FA Cup 20/21

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Think Stockport v West Ham, Crawley v Leeds and  Bristol Rovers v Sheffield United have all got a very good chance of being one of main TV games. 

While there may be 5 or 6 main TV games there are usually around a dozen other games that get TV money, akin to our games against Hampton and Richmond, Bradford, Maidstone and Fulham in recent years. We've got a decent chance of getting one of those slots IMHO. I think the TV companies will also be mindful of what tier games are in, so our chances may improve on that basis too. 

2 hours ago, rudemedic said:

Think Stockport v West Ham, Crawley v Leeds and  Bristol Rovers v Sheffield United have all got a very good chance of being one of main TV games. 

While there may be 5 or 6 main TV games there are usually around a dozen other games that get TV money, akin to our games against Hampton and Richmond, Bradford, Maidstone and Fulham in recent years. We've got a decent chance of getting one of those slots IMHO. I think the TV companies will also be mindful of what tier games are in, so our chances may improve on that basis too. 

. . . and Marine v Spurs!

20 hours ago, rudemedic said:

Was only including those not already mentioned. Marine v Spurs is nailed on to be covered. 

oh gawd does that mean we are gonna have to put up with that profesional scouser Macateer waffling on about how he stated at Marine as a summeriser/pundit 

2 hours ago, peanuts2 said:

oh gawd does that mean we are gonna have to put up with that profesional scouser Macateer waffling on about how he stated at Marine as a summeriser/pundit 

Could he string a sufficient number of sentences together? 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I love the romance of the FA Cup and am enjoying all the TV coverage of the build-up to the Marine v Spurs tie. Latics Reserves used to play in the same league as Marine, and I used to go to BP to watch them in the 1950s, particularly to find out on the PA at half and full-time the score in the first team's away match. 

Lancashire Combination:

https://www.nonleaguematters.co.uk/nlmnet/Regs1Df/Lan51.html

7 hours ago, Diego_Sideburns said:

I love the romance of the FA Cup and am enjoying all the TV coverage of the build-up to the Marine v Spurs tie. Latics Reserves used to play in the same league as Marine, and I used to go to BP to watch them in the 1950s, particularly to find out on the PA at half and full-time the score in the first team's away match. 

Lancashire Combination:

https://www.nonleaguematters.co.uk/nlmnet/Regs1Df/Lan51.html

Good to see u back posting Diego.....missed your comments and incites.

1 hour ago, Bobledgersheart said:

I'm hoping you mean insights.

incite.....to stir ,encourage or spur on .....own goals Bob and Latcs Pete.....the word has both positive and negatve meaning.

On 1/11/2021 at 8:56 AM, BP1960 said:

Looking forward to the first round draw next season and going to the match.

Agreed, as an exile I've enjoyed being able to watch more matches than I've ever watched before, but it's absolutely not the same without people in the ground.

Archived