Colchester United V Oldham Athletic

• Replies 302
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 hours ago, Behind Closed Doors said:

Puts Rowe in context for sure 

It really doesn't.

There's a lot more posts on here disliking Rowe compared to praising him.  Mainly because of your high volume of posts about him.

He has some ability that could be useful for us but he has flaws too that could make him a flop.  Hard to call at this stage and I'd say how he's managed will tip the balance one way or the other.

11 hours ago, Behind Closed Doors said:

Fair enough but domestic recruitment is hardly any better? Eg for Sefil and Vera I give you Benteke and Dolan

Already agreed with you, there. 

Every signing we make might be an AL/Mo signing however, unless every manager we have had since AL's arrival has a scouting set-up that concentrates on the European lower leagues, there's clearer indication there that AL and Mo are making these signings and forcing the players on the manager.

It's a strategy that failed, then they seemed to abandon and the Bahamboula signing could be an indication that they have returned to a tried, tested and failed transfer policy (not that what they did in between was much better). 

The definition of an idiot is someone who repeatedly tries the same thing and expects different results...

10 hours ago, League one forever said:

Thought the same today. 

For all the shit. When was the last time we had a striker starting like that? 

Johnny Forte had a great start to a League 1 campaign 5/6 years ago -  was top scorer in the League after about 10 games. Scored 17 before Christmas I think and then only 2 thereafter. Was a great finisher Johnny Forte 

24 minutes ago, unsworth blue said:

Johnny Forte had a great start to a League 1 campaign 5/6 years ago -  was top scorer in the League after about 10 games. Scored 17 before Christmas I think and then only 2 thereafter. Was a great finisher Johnny Forte 

His injuries certainly cost him a decent career at a higher level. 

Yes Forte was on fire at the start of 2014/15. He scored his 13th league goal with a penalty in the 3-0 win at Rochdale at the end of November 2014, at which point we were 6th in the table. That was from 17 appearances, a good strike rate, though 4 were penalties. Unfortunately he only scored twice more in his next 17 league games and missed the last six matches of the season.

McAleny already has 6 goals in all competitions this season from 7 matches and in the last six seasons very few players have scored more in the entire season!

8 minutes ago, Monty Burns said:

Was that the one where we were in the play offs in march so cornet panicked and sold the manager???

no that one was about 5 years ago - 2017 was the Robbie/Shez year 

fuck me need my eyes testing - read 6 as 3 so yes Monty think you’re right!! 

4 hours ago, Worcester Owl said:

Yes Forte was on fire at the start of 2014/15. He scored his 13th league goal with a penalty in the 3-0 win at Rochdale at the end of November 2014, at which point we were 6th in the table. That was from 17 appearances, a good strike rate, though 4 were penalties. Unfortunately he only scored twice more in his next 17 league games and missed the last six matches of the season.

McAleny already has 6 goals in all competitions this season from 7 matches and in the last six seasons very few players have scored more in the entire season!

Just watched the goals- his finish for our third is a beaut. 

31 minutes ago, Clubfootkilkenny said:

McAleny was crap yesterday, like he has been every other game. 
I thought he was going to be our best player this season but that finish aside, he’s been poor. 

I'd take a striker playing crap every game as long as he keeps the scoring record up. 

1 hour ago, Clubfootkilkenny said:

I thought he was going to be our best player this season but that finish aside, he’s been poor. 

I'll happily take two goals and an assist from him every game... 

1 hour ago, Clubfootkilkenny said:

How many strikers have we had who work hard but don’t score? To many to remember. If he does nothing but score, that’s fine by me. 

12 minutes ago, Dave_Og said:

Indeed so. But that's not what you put on the other thread now is it? 

I think it is....I said you recommended £3.34 on the draw...apart from the penny that seems accurate to me

You May have spent too long in the south and have lost your sense of humour to an occasional supercilious arrogance more akin to a south public school rather than the piss taking banter of OHGS where your roots lie 

21 minutes ago, Behind Closed Doors said:

I think it is....I said you recommended £3.34 on the draw...apart from the penny that seems accurate to me

You May have spent too long in the south and have lost your sense of humour to an occasional supercilious arrogance more akin to a south public school rather than the piss taking banter of OHGS where your roots lie 

Stalker alert. You're still wrong 😂😂

Archived