Morecambe (H)

8 minutes ago, Londonboy said:

Sums things up Yarddog....I'm fucking glad I can't go and watch this season...saves loads of time and cash

Yes, but if fans were allowed to attend the Chuckle Brothers and Knacker of the Yard would be getting it in the neck. ER and BLM are allowed to hold demos, I think we need a peaceful invasion of Boundary Park. Just camp out on the pitch until these clueless muppets leave.

• Replies 255
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, the_mighty_bosh said:

McAleny's got the goals in the league, but we do have other individual threats going forward and have improved our attacking options this season compared to last.

But that doesn't make a blind bit of difference when you take out the two biggest structural points of the team in McCann and, to a lesser extent, Wheater. 

Whelan might've been better alongside an experienced head, I'm less convinced that Garrity would be.  McCalmont did look like a miss today, but none of those three come anywhere near replacing what McCann did for the team.

Piergianni would've struggled without Wheater alongside him, but to take him out AND the protection in front of him that McCann provided and we're hopeless back there.

Hamer seems to be shoehorned into the team at the moment when he doesn't deserve to be.  If we're playing him to attract suitors then it definitely isn't working.

Jombati is a fun player.  The last thing I want in a centre back line up of a League Two defence.

ALMoBO's strategy to replace McCann and Wheater has been unfathomably bad.  We've conceded over 2.5 goals a game in the League.  How are we reasonably supposed to win matches by doing that?!

McCann.

Huge loss.

18 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

I don't know much about football having watched it for only 60 years, can someone please explain to me why Blackwood started ahead of Rowe?

I wouldn't be surprised if Blackwood eventually comes good at some point.

But Kewell needs to take him out of the firing line now.  He's so lightweight for the role he's playing and isn't ready for League Two football yet.

3 minutes ago, the_mighty_bosh said:

McAleny's got the goals in the league, but we do have other individual threats going forward and have improved our attacking options this season compared to last.

But that doesn't make a blind bit of difference when you take out the two biggest structural points of the team in McCann and, to a lesser extent, Wheater. 

Whelan might've been better alongside an experienced head, I'm less convinced that Garrity would be.  McCalmont did look like a miss today, but none of those three come anywhere near replacing what McCann did for the team.

Piergianni would've struggled without Wheater alongside him, but to take him out AND the protection in front of him that McCann provided and we're hopeless back there.

Hamer seems to be shoehorned into the team at the moment when he doesn't deserve to be.  If we're playing him to attract suitors then it definitely isn't working.

Jombati is a fun player.  The last thing I want in a centre back line up of a League Two defence.

ALMoBO's strategy to replace McCann and Wheater has been unfathomably bad.  We've conceded over 2.5 goals a game in the League.  How are we reasonably supposed to win matches by doing that?!

Jombati is the 21st Century's equivelent to Noel Blake.

Pidge, Rowe and our on loan keeper, are the only three that are anywhere near good enough for this league. With Mceleny being too good for this league.

The rest don't even look good enough to play in a pub league.

With two exceptions !!!! Fage and Blackwood ---- Who don't look good enough to play even at that level .

National league here we come.  😥

Blackwood really needs to question why he’s here. There is nothing to suggest that he is of high enough standard to catch Even the team at the foot of the fourth division, how do these players get scouted, appalling.

No real issue with defence (honest) but the midfield is woeful, our main issue is our collective inability to control the ball, hold it and pass it. Terrible crossing all day from numerous players.

for all the hope we have in Dearnley and Rowe they too are not good enough, Dearnley needs to look at how Mcaleney particularly in the first half made himself available - good players find a way to get the ball despite very poor delivery from midfield, Dearnley did not and likeBlackwood made no impression

Bamboozle could be an excellent acquisition, really promising, him Mcaleney, Pidge and Chapman worthy of mention. Yes a Pidge because at least gives everything and doesn’t shy away from the game.

2 minutes ago, Stainrod said:

Blackwood really needs to question why he’s here. There is nothing to suggest that he is of high enough standard to catch Even the team at the foot of the fourth division, how do these players get scouted, appalling.

