1975/76 Memories of Oldham Athletic

I started writing a book going through all my memories of Latics from the Jimmy Frizzell days to the present day however this has stalled as my enthusiasm for the club has all but disappeared with the antics of these owners who have all but destroyed the way I feel about the club, 

I hope some of you can recall these days, when Latics were punching above their weight and were desperately trying to improve season on season. An age where we improved year on year, not went backwards, an era where we were almost unbeatable at fortress Boundary Park but rarely won away. An era before the greatest days of Oldham Athletic's 125 year history but one which will always live with those who were there to witness it. 

Latics were not great, they had limited resources, we didn't always have much of an away support but we were all bloody proud of our belonging at the club, from the Board down to the youngest fans. The players played for the shirt and we were all happy, Frizzell was our King and we didn't sack managers or staff in them days.           

1975-76 memories.docx

Archived