Jayzus, we've got a match tomoro..

13 hours ago, League one forever said:

You’re changing the goalposts. 

He’s here for more football, yes. But not to learn off a non league player. He might teach him human qualities, but you or I could do that. I highly doubt he can teach him anything technical tactical or positionally. 

If, as AL Bro said we were talking about Peter Clarke or Wheater that’s a different story. Would pidge learn off a semi pro? No. 

It’s all about levels. 

Pidge is competitive, brave and puts his body where it hurts. Many a young academy player could learn from that.

• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

Pidge is competitive, brave and puts his body where it hurts. Many a young academy player could learn from that.

You know better than anyone how difficult it is to make it in the game. I don’t think we need to worry about the character of any young lad who is willing to Join Oldham from Arsenal. 

I don’t Arteta was sat there thinking, I’ll sanction the move for Clarke to Oldham because he’ll play with an honest plodder which will do him the world of good for the premier league. It’s about him getting more first team experience, not joinging the Piergianni academy.  

25 minutes ago, League one forever said:

You know better than anyone how difficult it is to make it in the game. I don’t think we need to worry about the character of any young lad who is willing to Join Oldham from Arsenal. 

I don’t Arteta was sat there thinking, I’ll sanction the move for Clarke to Oldham because he’ll play with an honest plodder which will do him the world of good for the premier league. It’s about him getting more first team experience, not joinging the Piergianni academy.  

Throughout life you learn things positive and negative from many sources.

It's all character building and part reason that these privileged premiership kids are sent up North.

You don't always learn from the smartest or "best" people, even the most humble can teach you sometimes !

1 hour ago, BP1960 said:

Don't think you can learn any of that. You're either brave and/or competitive or you're not. Not like he's gona watch Pidge block a shot on chapel road and be like yowzers I never thought of that, best msg Mikel after training let him know.

2 hours ago, Bobledgersheart said:

Throughout life you learn things positive and negative from many sources.

It's all character building and part reason that these privileged premiership kids are sent up North.

You don't always learn from the smartest or "best" people, even the most humble can teach you sometimes !

Bob, re-read the thread. I made a similar point about 8 posts ago. 

I’m not questioning what he can Learn off another human being. I would of thought that was obvious. . I’m sure Pidge will take him under his wing and look after him- buts that’s got nothing to with football ability. 

I’m questioning what a predominately level 5/6 Player can teach a level 1 player. 

Pidge had Johnno had Bernard at Salford not that long ago. 

Meanwhile Clarke was turning out for England youth sides and now has Mikel Arteta as his manager. 

Well perhaps he'll learn that sometimes it doesn't pay to do tippy-tappy football in your own penalty area like his own first teamers did last night and give a soft goal away.

I'm not saying Piergianni is the ideal tutor for someone with Clarke's apparent ability but he will learn some things, if only what not to do !

1 hour ago, League one forever said:

If Pidge got loaned out to Ramsbottom United- what would he learn on the pitch from £50 a game centre half? 

Nothing- because he’s played at a much higher level. 

George Edmundson was loaned to Ramsbottom and I'd say that worked out for him.

5 hours ago, BP1960 said:

What has happened to Edmundson....he doesn’t appear to be in Rangers 23 strong Europa League Squad and as far as I can see he has started  7 games since leaving Latics ? 
on loan at Radcliffe Borough ?

6 hours ago, BP1960 said:

We caught Rangers with their pants down selling Edmundson for the money we did.

He wasn't much above average even at our level. 

1 hour ago, Behind Closed Doors said:

What has happened to Edmundson....he doesn’t appear to be in Rangers 23 strong Europa League Squad and as far as I can see he has started  7 games since leaving Latics ? 
on loan at Radcliffe Borough ?

Was left out of Europe squad as they are have to have a complement of home players. He has been in league squads this season.

On 10/22/2020 at 4:28 PM, al_bro said:

I don't think Clarke will learn much from Pidge, except , if under pressure get rid. If he was to play alongside Peter Clark or Wheater, he would learn a great deal.

On 10/22/2020 at 6:45 PM, League one forever said:

You think a predominately non league player will be able to teach a player who already has first team experience at the highest level? 

On 10/23/2020 at 3:21 PM, League one forever said:

I’m not questioning what he can Learn off another human being. I would of thought that was obvious. . I’m sure Pidge will take him under his wing and look after him- buts that’s got nothing to with football ability. 

I’m questioning what a predominately level 5/6 Player can teach a level 1 player.

Harry Clarke gives his first interview on the official site:

https://www.oldhamathletic.co.uk/news/2020/october/28102020-clarke-post-southend-a/

A snippet that you guys might be interested to hear when he was asked about the partnership with Piergianni:

”I’ve learnt so much off him just in the last two weeks, he’s always talking and always helping and I’m just grateful to play with him”

*waits for the inevitable ‘well he would say that’  comments...

54 minutes ago, TheBigDog said:

Harry Clarke gives his first interview on the official site:

https://www.oldhamathletic.co.uk/news/2020/october/28102020-clarke-post-southend-a/

A snippet that you guys might be interested to hear when he was asked about the partnership with Piergianni:

”I’ve learnt so much off him just in the last two weeks, he’s always talking and always helping and I’m just grateful to play with him”

*waits for the inevitable ‘well he would say that’  comments...

Or the comments what can an Arsenal player learn from a non league player?

He also let the cat out of the bag, when he said that he's here to prove some people wrong, and that he can scrap. He can learn that from Pidge, and also toughen up, which is probably the real reason he is here.

Archived