Dylan Bahamboula Signs

18 minutes ago, SweeperKeeper said:

Others will get a couple of matches and then be written off forever after pulling out of one tackle

Marc Tierny can forever get to fuck for bottling a challenge against Premier League Bolton in the FA cup.

I think all our team bar maybe Lawlor are pretty wank tbh 

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply
19 minutes ago, Chaddyexile84 said:

I think all our team bar maybe Lawlor are pretty wank tbh 

Applies to 60% of all the players in League Two. It's the fourth division for a reason.

Then 20% are the Iacovittis and Sefils, who are even worse than League Two 

1 hour ago, SweeperKeeper said:

Do we need a player in CM right now? No.

Is he a guaranteed success? No.

Has he got anything in common with Gonzales, Kokos and Sefil other than being Black, French and having a surname which Roy will struggle with? No.

He's played more matches at the top two levels of French football than most of our squad have at league level.

He's not a youngster with no experience, or someone with hardly a game outside the French amateur leagues.

However, he'll get a significantly harder time off most Latics fans than local lads who can't pass, can't tackle, can't keep position and have barely played a game above League Two.

One minute we need experience and height in midfield. Then we sign a six footer with top flight experience, and that's a disaster. Who did you expect us to sign - a starter at Championship level?

One thing's clear, he's failed here from the start.  

Its was agreed by many on here (me being one of them) before the season started that we were well short of quality the results that followed reaffirmed that. This signing doesn't appear to solve these glaring problems of a lack of leadership and experience. Don't turn this into something that it clearly isn't.

6 hours ago, GlossopLatic said:

Yes Yes I am. I comfortable in my assessment that he is going to be fucking shit.

I also judged Gonzalez Kokos Akzankpo and Sefil the same way 

1 minute ago, GlossopLatic said:

Don't turn this into something that it clearly isn't.

LOL

Truth hurts

15 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:
15 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

Does signing a player who has never played any games in England solve our leadership and lack of experience problems?

Ah, it's only experience if it's in England.  OK. 

Did signing Blackwood with no English experience solve our leadership problem? 

Did signing Lawlor solve our problems at centre-back? 

Did signing Badan solve our lack of height up front?

Did any of them solve our "experience and leadership" problem, or have we just moved the goalposts for this signing?

Why the hysterical reaction to a tall midfielder with a good academy background at least some top flight experience, compared to the signing of Garrity or Grant?  Particularly when we are missing experience and height in the middle of the park?

He might be crap, but he's got a better pedigree than most of the recent signings we have had and should at least be given a couple of matches before being written off.

Automatically sticking him in the same bucket as Kokos without seeing him play is lazy.

1 minute ago, OneSizeFitz said:

A thoroughly researched signing, clearly. 

Hope he's good. 

Surely it's only a matter of time before the random signing machine finally hits on a centre back by accident?

Maybe clubs would have more interest in scouting rather than taking blind recommendations from scouts if they weren't able to go through 40-50 players a season.

I probably couldn't name every player who played for us two seasons ago, yet I probably could for seasons twenty years ago.

29 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

Don't turn this into something that it clearly isn't.

If you are genuinely offended by people who haven't played in England before then Id suggest you are the one with the problem.  Can't see why you would be bothered by this. 😉

I sadly don’t think it’s any longer a case of the quality of individual signings or choice of manager.

If you were to put our regime in charge of any football club I truly believe that in 5 years time you would have a struggling totally demoralised club with their fans feeling pretty much like we do now.

53 minutes ago, SweeperKeeper said:

Ah, it's only experience if it's in England.  OK. 

Did signing Blackwood with no English experience solve our leadership problem? 

Did signing Lawlor solve our problems at centre-back? 

Did signing Badan solve our lack of height up front?

Did any of them solve our "experience and leadership" problem, or have we just moved the goalposts for this signing?

Why the hysterical reaction to a tall midfielder with a good academy background at least some top flight experience, compared to the signing of Garrity or Grant?  Particularly when we are missing experience and height in the middle of the park?

He might be crap, but he's got a better pedigree than most of the recent signings we have had and should at least be given a couple of matches before being written off.

Automatically sticking him in the same bucket as Kokos without seeing him play is lazy.

So it doesn't solve those problems does it?

Again convientiently missing the point by the way the other foreign lads who we had who failed came through decent academies alot of the players we currently have came through decent academies. Yet this squad is clearly short in experience and leadership.

This is the type of signing you only make when you have your first 11 sorted you have bench sorted and you have abit of budget left you find out someone wants a trial you let the manager run the rule over him if and only if the coaching staff believe he is worth signing and then you sign him. When you are short in 3-4 positions you use any budget we have left for that not players who could be described as a punt.

All you have done is prove my point you've tried to make this into something it isnt.

35 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

All you have done is prove my point you've tried to make this into something it isnt.

You've again ignored the fact his career is nothing like Sefil, Gonzales or Kokos.

And none of the other signings have matched the newly invented criteria for an acceptable signing.

So whatever point it is you're trying to make, it isn't the one you're making.

9 minutes ago, Chaddyexile84 said:

Vera played in La Liga

Clegg played in the Champions League

Michael Ricketts played in the Premier League 

I'd still rather take on players like that, than Gonzales or Kokos with basically no professional experience at all.

Delighted if I’m wrong about him and he does well for us. And if he’s played midfield most of his career (rather than as a “skilful striker”), I’ll retract my describing his record as being “abysmal”.

32 minutes ago, Monty Burns said:

Fuckinnlove this guy. Glossopp and his prejudices can fuck right off 💪🏻🤷🏿‍♂️

:lol::lol:

It was 30 minutes against Colchester. That doesn't make him the next Andy Ritchie

But you are all welcome to bring up this thread for the rest of the season and I hope Im proved spectacularly wrong.

Glad to hear hes made a really good start.

4 hours ago, GlossopLatic said:

Its was agreed by many on here (me being one of them) before the season started that we were well short of quality the results that followed reaffirmed that. This signing doesn't appear to solve these glaring problems of a lack of leadership and experience. Don't turn this into something that it clearly isn't.

Got it.

Archived