FA Cup 20/21

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, mick26 said:

That's my point - that squad wasn't the best but it was a million times better than what we've got now.

Also a bloody great day out, Thanks ago to the fan (apologies name has slipped my memory) that arranged the sail down the river

23 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

Big crowd at Bishops Stortford in tonight's FA cup tie on BT Sport. Don't see much isolating or many masks 

From the non-league games I've been to, the vast majority people attending matches have managed to watch the games whilst social distancing and complying with the ground regulations - however many non-league clubs have seen an influx of fans from other clubs who are wanting to get their live game fix; it's a double egded sword. They need the fans for the cash, but the fans that are attending aren't regulars and couldn't give a toss if that club has to shut its doors.

I know that if the clubs want to keep crowds at games they have to make sure fans comply. Clubs are doing their upmost - but ultimately it's up to the fans to make it work.

I reckon Bishops Stortford will be lucky to escape some form of sanction, but it won't be the fault of the club.

1 hour ago, Matt said:

From the non-league games I've been to, the vast majority people attending matches have managed to watch the games whilst social distancing and complying with the ground regulations - however many non-league clubs have seen an influx of fans from other clubs who are wanting to get their live game fix; it's a double egded sword. They need the fans for the cash, but the fans that are attending aren't regulars and couldn't give a toss if that club has to shut its doors.

I know that if the clubs want to keep crowds at games they have to make sure fans comply. Clubs are doing their upmost - but ultimately it's up to the fans to make it work.

I reckon Bishops Stortford will be lucky to escape some form of sanction, but it won't be the fault of the club.

It's fairly easy to social distance at a non-league ground however if its pissing down and their is limited covered standing space like at Glossop North End 3 weeks ago it becomes a problem.

3 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

It's fairly easy to social distance at a non-league ground however if its pissing down and their is limited covered standing space like at Glossop North End 3 weeks ago it becomes a problem.

From memory doesn’t Glossop North Ends pitch slope about 6 foot from one touchine to the other ? 

2 hours ago, BP1960 said:

Big crowd at Bishops Stortford in tonight's FA cup tie on BT Sport. Don't see much isolating or many masks 

The limit was 600. Not sure what the attendance was but it was sold out. It was also a lot of fun. 

8 hours ago, Behind Closed Doors said:

It didn’t look good on TV ( the crowd organisation not the game) ...and those in authority will be horrified by it 

Frankly, if anyone says to close grounds, there now can be no argument against it. Petitions and pleading poverty, doesn't matter. Can't be trusted. 

In terms of the club. Kick them out. Make an example of them.

12 hours ago, SAV said:

Telly game?

12 hours ago, peanuts2 said:

possible can see plastics  v chorley being one local Derby plastics hard luck story etc

Depending on how many games are shown live by BBC&BT - possibly five - our tie has a good chance of being one of them.

36 minutes ago, TheBigDog said:

Depending on how many games are shown live by BBC&BT - possibly five - our tie has a good chance of being one of them.

Club patron Vince Cable, celeb supporter Paul Merton.

2 hours ago, OldhamSheridan said:

In terms of the club. Kick them out. Make an example of them.

No doubt focused on a small section behind the goals.  Can't imagine any ground with fans being any different so I can see an argument for fully closing all grounds but kick them out because they were on the telly?    Where I was on the side of the ground the social distancing was easy and well observed; certainly better observed than the High Street on market day

Archived