Bolton (a)

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply
37 minutes ago, Bristolatic said:

Somewhat reminiscent of Montano's goal at Stevenage, first game of the season, a 4-3 win, a while back.

Haha, what a goal that was... mind you Montano pretty much dribbled it to the touchline before clipping it in! 

One of the best opening day games since we stuffed City at Maine Road in the 80s 😁

1 minute ago, Ritchierich said:

Haha, what a goal that was... mind you Montano pretty much dribbled it to the touchline before clipping it in! 

One of the best opening day games since we stuffed City at Maine Road in the 80s 😁

Wolves 1990

Actually, to correct myself, it was our first away game v City in 88, was played on the Bank Holiday Monday after we had drawn at home to Barnsley on the Saturday

Still not sure how we got out of Moss Side in one piece after getting lost 😊

It all came together under JR second half of that season and we only lost 2 of our last 20 league games which set us up nicely for World domination for the next couple of seasons 

KTF our day will come again

9 hours ago, L1onheartNew said:

Yep, where the the most overrated centre forward ever..

Steve Bull (MBE) - ‘most overrated centre forward ever’? I think that you’re talking a load of bollox there...

The guy rightly was, and still is, a legend. He played for Wolves from 1986 until his retirement from playing in 1999, and holds the club's goalscoring record with 306 goals, which included 18 hat-tricks for the club.

He was capped 13 times for the England team between 1989 and 1990, scoring four goals.

Most overrated? Nah...

9 hours ago, oafc1955 said:

That's the baby. Strange situation with the ground under development. Two sides of the ground out of use and the stand along the side almost a pitch width away from the touchline. Stunning performance from Marshy. 

43 minutes ago, Dave_Og said:

Kalvin Phillips was picked before he'd played Premier league 

Ino yeah that's why I prefaced it with almost certainly bc he was a premier league player and probably wouldn't have made it into the squad if they had run out of steam again. But we can't know that for certain.

15 hours ago, Bobledgersheart said:

He's not been played wide this season has he ?

A front 3 with Rowe central McAleny and Dearnley wide and Bamboozler running at defences will cause defenders in this division nightmares, but can they all be fitted in the team together?

On 10/17/2020 at 10:14 PM, latics22 said:

Hes a classic academy trained player. The difference being he may make it! He dropped down the leagues as a utd player, dropped further as an unemployed player! Willing to make the sacrifice to climb back up again. And has shown ability and slef belief!!@

Yet Callam Dolan about 10 years in the Man United Academy blew his chance and  is now at Matlock Town.

Good on Dearnley for showing dedicated work after a setback can pay off.

In a different scenario Rick Holden turned down a professional contract at Burnley to study at College, then fought his way from Halifax up the leagues.

4 hours ago, TheBigDog said:

Steve Bull (MBE) - ‘most overrated centre forward ever’? I think that you’re talking a load of bollox there...

The guy rightly was, and still is, a legend. He played for Wolves from 1986 until his retirement from playing in 1999, and holds the club's goalscoring record with 306 goals, which included 18 hat-tricks for the club.

He was capped 13 times for the England team between 1989 and 1990, scoring four goals.

Most overrated? Nah...

I stand corrected.

6 hours ago, BP1960 said:

A front 3 with Rowe central McAleny and Dearnley wide and Bamboozler running at defences will cause defenders in this division nightmares, but can they all be fitted in the team together?

You sort of answer your question by naming 4 players for a front 3.

With lots of Saturday, Tuesday, Saturday games this season, squad depth will be key. Can see Dearnley starting tomorrow, with Moyo dropping to the bench. 

A number of people refer to Radio Manchester as Radio Bolton, and now some Rochdale fans (sorry) have checked the main commentary matches on the station since the beginning of the calendar year. I've added last weekends match as well.

Bolton 19.

Oldham 2.

Rochdale 2.

Salford 1.

Wigan 0.

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/rochdale/news/53112/

Tonight's commentary is Barrow v. Bolton, followed by the second half of the Rochdale match.

I knew they were biased, and hadn't realised they were that biased!!

9 minutes ago, LaticMark said:

A number of people refer to Radio Manchester as Radio Bolton, and now some Rochdale fans (sorry) have checked the main commentary matches on the station since the beginning of the calendar year. I've added last weekends match as well.

Bolton 19.

Oldham 2.

Rochdale 2.

Salford 1.

Wigan 0.

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/rochdale/news/53112/

Tonight's commentary is Barrow v. Bolton, followed by the second half of the Rochdale match.

I knew they were biased, and hadn't realised they were that biased!!

That's a shocker. Whatever Bill Rice's qualifications, maths doesn't seem to be his strong suit.

Archived