Youth Team

Friend of a friends son is Sean Higgins, and plays right back for the youth team. He's just asked me how he's getting on but if I'm honest I've never heard of him.

Any of you lovely (and some not so lovely🤣) lot got any ideas how he's doing?

Cheers

Heard this morning that Latics u18s got dicked 13-1 by Chorley u18s on Saturday. 

I accept that results aren't everything and there can be mitigating factors but is this another area of concern at OAFC? Is Salim in charge of the Youth Team or is it Paul Murray?  

Given we have a wafer thin squad and injuries and suspensions could decimate this even further, we may well have to call upon some of our under 18s at least to cover short term. 

52 minutes ago, unsworth blue said:

Heard this morning that Latics u18s got dicked 13-1 by Chorley u18s on Saturday. 

I accept that results aren't everything and there can be mitigating factors but is this another area of concern at OAFC? Is Salim in charge of the Youth Team or is it Paul Murray?  

Given we have a wafer thin squad and injuries and suspensions could decimate this even further, we may well have to call upon some of our under 18s at least to cover short term. 

Could this be the OAFC Development Centre under 18s? Essentially a grassroots setup using the OAFC name. 

3 minutes ago, lordLOVErocket80 said:

Could this be the OAFC Development Centre under 18s? Essentially a grassroots setup using the OAFC name. 

I don't know if we have such a Development centre Rocket, I know of the plans for that one which turned out to be at Wright Robinson school in Gorton. I just heard that our u18s had been dicked 13-1 by Chorley and wondered if this was Saleem's team 

12 minutes ago, unsworth blue said:

I don't know if we have such a Development centre Rocket, I know of the plans for that one which turned out to be at Wright Robinson school in Gorton. I just heard that our u18s had been dicked 13-1 by Chorley and wondered if this was Saleem's team 

It was the development centre team, not the Academy. 

1 hour ago, unsworth blue said:

Sounds as though ALs youth team head coach is ready to take over from Kewell as that result would be deemed the right one to step up.🥴

• 3 weeks later...
13 hours ago, BP1960 said:

After beating FC United of Manchester 6-0 next up for Latics in the FA Youth Cup is Solihull or Lincoln City at home. tba before 21st November

Could have done with an easier tie than Lincoln, fair to say they will be favourites.

Plenty more lower leage teams in the draw, but we were first out of the hat.

https://www.thefa.com/-/media/thefacom-new/files/competitions/2020-21/youth-cup/the-fa-youth-cup-2p.ashx?la=en

• 3 weeks later...
19 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

Youth team lost at home 1-0 to Lincoln City in the FA youth cup.

That's a shame and as much as I always wish the youth team well, it seems like they are pissing in the wind, as our owner probably doesn't even fathom why they exist. 

16 minutes ago, Wardie said:

That's a shame and as much as I always wish the youth team well, it seems like they are pissing in the wind, as our owner probably doesn't even fathom why they exist. 

Probably does as selling the lad to Brighton was doubtless handy

• 3 weeks later...

Archived