2 minutes ago, Handsy said:

I can’t see what McCalmont Brings he’s been poor in every game  get him off 

Has never looked interested and has rarely crossed the half way line in any game I've seen.

Whelan looks interested,but also rarely crosses the halfway line. 

Not a big Garrity fan,  but has to come on at the start of the second half.

• Replies 241
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, BP1960 said:

Has never looked interested and has rarely crossed the half way line in any game I've seen.

Whelan looks interested,but also rarely crosses the halfway line. 

Not a big Garrity fan,  but has to come on at the start of the second half.

Garrity not in the squad today.  

Agree with all the rest.

Whelan keeps trying to pull off passes he isn't capable of.  McCalmont plays like he's been told he'll be shot if he or the ball goes in the other half.

None of the three of them look good enough.

Although I can understand people's frustrations I don't think the likes of Whelan, McAlmont, Bamboozler and Barnett are bad players. For me they are all completely inexperienced at this level and learning the game. Add to this Clarke who is also young and inexperienced. The problem is you can't play them all at the same time. Only one of them should be playing in a team of experienced pros. That's the other problem. Our experienced pro's are in the main not that experienced. I would guess no outfield player has 100 games and only McAleny and Hamer  over 50. None of our players have been regular first choices at league clubs in their careers except Hamer. We need Wheater back but that's not enough. Someone like McCann and at least one other. The youngsters today are being bossed by payers who have played at this level before, and they have no one to protect or lead them.

10 minutes ago, astottie said:

Although I can understand people's frustrations I don't think the likes of Whelan, McAlmont, Bamboozler and Barnett are bad players. For me they are all completely inexperienced at this level and learning the game. Add to this Clarke who is also young and inexperienced. The problem is you can't play them all at the same time. Only one of them should be playing in a team of experienced pros. That's the other problem. Our experienced pro's are in the main not that experienced. I would guess no outfield player has 100 games and only McAleny and Hamer  over 50. None of our players have been regular first choices at league clubs in their careers except Hamer. We need Wheater back but that's not enough. Someone like McCann and at least one other. The youngsters today are being bossed by payers who have played at this level before, and they have no one to protect or lead them.

Not sure if all in league but

CBJ and Grant have played in over 50 pro games and Jombati well over 100. None of whom started.

Archived