4 minutes ago, Behind Closed Doors said:

We have scored 7 in last 3 games and got 1 point....the problem does not lie there 

Would have been even better had Rowe or Bahambouka had started ahead of the weak Blackwood.

• Replies 255
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Between 1960 and 1970, Latics were in between Divisions 3 and 4, had a succession of managers and in truth the 1960s ended pretty much as the 1950s with Athletic in serious financial trouble. A busine

Kewell has a near impossible job. We know ALMO reduced his defensive options by banning him from using his most experienced CB and taking away his goalkeeping cover.     Considering the number

Harry Kewell has been dealt a tough hand by the owners. And that has to be taken into account when looking at the dreadful start and performances we have seen in the league so far.   However

52 minutes ago, the_mighty_bosh said:

Has a player ever topped the scoring charts while playing for a team that's bottom of the league?  Because that's what McAleny is currently doing.

the window is still open and the clowns are skint so that coule change 

That’s 4 league games on trot we have let 3 in and not sure he’s picking his best team. Certainly kewell can do better, he will need to win one of his next 2 or I think he’ll go.  I’m clinging to the hope as we are good up front we will eventually start to win some games but boy we look poor 

• Like 1
2 hours ago, peanuts2 said:

bottom of the whole football league if you had told me that in May 1991 I would of laughed tragic what has been done to our club 

This is the thing. You’ve got the realistic dickheads going on about Corney, etc. You can’t change the past. You can make changes in the present. Changes that, if made by the owners now, could make a positive difference. But they won’t because they’d rather plough on as they are and hammer in the final nail. It’s not too late yet. But it will be very soon. They are undoubtedly killing us. 

• Like 4
3 hours ago, Clubfootkilkenny said:

Whoever takes over next week needs to get rid of Hamer, pidge, whelan and Garrity! They’ve got a week or so to find half a team from somewhere. We might have a chance of staying up that way. 

What freebies,  hasn't the window shut now till Jan?

Kewell was a poor appointment from the start anyone in football management  in the lower leagues would have told you that.His reputation goes before him. However, it is unfair to sack him and not give him a chance. Until the owners go things will never improve whoever they dredge up from their caball to manage us in the future. 

3 hours ago, Clubfootkilkenny said:

Whoever takes over next week needs to get rid of Hamer, pidge, whelan and Garrity! They’ve got a week or so to find half a team from somewhere. We might have a chance of staying up that way. 

Really doesn't matter if someone else takes over next week or the week after until this club gets new ownership it has no chance of regaining its soul.

• Like 5
37 minutes ago, laticsmarra said:

Really doesn't matter if someone else takes over next week or the week after until this club gets new ownership it has no chance of regaining its soul.

totally agree were fucked with this lot in charge,

4 hours ago, Worcester Owl said:

Yes, but if fans were allowed to attend the Chuckle Brothers and Knacker of the Yard would be getting it in the neck. ER and BLM are allowed to hold demos, I think we need a peaceful invasion of Boundary Park. Just camp out on the pitch until these clueless muppets leave.

Probably be able to hang Abdullah out and Mo out flags in the stand the club doesn't own. May be put a banner across that stand.

• Like 1
5 hours ago, Worcester Owl said:

Yes, but if fans were allowed to attend the Chuckle Brothers and Knacker of the Yard would be getting it in the neck. ER and BLM are allowed to hold demos, I think we need a peaceful invasion of Boundary Park. Just camp out on the pitch until these clueless muppets leave.

“peaceful invasion of the pitch” ...I think our midfield have already done that ?

• Like 2
7 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

What was the date we were last this low in all the league divisions?

Sometime in 1959 I guess.

August 2019 we were Bottom after The Sony Sefil performance against Bradford. Where he should have been forced to write a letter of apology to every professional footballer in the country for being an embarrasment to the profession.

Edited by GlossopLatic
  • Like 1

Earlier on in my night, I watched the AFL semi between Geelong and Collingwood. The winner plays us (Brisbane) in the prelim final for a place in the GF. Until the fourth minute of the final quarter, Collingwood had scored just 7 points.

It was the worst performance of any professional football team, whatever the code, that i had ever seen. Especially given what was at stake.

5 hours later, it was forgotten and consigned to the history books as Latics eclipsed that honour in spades.

Hamer needs to be shipped out on loan somewhere. If he is in his learning and development stage, he needs to learn from better players and structure.

Remember the days when we all thought Conoir Brun was shit? Given Hamer, he was solid.

Bamboozler and Rowe Must start every game. 

I would play Bamboozler at wing back. In a 5-3-2 with Barnett on the other side.

We need a holding defensive midfielder. Someone who can break up play and pass the ball and assist Jombati and Pidge (McCann/Sylla combo mould)

Is that Mcallmott?

Garrity, sub...for Blackpool.

Whelan is OK to start.

Where the hell is Maouche? What have I missed?

Rowe, plays at the tip of midfield. He is our most intelligent footballer with Mcleney and Dearnley working the channels either side of him.

It isnt new, nor is it lopsided.

But it is only my opinion.

Kewell has a near impossible job. We know ALMO reduced his defensive options by banning him from using his most experienced CB and taking away his goalkeeping cover.  

Considering the number of goals we are scoring, the problem keeping us from being top 3 in the league, is the goals we have conceded.  I suspect with Pidge Wheater as CB combo, Jombardi right FB, we would have conceded 3 or 4 less goals (maybe even better) and hence be sitting higher up the league because match scores have been close. Yesterday it did not help having an injured keeper being kept on after his first half injury ( risking more damage) then bringing on a kid who was targeted by Morecambe. 

ALMO are the only ones to be blaming, even if you accept they do not directly pick the team, they influence things negatively by saying we want so and so to have more game time, and we have fallen out with X and we are now bullying him to leave so you can’t play him.  

• Like 8