Southend (A)

1 hour ago, BP1960 said:

Why has he gone worse?

Possible reasons for this could include but are not exclusive too: 

1. He's in a piss poor squad with a lack of experienced pro's to mentor him in training and through games, and an overall environment which isn't helping players develop.

2. He might just need taking out of the team for abit like alot of young players do he will be more prone to dips in form. Due to a lack of strength in depth this isn't possible.

3. He's the new David Mellor and doesn't fulfill his potential.

4. All of the above

• Replies 276
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, GlossopLatic said:

Possible reasons for this could include but are not exclusive too: 

1. He's in a piss poor squad with a lack of experienced pro's to mentor him in training and through games, and an overall environment which isn't helping players develop.

2. He might just need taking out of the team for abit like alot of young players do he will be more prone to dips in form. Due to a lack of strength in depth this isn't possible.

3. He's the new David Mellor and doesn't fulfill his potential.

4. All of the above

5 ..he is overrated 

44 minutes ago, Bobledgersheart said:

These posts may well prove correct but to my mind he could do with a rest.

He looks a shell of a player and would benefit from a week off training and a few portions of pudding and chips !!

This for me.

Hamer will be 21 years old next month. Since his debut in January 2018 he has played nigh on 100 first team games. A rest would do him the world of good methinks.

1 hour ago, TheBigDog said:

This for me.

Hamer will be 21 years old next month. Since his debut in January 2018 he has played nigh on 100 first team games. A rest would do him the world of good methinks.

He just had a rest for about 3 months ? 
Shall we give him a year off the poor kid, he must be shattered.

Wish I could have a week off because I did my job 100 times. 

I haven't watched Latics at all this season however I think that Tom Hamer is possibly going through a 2nd-year professional syndrome where his progress has plateaued and he appears to be going backwards career wise. 

Tom is still only 21 and a young pro, he needs an older head to guide him through games - bit like Edmondson had with Clarke. 

It looks likely that Wheater is never going to return given his fall out with the owners, so Hamer needs tutorage from other more senior pros. 

To be honest, the best leader we had at the club in the last 20/30 years was Adam Lockwood - we picked him up from Guiseley after Bury had dispensed with him and he was brilliant for us for 1/2 a season. 

If we had some leadership at the back and some foundation to underpin our defence, I am sure Tom Hamer and others would be seen in a better light. 

We need a new Adam Lockwood type player who guide us through the storm               

7 hours ago, Bobledgersheart said:

These posts may well prove correct but to my mind he could do with a rest.

He looks a shell of a player and would benefit from a week off training and a few portions of pudding and chips !!

Surely for quality Latics  full back its needs to be a pudding on a muffin.

43 minutes ago, kev1969 said:

Hope we get on the front foot to them tonight unlike Saturday..

It really is important that we do well tonight.

Important for Harry Kewell because a defeat might mean he gets the sack.

Important for the team as losing to the bottom of the league may well erode what little confidence is left.

Important for me as I cannot bear the thought of watching another performance like the one we put in first half on Saturday.😮

Whatever the starting eleven, one or two players need to step up:

McEleny needs to get onto the ball more and onto the scoresheet again.

Rowe has done well but needs to have a few more shots on goal.

McAlmont needs to show that he is worth his place.

Ntambwe needs to show he can play 90 minutes.

Our continuing problem is the lack of positive impact from our central midfield and our wingbacks.

Until last Saturday, Barnett had done okay but he was rightly hooked at halftime along with Hamer.

Fage and to a lesser extent CBJ made us more potent when they came on. And it was good to see Fage and Bahamboula combining well down the right in the second half.

If Garrity is the one isolating that leaves us, as we all know, woefully short in the middle of the park.

I will be handing over a tenner for the game (kickoff 7pm) but I will be watching with hope rather than expectation.

It is with a heavy heart I notice two important things ..... as the official says the last 4 meetomgs we have failed to bag a single goal and SUFC have yet to win ..... 92nd min Southend fluke goal of Tim Diengs arse will tske sll three points 

We’re a mess defensively, we’ve no fight in midfield, we’re second to every ball and get bullied. But McAleny, Rowe and Dearnley are probably up there with the best attacking players in the division so we have to at least start winning some games by simply outscoring the opposition even if we concede a couple. Tonight will hopefully be one of those nights.

On 10/26/2020 at 4:10 PM, unsworth blue said:

To be honest, the best leader we had at the club in the last 20/30 years was Adam Lockwood           

Well, it's not a matter of being 'honest' is it.....it's your view. A fucked up one...but it's your view.

Archived