Jayzus, we've got a match tomoro..

2 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

Poor team selection at the start, players hadn't a clue of their  positions. Took Rowe to come on and change things.

McAleny anonymous.

I didn't watch it but was McAleny's lack of impact due to the team selection?

• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, that was dreadful

Long balls up to the front, never won a second ball.  Pointless, stupid football.  

Hamer, Jameson, Piergianni, Garrity, Grant: non-league standard, and that's where they'll take us.

McCalmont is an invisible passenger.  Never tracks back, never passes forward.  He's like a static Furman.

Ntambwe has got an engine and got back a few times to rescue us.  

Lawlor kept us in it

Barnett was our only outlet in the first half, but struggled in the second

Bahamboula was kept quiet, out wider than usual

Dearnley and Rowe are the only thing between us and playing in the National League

Really hoping Clarke can finally provide a decent ball out of the back line.  

Think I'd rather bilboe in net after that goalkeeping shitshow. Yh made a few saves nothin spectacular. Then flew out of his net 5 yards behind the ball. Then once we scored decided to go ahead and lie down on the ground or cuddle the ball every time he got it rathe than release it. Most frustrating part of football is when a gk decides he's playin for a point on his own. Didnt deserve a point never-ending a win but still couldve nicked it. Also despite the up and down views of whelan on here, I think tonight showed that hes the one who's able to get hold of the ball and create time rather than hoof it. And as rowe showed, trapping the ball and protecting it gets you places

Terrible performance, hit and hope long ball stuff all night with the exception of the goal.

Barnett not the best tonight. Why we started with that line up, who knows, perhaps resting players.

Rowe is class, Dylan did not get the service tonight, we need to learn to hold the ball and control the game, Carlisle with better finishing should have buried us before half time.

3 minutes ago, Wardie said:

I didn't watch it but was McAleny's lack of impact due to the team selection?

Always surprising with some opinions for a former scout is BP. Forgets that we've played 90 minutes of his favourite kind of prehistoric hoofball and calls out the lad who is 5'8 for being anonymous. Figure that one out.

2 minutes ago, SweeperKeeper said:

Well, that was dreadful

Long balls up to the front, never won a second ball.  Pointless, stupid football.  

Hamer, Jameson, Piergianni, Garrity, Grant: non-league standard, and that's where they'll take us.

McCalmont is an invisible passenger.  Never tracks back, never passes forward.  He's like a static Furman.

Ntambwe has got an engine and got back a few times to rescue us.  

Lawlor kept us in it

Barnett was our only outlet in the first half, but struggled in the second

Bahamboula was kept quiet, out wider than usual

Dearnley and Rowe are the only thing between us and playing in the National League

Really hoping Clarke can finally provide a decent ball out of the back line.  

That last surge by Clarke was one of the only time someone got stuck in and didn't look shit scared of getting involved (Rowe aside). I want to see him and Rowe start next game. Not a huge fan of Lawlor, think he could have done better for their goal. Bilboe looked better on Saturday imo.

And sorry to say. Barnett is a bully victim, who gets beaten far too easily with zero fight, we need another left back because he's as weak as a runt child's piss.

2 minutes ago, Clubfootkilkenny said:

Whether we like it or not, Garrity is by far and away our best midfielder at the moment. Agree with the rest though.

Garrity is okay, but played just as badly as everyone else tonight. He had a couple of semi chances from crosses and didn't connect, like most of the team didn't want to get stuck in.

7 minutes ago, Chris15Arm said:

Think I'd rather bilboe in net after that goalkeeping shitshow. Yh made a few saves nothin spectacular. Then flew out of his net 5 yards behind the ball. Then once we scored decided to go ahead and lie down on the ground or cuddle the ball every time he got it rathe than release it. Most frustrating part of football is when a gk decides he's playin for a point on his own. Didnt deserve a point never-ending a win but still couldve nicked it. Also despite the up and down views of whelan on here, I think tonight showed that hes the one who's able to get hold of the ball and create time rather than hoof it. And as rowe showed, trapping the ball and protecting it gets you places

If McCalmont is a good prospect so is Whelan from what I've seen.

The thing that gets me is this. 

In league one and two you are only as good as strikers. . and somehow we managed to cobble together a cracking front three for our level and budget . . and yet they never start together!? Rowe Dearnley and Mac should start every possible game. If they do- we’ll be ok. I say ok because we’re fucking dire at the back. 

5 minutes ago, PlayItLivo said:

That last surge by Clarke was one of the only time someone got stuck in and didn't look shit scared of getting involved (Rowe aside). I want to see him and Rowe start next game. Not a huge fan of Lawlor, think he could have done better for their goal. Bilboe looked better on Saturday imo.

And sorry to say. Barnett is a bully victim, who gets beaten far too easily with zero fight, we need another left back because he's as weak as a runt child's piss.

Barnett is a winger and forced to play as a full back due to circumstances.

I'd like to see him on the left wing when either of the other two full backs return.

2 minutes ago, League one forever said:

The thing that gets me is this. 

In league one and two you are only as good as strikers. . and somehow we managed to cobble together a cracking front three for our level and budget . . and yet they never start together!? Rowe Dearnley and Mac should start every possible game. If they do- we’ll be ok. I say ok because we’re fucking dire at the back. 

It is bizarre not to start with all three and maybe Kewell is having delusions of grandeur. Perhaps the intro of Clarke will help remedy that situation. We shall see.

Archived