No real issue with defence (honest) but the midfield is woeful, our main issue is our collective inability to control the ball, hold it and pass it. Terrible crossing all day from numerous players.

for all the hope we have in Dearnley and Rowe they too are not good enough, Dearnley needs to look at how Mcaleney particularly in the first half made himself available - good players find a way to get the ball despite very poor delivery from midfield, Dearnley did not and likeBlackwood made no impression

Bamboozle could be an excellent acquisition, really promising, him Mcaleney, Pidge and Chapman worthy of mention. Yes a Pidge because at least gives everything and doesn’t shy away from the game.

There are five players that I would have kept from last season:

Rowe

Dearnley

Pidge

McCann

Sylla

Maybe Missilou

1 minute ago, Clubfootkilkenny said:

‘Put in a shift’ - classic term used by latics fans to try and defend shite home grown players

Read the full comment, I also said in a weak defence. I have no interest in trying to defend any player who is poor.

Hamer makes mistakes but at least tried to make things happen, some players out there today didn't even do that. Second half the defence had to protect an 18 year old rookie keeper.

The defence is shaky enough but with a midfield that keeps losing possession so easily and a rookie keeper, made things a lot worse. 

Who the hell are you to say I use generic comments like that, you don't even know me, my thoughts and observations are my own and based on the 90 odd minutes of football I have just watched.

Did you bother to watch the game?

McAleny and Bam stood out .The rest need to take a good look at the contributions..Also Kewell.Why not play Bam from the start. 

Leaking soft goals for fun and our crossing of the ball is woeful. 

Thought score flattered us.

Our defence  was awful.

Morecambe were stronger and more organised. 

I've just had a knee replacement  and the  only good thing was that the pain was over taken  by the pain of watching this crap.

2 minutes ago, hillside blue said:

Read the full comment, I also said in a weak defence. I have no interest in trying to defend any player who is poor.

Hamer makes mistakes but at least tried to make things happen, some players out there today didn't even do that. Second half the defence had to protect an 18 year old rookie keeper.

The defence is shaky enough but with a midfield that keeps losing possession so easily and a rookie keeper, made things a lot worse. 

Who the hell are you to say I use generic comments like that, you don't even know me, my thoughts and observations are my own and based on the 90 odd minutes of football I have just watched.

I don’t think he does attempt to make things happen. I believe he does the opposite and drifts through games in order to protect his reputation. Slows down the tempo at throw ins, provides no outlet whatsoever like a full back should, offers nothing when in possession and has been poor defensively today, and in other games, this season.

Agree about the midfield and Hamer wasn’t the worst today. Pidge was for me, another who has previously escaped any criticism coz he puts his head on things now and again. 

Yes I did watch the game. Does that qualify me to give my opinion or do you still want to know ‘who the hell’ I am?

13 minutes ago, hillside blue said:

Hamer makes mistakes but at least tried to make things happen, some players out there today didn't even do that. 

Yes I did, and that is utter cobblers.

The number of times the commentators said "Hamer forward... Through to the goalkeeper" is embarrassing.

He runs, he twats the ball forward to the goalie or out of touch, and that's it.  That's not "making things happen", unless you count goalkicks the opposition.

And on top of that - he can't mark a player, can't play an offside trap, and his throw ins aren't a threat.

He's not a league standard footballer.  Not even close

The fact that Barnett on the other side looks a class above him having made only two league starts says everything.

2 minutes ago, the_mighty_bosh said:

Has a player ever topped the scoring charts while playing for a team that's bottom of the league?  Because that's what McAleny is currently doing.

Also - when has the team leading the table had a negative goal difference? 🤔

37 minutes ago, 100milesaway said:

Pidge, Rowe and our on loan keeper, are the only three that are anywhere near good enough for this league. With Mceleny being too good for this league.

The rest don't even look good enough to play in a pub league.

With two exceptions !!!! Fage and Blackwood ---- Who don't look good enough to play even at that level .

National league here we come.  😥

You forgot Garrity, who wouldn't make it in the National league.

As for Dearnley he's obviouslystruggling with an injury, his pairing with Rowe at the end of last season was very good. However the manager has amazingly said he doesn't want Rowe playing the role he's done well in for years.

1 minute ago, BP1960 said:

You forgot Garriry, who wouldn't make it in the National league.

As for Dearnley he's obviouslystruggling with an injury, his pairing with Rowe at the end of last season was very good. However the manager has amazingly said he doesn't want Rowe playing the role he's done well in for years.

We have scored 7 in last 3 games and got 1 point....the problem does not lie there 

Archived