Bolton (a)

Hes a classic academy trained player. The difference being he may make it! He dropped down the leagues as a utd player, dropped further as an unemployed player! Willing to make the sacrifice to climb back up again. And has shown ability and slef belief!!@

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply
31 minutes ago, latics22 said:

Hes a classic academy trained player. The difference being he may make it! He dropped down the leagues as a utd player, dropped further as an unemployed player! Willing to make the sacrifice to climb back up again. And has shown ability and slef belief!!@

The fascinating question is what does “ making it “ mean for the classic academy trained player ......Evina was one, he played 207 pro games at league 1/ championship level......did he make it ? For me yes but.....

46 minutes ago, Behind Closed Doors said:

The fascinating question is what does “ making it “ mean for the classic academy trained player ......Evina was one, he played 207 pro games at league 1/ championship level......did he make it ? For me yes but.....

Purely my opinion, but I think you’ve got to be looking at least 50 league games in the progressional game to say you made it- or had a good crack. Evina absolutely made it- no question. 

So, so many players make less than that but claim they had career. Any player in the professional game who goes out more than 50 times, has to have something about them. 

12 hours ago, L1onheartNew said:

Deservedly lost.

Fuck off Geelong.

Ah well It could be worse. Better than a thrashing by Bolton.

Fuck off Bolton

Hey, just a moment. My lad supports Geelong, so pull your neck in.

However, in your defence (to me) all AFL supporters are moaners, My lad moans that Geelong have not won enough flags, because they are in the finals almost every year, but very rarely win the flag.

When they lose to Richmond he will tell me how poor his team is.

I just wish the Latics had been as "unsuccessful" as Geelong over the last 30 years.

Lucky you. You will be able to watch the final in Queensland, with 2 Victorian teams playing

4 minutes ago, Ex_pat said:

Hey, just a moment. My lad supports Geelong, so pull your neck in.

However, in your defence (to me) all AFL supporters are moaners, My lad moans that Geelong have not won enough flags, because they are in the finals almost every year, but very rarely win the flag.

When they lose to Richmond he will tell me how poor his team is.

I just wish the Latics had been as "unsuccessful" as Geelong over the last 30 years.

Lucky you. You will be able to watch the final in Queensland, with 2 Victorian teams playing

It stems from 54 years of supporting Latics.

Traddition innit. 😁

Also in my defence, i did say deservedly lost and told Bolton to fuck off as well.

Fortunately, they did lol

I am a Geelong supporter next week. Not for (wait for it), the little master or danger (sic), but just so that the likes of Lynch and Cotchin, neither of whom should have played against Port, do not get their grubby hands on the trophy.

Head well and truly pulled in...😄

6 hours ago, bigfatjoe1 said:

they would, if they were dead....loved watching Worthington. 

Ha!

Apologies Frank and Neil!

Having consumed more alcohol than usual prior to and during the game, i couldnt think of any other way to get my point accross.

I see my Whatmore and Worthington and at futher risk of non-resurrection, raise an Ian Greaves.

6 hours ago, L1onheartNew said:

Ha!

Having consumed more alcohol than usual prior to and during the game, i couldnt think of any other way to get my point accross.

I see my Whatmore and Worthington and at futher risk of non-resurrection, raise an Ian Greaves.

I will trum you with a Nat Lofthouse 

12 hours ago, League one forever said:

The finish is a belter. And yes he has he has a great turn of pace. But when he enters their half, there is still plenty of time to run towards him, but they just run backwards. How can a man run from his own half without a sniff of a challenge. If we conceded that, I’d be livid. 

I'm going to say blind panic brought on by his blistering pace. 🙃

5 hours ago, Wardie said:

I'm going to say blind panic brought on by his blistering pace. 🙃

Partly that and partly due to the defender not forcing him wide enough we had 3 on 2 so the defenders had to back off they did the right thing in that respect. Just that when he got to the box he should have forced Dearnley wider.

That said it's a terrific individual goal to run from inside your own half which was worthy of winning any game.

11 hours ago, L1onheartNew said:

Ha!

It was a fair point and well made. They had Greaves we had Frizzell, but they had a much stronger team. Willie Morgan, Whatmore and Worthington.

Still, i also remember them on the slide, and a particularly funny own goal my Mike Doyle, chipping McDonough (poser keeper). Then they had a bit of a revival when big Sam was playing. Best thing to come out of Bolton was the excellent Paul Jones. Did a great job for us.

14 minutes ago, bigfatjoe1 said:

It was a fair point and well made. They had Greaves we had Frizzell, but they had a much stronger team. Willie Morgan, Whatmore and Worthington.

Still, i also remember them on the slide, and a particularly funny own goal my Mike Doyle, chipping McDonough (poser keeper). Then they had a bit of a revival when big Sam was playing. Best thing to come out of Bolton was the excellent Paul Jones. Did a great job for us.

I really liked Steve Taylor, a Royton lad. He was rapid and knew where the goals were. Just wasn’t here long enough.

2 hours ago, Bobledgersheart said:

Good to see plenty of players arriving in the box on several occasions yesterday. I've been under-impressed with Tom Hamer this year but it's great to see him getting in the picture for both goals, especially making a 70 yard run in support for the winner.

Yes, also according to BBC stats we had 17 shots yesterday, which sounds a lot more than we usually manage. Only 3 on target, but it's a start!

4 hours ago, ShireBlue said:

Having seen the Dearnley goal online this morning, I would have loved to have been there yesterday. Despite all the ill-feeling, that would have been special.

Our lot would have been on the pitch like at Chesterfield 

2 hours ago, Worcester Owl said:

Yes, also according to BBC stats we had 17 shots yesterday, which sounds a lot more than we usually manage. Only 3 on target, but it's a start!

Apart from the first 2 league games we have scored 2+ in every game so im not worried whatsoever going forward. Better start to the season in that sense than I can recall. We jus seem to ship 3 goals a game. Which is the worst I can recall

1 hour ago, al_bro said:

Dearnley came as a winger ,and was turned into a striker with Rowe last season. Could be our Henry if we can hang onto him. Great finish.

Think that's a bit inaccurate, Dearnley is a striker whose speed meant he can be played as a winger. He was signed, by Scholes, to play up front initially (his first season he was our #9). 

His speed will still be an asset and he showed quite a good rapport with Rowe last season. Some managers, including Kewell, will still play him as a winger. 

13 minutes ago, rudemedic said:

Think that's a bit inaccurate, Dearnley is a striker whose speed meant he can be played as a winger. He was signed, by Scholes, to play up front initially (his first season he was our #9). 

His speed will still be an asset and he showed quite a good rapport with Rowe last season. Some managers, including Kewell, will still play him as a winger. 

He's not been played wide this season has he ?

9 hours ago, GlossopLatic said:

That said it's a terrific individual goal to run from inside your own half which was worthy of winning any game.

Somewhat reminiscent of Montano's goal at Stevenage, first game of the season, a 4-3 win, a while back.

Archived