us and (this is the crucial bit) can move them on for profit....?

I think one of the reasons theories about dodgy practices flourish, is that it is hard to believe that they could be that bad at what they do, for that long and not to either try to change or give it all up.  Baffling.

1 hour ago, oafc 123 said:

Why does it bother you??

Even it's complete bollocks, to say it's money laundering is a much more interesting perspective than just admitting we're shit.

I say fuck it, and just go along with it 🙂   

We are all going along with it and we can all identify shit. 

Being worried about where these people are taking our club and how they are doing it is quite normal for some fans. As is not giving a fuck.  

I've been quite clear on here about my views regarding the current owners and their complete inadequacies.

However it does appear they have spent/invested/pissed up the wall, a considerable amount of cash, and got very little back,( bar the George sale) whilst the club has continued to nosedive towards the National League.

So if indeed they are laundering any money they seem to be doing a pretty shit job at that as well...which is hardly surprising as they have done a pretty shit job at everything they have gone near since the day they arrived...apart from dismantling and destroying our beloved football club. On this they have done a truly brilliant job.

So 4 words sum up my response to the topic subject "The owners"

PLEASE JUST FUCK OFF.

1 hour ago, lookersstandandy said:

You make a sound case Dave.... and any laundering - if indeed it is/was ever a consideration - isn’t going to net them much given our turnover.... but, they (all 3 brothers) stand to earn directly/indirectly if they place their clients with us and (this is the crucial bit) can move them on for profit....?

Wouldn't have a problem with that.  The base plan was a good one in my book; just terribly designed and executed.

Archived