1 hour ago, BP1960 said:

An old fashioned 4-4-2 would be better, 2 full backs and 2 wingers.

But that's not in the trendy coaching manual anymore.

But our full backs are shit, and I don't think we have any wingers?

• Replies 241
  • Created
  • Last Reply
54 minutes ago, oafcmetty said:

But our full backs are shit, and I don't think we have any wingers?

The debate on tactics, formation, manager(s).......pointless. As Glossop says, we are shuffling the deckchairs on the Titanic. Until the Lemsagams and Owen are driven out of this club nothing, absolutely nothing, will change for the better.

1 hour ago, Worcester Owl said:

The debate on tactics, formation, manager(s).......pointless. As Glossop says, we are shuffling the deckchairs on the Titanic. Until the Lemsagams and Owen are driven out of this club nothing, absolutely nothing, will change for the better.

I agree, but I find the off-the-field issues almost impossible to realistically be fixed in the near future.  At least the on-field discussion has the small hope of bringing some joy, even if it's simply a goal rather than a win.

10 hours ago, LightDN123 said:

Stick everyone behind the ball and pray that Dearnley, Rowe and McAleny can bag us a goal. All we have available to us, our defence and midfield is that bad. 

If Dearnley MacAleny Rowe and Bahamboula are all playing we are defending with 7 men when we lose the ball.....midfield gets overrun and blamed 

18 hours ago, Behind Closed Doors said:

If Dearnley MacAleny Rowe and Bahamboula are all playing we are defending with 7 men when we lose the ball.....midfield gets overrun and blamed 

Isn't 7 enough to defend with?

13 minutes ago, Behind Closed Doors said:

I assume you are not being serious....but 7 is not enough because they have 11 

Well I presume the oppositions centre backs arnt darting forward into the box. If the opposition didn’t have players behind the ball also then that would be a weird game. 

Maybe we are getting lost in what we consider defending. 

24 minutes ago, Behind Closed Doors said:

I assume you are not being serious....but 7 is not enough because they have 11 

Are you expecting all 11 including the goal keeper to attack us, leaving the 4 you mentioned of ours unmarked?

1 hour ago, oafc1955 said:

If the 4 players you’re referring to kept  the opposition busy defending for long enough then 7 would be ample, especially at home, where we really should be taking the initiative.

We would need the ball for them to keep them busy...when they have 11 playing and we have 4 watching guess who has the ball

Archived