Jayzus, we've got a match tomoro..

1 minute ago, BP1960 said:

Bahamboula is best as a central attacking midfielder, not wide IMO.

I am also of this opinion, means the defender(s) has to think a bit more. 

If he played like last nite on his debut he would have forever derided as 'rubbish' and not given a chance by lots of our fans.

He did actually start central, but after a wild flying left foot 'volley' into the ground, a gangly three touch 40 yard run into the main stand lower and something else l can't quite recall, he was moved out wide.

Unlucky at the end when Clarke proper smashed it at him and he cudnt quite sort his feet for the first time finish.

• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply

One good thing with Kewell testing positive for Covid-19 is that he will have watched the exact same broadcast of the match as we did - and maybe that will help him understand what we see rather than judge the performances based on his pitch-side perspective. 

I imagine his team sheet for the Vale game will have Clarke, Rowe and Dearnley inked in already....👍

56 minutes ago, League one forever said:

Just seen the table, and remembered only one goes down this season. 

Imagine how shit you’d have to be to be worse than Southend this season. 

Oh.

wait. 

I’m there. 

Sure about that? 

57 minutes ago, TheBigDog said:

One good thing with Kewell testing positive for Covid-19 is that he will have watched the exact same broadcast of the match as we did - and maybe that will help him understand what we see rather than judge the performances based on his pitch-side perspective. 

I imagine his team sheet for the Vale game will have Clarke, Rowe and Dearnley inked in already....👍

Mo will have been there though.

23 minutes ago, Monty Burns said:

Just watched the highlights and Clarke to WamBaham at the end was actually a perfectly weighted quality pass. Poor finish prevented us taking the ultimate smash and grab.

Roll on Saturday..

The main positive to come from last night's game ( apart from the point ) was Clarke's vignette which showed he should start at every opportunity.

1 hour ago, oafc1955 said:

Maybe it wasn’t Kewell who picked the starting 11 last night

I'm not saying Mo isn't influencing selection, but...

... surely there's more in it for him financially to sell players we have under contract than play loan players?

So why would he want to start Grant, McCalmont and Garrity over Bahamboula, Whelan and Fage?  

It's not like they're not all his picks anyway.  Clear that when they first took over that they preferred their own signings, but now?

I remember Notts County fans saying Kewell's team selection was bizarre so it could just as well be him

1 hour ago, Monty Burns said:

Just watched the highlights and Clarke to WamBaham at the end was actually a perfectly weighted quality pass. Poor finish prevented us taking the ultimate smash and grab.

Roll on Saturday..

Thats a very harsh view! He was 2 yards out and he was the wrong side of the post. Would have been some finish to turn that in

22 minutes ago, Chris15Arm said:

Thats a very harsh view! He was 2 yards out and he was the wrong side of the post. Would have been some finish to turn that in

Ino but I get accused of being too positive so I'm trying to show my meaner more ruthless side.

Ive done exactly what Bahamboula did there many a time and its also possible to completely miss the ball with those type of chances, so at least he didn't do that!!!

1 hour ago, SweeperKeeper said:

I'm not saying Mo isn't influencing selection, but...

... surely there's more in it for him financially to sell players we have under contract than play loan players?

So why would he want to start Grant, McCalmont and Garrity over Bahamboula, Whelan and Fage?  

It's not like they're not all his picks anyway.  Clear that when they first took over that they preferred their own signings, but now?

I remember Notts County fans saying Kewell's team selection was bizarre so it could just as well be him

If this was our manager here is the reply you could get.

3 hours ago, TheBigDog said:

I really wouldn't be confident of that!

4 hours ago, TheBigDog said:

It’s clear that I need to improve the quality of my Saturdays.

Please help me out here Dave, I need saving from myself...I am one of (probably) many who either spends Saturday afternoon at the football (or watching the game on iFollow during these extraordinary times)  - failing that  I am with Jeff and the boys between 3pm and 5pm.

What are these ‘far better things’ that you do on a Saturday afternoon? Any more performances like last night and I need to know that there is an alternative! 😀

I watched Jeff Stelling last night being too much of a tight arse to pay a tenner to watch the game. His reaction to Dearnley’s goal was brilliant, using at as an indicator of how good football can be even at the bottom end of the EFL.

33 minutes ago, SweeperKeeper said:

You have to be specially dense to agree to give an interview then get annoyed at being asked questions

Got a problem with the journalist there, I reckon.

Given there was no fans in the ground, I'm not sure who the people were who "raised a few eyebrows..".

Archived