The Owners

The Owners  

133 members have voted

1. 1. Are you confident that the current Owner(s) can turn the club around?

• Yes
    • No

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply
17 hours ago, Chaddyexile84 said:

Anyone know when the last board meeting was and could @underdogand the new trust board ask just what exactly fans rep Richard Bowden does whilst the club burns? 

I have been out of the loop for a bit on the Club front. They were suppose to be bi-monthly. Last one I remember was January time, then I left. So If I follow that pattern, even to do a remote meeting would be March, May, July, Sept. 

Richard Bowden, again no idea, personally last time I heard/saw him was at Royton CC last October. I will presume if there is no resignation at Companies House, then he is still in situ.

Trust is now out of the post 3 day election complaint to be registered period. So, if there are no issues that could cause a delay, then I expect the exiting chair to call our first Trust meeting soon. 

1 hour ago, underdog said:

I have been out of the loop for a bit on the Club front. They were suppose to be bi-monthly. Last one I remember was January time, then I left. So If I follow that pattern, even to do a remote meeting would be March, May, July, Sept. 

Richard Bowden, again no idea, personally last time I heard/saw him was at Royton CC last October. I will presume if there is no resignation at Companies House, then he is still in situ.

Trust is now out of the post 3 day election complaint to be registered period. So, if there are no issues that could cause a delay, then I expect the exiting chair to call our first Trust meeting soon. 

Thanks UD - sorry it seems to always be you fielding the questions and deflecting the shrapnel but in the absence of knowing anyone on the new board and your record for never shying away from trying to give answers I thought I’d come back to you 

1 hour ago, Chaddyexile84 said:

Thanks UD - sorry it seems to always be you fielding the questions and deflecting the shrapnel but in the absence of knowing anyone on the new board and your record for never shying away from trying to give answers I thought I’d come back to you 

No worries, Just note that I am not on here all the time.

Ideally, it is better that i request you or anyone really who has a questions, to send them/log them either on Trust email or website as they are all collated in one place and the new team can then chip at them and we don't miss them then. - cheers

hello@trustoldham.co.uk

On 9/26/2020 at 9:57 PM, Behind Closed Doors said:

Don’t disagree with your sentiments about him  .....but I am not sure he is as green as the grass.....he stuffed Scholes in court.....he forced Blitz to court.....he has  taken on the OEC .....he is ruthless in hiring and firing......I don’t see my many instances where he has lost..........he is no good for Oldham Athletic but I do feel his business acumen is underestimated .    His football knowledge on the other hand..?

I love a sense of humour. Really made me laugh that one. I look at the "purchase" of whatever it is was actually "purchased" and think...  

On 9/28/2020 at 9:15 PM, latics22 said:

Wouldn't a football club be good for money laundering?  False attendees at a football match? False season ticket numbers (would tie in with the plummet down the leagues), programs, food. Might even explain why he doesnt want to use the north stand. 

On 9/28/2020 at 9:18 PM, Dave_Og said:

A big club might be. How much can you inflate receipts when crowds are where ours are in normal times without attracting attention?  Sorry but it's a nonsense theory based on nothing. 

I`ve said it before - a message board is no place for discussing things like this. It's fraught with danger. However, with the greatest respect Dave AND PURELY IN THEORY - ANY football club is an ideal vehicle for money laundering. Think about it in the opposite way to the train of thought you currently have i.e. using a football club as a vehicle for laundering illicit funds from activities overseas. Such dirty money is filtered through a club in various ways, with the aim of "cleaning" it. So, if dirty money was used to pay players' wages, for example, and then the player was sold - the money you recieve for said player when transferred is "clean" and you have laundered successfully (because the dirty money funded him in the first place) That's just one example - there are many more scenarios. Again, I am just explaining how it could work at any football club.

We know why the three amigos bought the club - to make money from the land but also because Blitz is football mad.

I suspect Marco just liked the idea of owning an English football club and persuaded himself that because of his experience as an agent as well as his contacts that it wouldn't cost him an arm and a leg.  It all went wrong firstly because his choice of players has been spectacularly awful and secondly because he can't stop interfering.  Now he is in so deep and hoping that somebody with more money and less sense than him can be persuaded to buy the club.

The three amigos got stuffed by the crash in 2008 and although he didn't need any help Marco is stuffed by the response to the coronavirus with our economy and society on the brink of ruin.

4 hours ago, Hands on said:

We know why the three amigos bought the club - to make money from the land but also because Blitz is football mad.

I suspect Marco just liked the idea of owning an English football club and persuaded himself that because of his experience as an agent as well as his contacts that it wouldn't cost him an arm and a leg.  It all went wrong firstly because his choice of players has been spectacularly awful and secondly because he can't stop interfering.  Now he is in so deep and hoping that somebody with more money and less sense than him can be persuaded to buy the club.

The three amigos got stuffed by the crash in 2008 and although he didn't need any help Marco is stuffed by the response to the coronavirus with our economy and society on the brink of ruin.

We are told that he has had offers and turned them down, because they did not match his valuation.  Beggars belief as to why he didn't snap their hands off and leave town if he is skint.

If we do go into admin and fail to find a buyer I fear we’ll be seeing a lot more trial holes being drilled on and around BP!!

There will be a lot of cheaper and more attractive football clubs than ours up for sale soon, Wigan up for around £3/4m being a classic example........

Rather than financing the club through admin until a buyer can be found ( as has been suggested on here ) I think it more likely Blitz will be rubbing his hands in anticipation of developing the whole site!!

36 minutes ago, oafc1955 said:

If we do go into admin and fail to find a buyer I fear we’ll be seeing a lot more trial holes being drilled on and around BP!!

There will be a lot of cheaper and more attractive football clubs than ours up for sale soon, Wigan up for around £3/4m being a classic example........

Rather than financing the club through admin until a buyer can be found ( as has been suggested on here ) I think it more likely Blitz will be rubbing his hands in anticipation of developing the whole site!!

We've got to be cheap. There's nothing to buy except EFL membership. It just needs someone sensible to put some cash in. Mind you, they wouldn't be buying OAFC or any football club if they were sensible. 

Archived