1 minute ago, SweeperKeeper said:

Got what we deserved,

League One up front

National League North midfield and full backs

Clarke, Piergianni and Lawlor managed to keep the score down, Rowe, Bahamboula and McAleny tried to make things happen without much success. Dearnley took his goal brilliantly.

Barnett and Hamer were completely out-fought, out-thought and out of their depth.  McCalmont and Whelan offer nothing at the back and nothing going forward.

It's looking desperate.

CBJ another one who doesn't put a shift in 

• Replies 241
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It might be better to let Rowe do what he does best, play him every game, we are a far more potent attacking threat when he plays alongside Dearnley. Let the opposition worry about us. 

Although I can understand people's frustrations I don't think the likes of Whelan, McAlmont, Bamboozler and Barnett are bad players. For me they are all completely inexperienced at this level and lear

What's ridiculous is that their people who still believe that managers tactics have had anything to do with our abject failure over the last 3 years, and inevitable slide into non-league in the next 2

6 minutes ago, Clubfootkilkenny said:

Let’s have it right, every player we have is shite, with the exception of Rowe. And by shite, I mean would struggle to hold their own in the national league. 

The three lads in attack are good and will score plenty, but there's no point them being there if the midfield can't get the ball up to them.

1 minute ago, Guy Branston Pickle said:

The three lads in attack are good and will score plenty, but there's no point them being there if the midfield can't get the ball up to them.

It will be struggle to get the ball to them when 2 holding midfielders are always in their own half like McCalmont and Whelen.

In a way I am glad we did not get anything out of the game, we were the same in midweek.

I think an old head is needed in midfield, we don't hold the ball, first half we played hoof ball and every time it went to a Vale player for them to come at again.

There some decent players in the team, Rowe, Dearnley, Bamboula, Piergianni and McAleny, but they are chasing a lost cause carrying the others, would like to see Wheater back and Badan return from injury and someone with experience in midfield.

• Like 1
Just now, Stainrod said:

First touch is problematic, Rowe and Mcaleney have it and probably Clarke, the rest don’t, with Whelan and Mcalmont only able to touch back towards their own goal. They must not play together again.

They shouldn't, but the question is who to play instead?

Ntambwe is the obvious one, but who else?  

1 minute ago, Stainrod said:

First touch is problematic, Rowe and Mcaleney have it and probably Clarke, the rest don’t, with Whelan and Mcalmont only able to touch back towards their own goal. They must not play together again.

That was what fans were saying before the game, but our so called  professional coaches always know best 

We have a team full of inexperienced players cobbled together who are powderpuff and get rolled over each and every week. Make no mistake Bolton are also a very poor side and the the reason we managed a rare win.

Its usually a “let’s see where we are after 10 games,” well, I’ll tell you now where we’ll be....in the bottom 3!

It was blatantly obvious to everyone we needed experience in every area of the pitch, we didn’t get it and is why we are where we are.

I don’t see this squad making the necessary improvement to avoid yet another relegation battle.

An utterly depressing situation!!!

********ABDALLAH OUT********

I can't understand the constant swapping and changing. It's as if no-one who picks the side knows what the best starting 11 is. 

McCalmont is woeful. I've thought that everytime he's played. Whelan is great in principle but he is played too deep. 

Barnet, might be controversial but I like him. He shows passion. The booking was stupid but he is edgy and doesn't mind rollocking those around him.

Bam not given any time or space.

Hamer needs to be central and Clarke wide. 

Fage wins the award for 'What have you brought me too?' Look of the year after sliding off the pitch into a pool of mud. His look down at himself and then the bench was hilarious. He played OK when on though. 

Dearnley frustrated, not given the service.

McAleny not really involved because of the hoof ball going on. 

Rowe is pulling the strings. Needs more game time

Clark will improve given games. 

What is more frustrating is there is little to no improvement week on week. It's hard to tell who is culpable at the moment. 

Edited by ChrisRichard
1 minute ago, SweeperKeeper said:

They shouldn't, but the question is who to play instead?

Ntambwe is the obvious one, but who else?  

Ntambwe is the closest thing to Sylla we have. Good at breaking up play...

Garrity in next instead of Alfie and I have been probably his biggest critic. If he can convert half of the runs he sneaks into the backpost, he will get 10-12 this season.

3 minutes ago, ChrisRichard said:

I can't understand the constant swapping and changing. It's as if no-one who picks the side knows what the best starting 11 is. 

McCalmont is woeful. I've thought that everytime he's played. Whelan is great in principle but he is played too deep. 

Barnet, might be controversial but I like him. He shows passion. The booking was stupid but he is edgy and doesn't mind rollocking those around him.

Bam not given any time or space.

Hamer needs to be central and Clarke wide. 

Fage wins the award for 'What have you brought me too?' Look of the year after sliding off the pitch into a pool of mud. His look down at himself and then the bench was hilarious. He played OK when on though. 

Dearnley frustrated, not given the service.

McAleny not really involved because of the hoof ball going on. 

Clark will improve given games. 

What is more frustrating is there is little to no improvement week on week. It's hard to tell who is culpable at the moment. 

Hamer needs to be central to improve his distribution. 

Better suited to a town centre Macdonalds delivery driver...

Worse than Alfie for me

• Like 2
20 minutes ago, Careca9 said:

4 defeats from 5 at home. Also lost to the sides I would imagine will finish mid to bottom. The manager hasn’t been given the best pool to work with but I don’t think he’s got a clue what his best team is and his lack of continuity in selection is prob adding to our issues. Can’t honestly give HK more than 4/10 so far. Going to be a long season as won’t be long before he gets fired, how long did banide get? U could actually see progress under him, can’t say that for kewell 

I didn’t see much progress at Bradford away to be honest, and that was under Banide. I just dont think we are good enough, individually and collectively. Other teams seem to close us down very quickly and we don’t do the same to them. I put that down to either our players not being up to it, or perhaps some of them still need to get used to the pace of the game. I hope it’s the latter but whatever it is they need to buck up quickly otherwise they’ll be playing under a new manager.

1 minute ago, Guy Branston Pickle said:

It's absolutely crying out for someone like Chris McCann in that midfield, a bit of experience to put his foot on the ball and dictate play. Why did they let him go again?

He probably asked for a wage...the bastard.

• Like 2

Port vale will push for promotion this season I think they the best side we’ve played up to yet  midfield is our big problem no experience and out battled to easily Whelan and McCalmont just not up for it week in week out  can’t wait for  tue for Southend’s first win of the season

24 minutes ago, Gary1906 said:

I didn’t see much progress at Bradford away to be honest, and that was under Banide. I just dont think we are good enough, individually and collectively. Other teams seem to close us down very quickly and we don’t do the same to them. I put that down to either our players not being up to it, or perhaps some of them still need to get used to the pace of the game. I hope it’s the latter but whatever it is they need to buck up quickly otherwise they’ll be playing under a new manager.

The good Dino win against Newport seems light years away.

What was the official reason he was sacked?

44 minutes ago, Guy Branston Pickle said:

The midfield getting the ball to the front men is the least of our worries. It's protecting the back 4 and keeping a clean sheet that's the problem. See the goals against column for factual proof.