• Replies 241
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, Bobledgersheart said:

Think the "high press" tactics take a bit too much out of him to play consecutive matches. 

It might be better to let Rowe do what he does best, play him every game, we are a far more potent attacking threat when he plays alongside Dearnley. Let the opposition worry about us. 

4 minutes ago, Behind Closed Doors said:

Clarke’s 5 minute cameo on Tuesday was almost jaw droppingly good ......however if he is as good as that 5 minutes I can’t help thinking he wouldn’t be on loan to Oldham Athletic ?      We will know more by 5.00 tomorrow afternoon and let’s hope we are not setting our expectations too high

He was sent to watch Pidge close up.

I think it will be revelation for him. 

4 minutes ago, Behind Closed Doors said:

Clarke’s 5 minute cameo on Tuesday was almost jaw droppingly good ......however if he is as good as that 5 minutes I can’t help thinking he wouldn’t be on loan to Oldham Athletic ?      We will know more by 5.00 tomorrow afternoon and let’s hope we are not setting our expectations too high

He'd struggle not to improve on our back four.

He's here because he'll be guaranteed a starting place, not sat on the bench for half a season.

In for Jombati for me.

1 hour ago, BP1960 said:

Bahamboula for Garrity, throw the kitchen sink at them.

Reckon Garrity'll get you 8-10 goals a season if you play to his strengths. He made two or three great late runs into the box against Bolton but no-one found him. 

Bahamboula's more of an impact player, I think. 

2 hours ago, OneSizeFitz said:

Reckon Garrity'll get you 8-10 goals a season if you play to his strengths. He made two or three great late runs into the box against Bolton but no-one found him. 

Bahamboula's more of an impact player, I think. 

Launching Bahamboula into the fray certainly does give the opposition something to worry about.

I would like to say give him a free role but our midfield isnt nearly strong enough.

Common sense says play Rowe with Dearnley, we shall see.

Dont think anyone else has commented CBJ should be reinstalled at left back, but he was effective last season, I would stick with him.

Will need to be at it from the off against Vale, first half against Carlisle was poor.

Lawlor

Ntambwe

Clarke

Piergianni

Hamer

McCalmont

Garrity

Barnett

Dearnley

Rowe

McAleny

Is it the perfect lineup?  Will it completely solve our defensive issues?  Absolutely not.  But I think the 3-4-3 with those players is the most balanced team we could put out.

Hamer and Barnett aren't exceptional players but I think they are both physical, energetic and defensive minded enough to play as wing-backs.  The back three would give them enough protection so that they can push forward more.  They could also drop to become full-backs while Ntambwe becomes the anchorman in midfield if needed.

Any of McCalmont, Garrity and Whelan could make up the central midfield two, McCalmont and Garrity are marginally ahead of Whelan imo.

The front three is dangerous and all can drop deeper or wider and play more advanced if needed.  I think Bahamboula is still better used as an impact player from the bench for the time being.

2 hours ago, the_mighty_bosh said:

Lawlor

Ntambwe

Clarke

Piergianni

Hamer

McCalmont

Garrity

Barnett

Dearnley

Rowe

McAleny

Is it the perfect lineup?  Will it completely solve our defensive issues?  Absolutely not.  But I think the 3-4-3 with those players is the most balanced team we could put out.

Hamer and Barnett aren't exceptional players but I think they are both physical, energetic and defensive minded enough to play as wing-backs.  The back three would give them enough protection so that they can push forward more.  They could also drop to become full-backs while Ntambwe becomes the anchorman in midfield if needed.

Any of McCalmont, Garrity and Whelan could make up the central midfield two, McCalmont and Garrity are marginally ahead of Whelan imo.

The front three is dangerous and all can drop deeper or wider and play more advanced if needed.  I think Bahamboula is still better used as an impact player from the bench for the time being.

I like midfielders who appear in the box unnoticed and Garrity does just that.

Granted, most of his midfield play goes unnoticed too; but he has worked hard in doing what he is good at.

4 hours ago, Mayfield said:

Dont think anyone else has commented CBJ should be reinstalled at left back, but he was effective last season, I would stick with him.

Probs bc CBJ is soft as play dough and Barnet has been an absolute revelation as his replacement. See some barmy shit on this site but that's a Barry Owen level of terrible idea.

6 hours ago, Monty Burns said:

Probs bc CBJ is soft as play dough and Barnet has been an absolute revelation as his replacement. See some barmy shit on this site but that's a Barry Owen level of terrible idea.

That's like the ultimate insult, comparing someone to Barry Owen or sharing Barry Owen way of thinking. 

Archived